^^^^^Aggies vs. TCU-College World Series Tuesday^^^^^

200,096 Views | 1598 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by fireinthehole
HoustonAg2106
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
No coach worth hiring is going to leave his current job for a school that just fired a coach who took his team to Omaha that year
VegasAg86
AG
Tanya 93 said:

VegasAg86 said:

Tanya 93 said:

jblaschke said:

TAM85 said:

We need to go find a 6' 8" pitcher head coach.
FIFY

With the facilities, resources, conference exposure and fan base we have, get a great head coach and both the pitching and hitting will come.

Who is going to come here if we fire the coach after making Omaha?

Any names? Or is just the generic new coach?

Omaha this year, Super Regionals the previous 2, arguably a play from Omaha in both of them. Coach isn't good enough. We win in spite of Childress, lose because of him. TexAgs gonna TexAgs.

Can you give me the name of a coach that will come to A&M after RC is fired when he gets back?

No. I'm with you. Guess I wasn't clear. We've had significant success the last 3 years. Yet, somehow, people think Childress isn't good enough. They seem to think we win in in spite of Childress and lose because of him.
🤡 🤡 🤡
AggieBand2004
AG
The manager of a baseball team shoulders more blame than any other sport's head coach. It's really pretty silly, and I wish a vocal minority of our fans could see the error of their ways
Tanya 93
VegasAg86 said:

Tanya 93 said:

VegasAg86 said:

Tanya 93 said:

jblaschke said:

TAM85 said:

We need to go find a 6' 8" pitcher head coach.
FIFY

With the facilities, resources, conference exposure and fan base we have, get a great head coach and both the pitching and hitting will come.

Who is going to come here if we fire the coach after making Omaha?

Any names? Or is just the generic new coach?

Omaha this year, Super Regionals the previous 2, arguably a play from Omaha in both of them. Coach isn't good enough. We win in spite of Childress, lose because of him. TexAgs gonna TexAgs.

Can you give me the name of a coach that will come to A&M after RC is fired when he gets back?

No. I'm with you. Guess I wasn't clear. We've had significant success the last 3 years. Yet, somehow, people think Childress isn't good enough. They seem to think we win in in spite of Childress and lose because of him.

My mistake. I apologize.
merc
AG
If it wasn't TCU again no way people would be taking it this hard. Their success of late in general and against us is frustrating to watch. It is like the new version of Rice back in the day.
TexasRebel
AG
I want to take every last cupcake off of our schedule. Tough opponents? Great! Beat them anyway.

None of this propping up numbers *****
Mark Fairchild
AG
Hey, you are a great force(both in the kitchen and on the forum). Hope that you, dabo, and Benny have a great year. See you next year. Gig'Em!
Gig'em, Ole Army Class of '70
Tanya 93
TexasRebel said:

I want to take every last cupcake off of our schedule. Tough opponents? Great! Beat them anyway.

WAIT!

My dulce de leche cupcakes are awesome!
Tanya 93
Mark Fairchild said:

Hey, you are a great force(both in the kitchen and on the forum). Hope that you, dabo, and Benny have a great year. See you next year. Gig'Em!

Thanks.

I was informed tonight at dessert that I need to find a way to get more corners for brownies because they are the best part.

So I am going to order one of those multi corner brownies pans and surprise Benny.
aggiewilliford
Mark Fairchild said:

Yep I second my parents on this one. I may be at political odds with ya, but other than that you are ACES TANYA!
AggieBand2004
AG
TexasRebel said:

Agreed
aggiewilliford
A brownie octagon!
Mark Fairchild
AG
I wanna know how that works out. Have a great year.
Gig'em, Ole Army Class of '70
aggiewilliford
merc said:

If it wasn't TCU again no way people would be taking it this hard. Their success of late in general and against us is frustrating to watch. It is like the new version of Rice back in the day.

Exactly!
dixichkn
AG
merc said:

But I'm not even taking it hard. This isn't that kicked-in-the-nuts feeling that I had after the two SR's, especially last year........in fact I'm pretty much at ease tonight. We had a team that had basically ZERO expectations going into the year, and landed in Omaha. We knew what was gonna happen once we got there (except I guess the most incurable of pumpers on this board) and were just looking for some competitive fire. I don't think we just simply laid down in either game. That's what I wanted to see. Take this experience, and build on it. The fact that is was purple Baylol, and in particular their insufferable dbag fan base, sucks a little but hardly the kinda thing that's gonna keep me up at night
Sean98
AG
I've been in the stands with derm, BoerneGator and a number of players parents the last few days... Anyone that thinks that Aggie baseball pride isn't alive and well, or that somehow the players don't care because they didn't play perfectly, is just an internet AHole looking to beech. These kids, and their entire families, live and die with every pitch. We had a magical, unexpected (by many of us) run this year and I loved every minute of it.

... I don't know how many people thought our session would end in Omaha after we were blown out by Vandy to start 0-5 but I certainly wasn't one of them. But thankfully those players turned it around overnight, won the next day and started a helluva run that lasted until Game 7 of the College World Series.

Kudos to those players and coaches, every last one of them, for ignoring TexAgs, ignoring the polls, and playing their hearts out for the rest of the season.

Great job gentlemen. And great season. You should be proud, and you should know that we are proud.
merc
AG
dixichkn said:

merc said:

But I'm not even taking it hard. This isn't that kicked-in-the-nuts feeling that I had after the two SR's, especially last year........in fact I'm pretty much at ease tonight. We had a team that had basically ZERO expectations going into the year, and landed in Omaha. We knew what was gonna happen once we got there (except I guess the most incurable of pumpers on this board) and were just looking for some competitive fire. I don't think we just simply laid down in either game. That's what I wanted to see. Take this experience, and build on it. The fact that is was purple Baylol, and in particular their insufferable dbag fan base, sucks a little but hardly the kinda thing that's gonna keep me up at night
I meant more of the people going crazy right now on the threads. Some of them are always like that I'm sure no matter who we lose too but I'm guessing there are quite a few in the fan base who are taking this extra hard. It bugs me quite a bit but at the same time doesn't take anything away from this individual team/season. I'm thinking in the total of the past few seasons and the pain in the ass a big12 team has become for us.
twk
AG
dixichkn said:

merc said:

I didn't know that Martin and Kolek were both going to give us poor starts. There was nothing inevitable about that. We all knew our hitting was limited, but if one of those two had given us a quality start, we could have stuck around longer. This was a flawed team that achieved a lot just getting to Omaha, but they missed the chance to really capitalize on the opportunity that they were given.

Taking the long view, if we can make it to Omaha next year, then this trip will be huge, because making back to back trips is a big deal--that's how you take your program to the next level. If we don't make it to Omaha next year, then we'll see this as a blip that resulted from some past due breaks in the bracket.
bdgol07
AG
Spoke with Corbin Martin's dad and family after the game, absolutely stand up guy. Had met him last year and somehow they remembered a smiley, overweight Ag with two different colors in his goatee.

Just another good family raising a good Ag, wish him the best of lush with the Astros and hope to see him at Minute Maid one day
fireinthehole
Wildman15 said:

It's obvious the majority of people here don't agree with you. Overall, we had a great season even while facing tremendous obstacles. I'm proud of this team. I'm proud of their accomplishments. We EARNED our place in the CWS. And I'm ready to earn it again next season.

And that's ok. Disagreement is not bad, but vitriol not required. I think we were more than fortunate to make Omaha this year and fully expected 0-2, but I am pulling for us to build on this experience. We had major holes this year, and if we can fill them it could get really good.
TXAggie2011
AG
Disagreement from both sides has all too often moved into the area of disrespect, insults, and I think grown into something where folks come here looking for a fight. Its just been toxic all around; no one has really made many folks change their mind while at the same time making many a thread difficult to read.
fireinthehole
Seems to be the case in general TXAggie, not just our message boards. I have been guilty.
aggiebrad94
AG
aggiebrad94 said:

Frustrating to see pitchers attack, attack, attack the strike zone and we seem to only nibble, nibble, and more nibble.
First thing that Childress said in the presser was....Kolek was nibbling on the corners.
dixichkn
AG
Quote:

I didn't know that Martin and Kolek were both going to give us poor starts. There was nothing inevitable about that
Admittedly I had a lot higher hopes for yesterday. Kolek has been our best starter for a month and a half now and we didn't get from him yesterday what we had been recently. I felt pretty comfortable that he could match Ichabod, K for K. I whiffed on that one. Pun fully intended.
fireinthehole
dixichkn said:

Quote:

I didn't know that Martin and Kolek were both going to give us poor starts. There was nothing inevitable about that
Admittedly I had a lot higher hopes for yesterday. Kolek has been our best starter for a month and a half now and we didn't get from him yesterday what we had been recently. I felt pretty comfortable that he could match Ichabod, K for K. I whiffed on that one. Pun fully intended.

Kolek had no in game work for too long going in to the CWS.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.