^^^^^Aggies vs. TCU-College World Series Tuesday^^^^^

200,133 Views | 1598 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by fireinthehole
OasisMan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
great play getting him at 3rd

they are hitting chafin hard tho
Justanotherposter
Wade

0-1 called
1-1
1-2 called
2-2 Low

Strikeout swinging

AGS 0 2 1
TCU 4 5 0

Bottom 4th
3 outs

Jarrin' Jay
AG
Yes, and in 2016 we were ranked #1 for much of the season, a national seed, and didn't even make it to Omaha at the expense of purple baylor (again)...............

Stop making excuses.
trouble
AG
I wish.
histag10
AG
Flexbone said:

aginlakeway said:

AustinAg2012 said:

Look totally unprepared to be in Omaha.
We're overmatched. IMO.

That's my point. We always are against the top teams Bc our recruiting isn't as strong as it should be.

Dont we consistently have a highly ranked recruiting class? And typically send quite a few on to the majors
swimmerbabe11
E-creamery is an ice cream store in Omaha that specializes in shipping ice cream. Every year they do custom ice cream flavors for the 8 teams in Omaha. The flavors are only available while the team is still playing. My dad and I have a bet, whoever loses has to send the other ice cream. Since one of us will be knocked out, it clearly has to be the favor of the winning team.

If this game goes to 14, my father and I have a roadtrip on our hands.

My dad is class of '74.

burtonsnow
AG
Would y'all rather our team be ultra aggressive on the bases similar to how TCU run them or maintain our conservative style on the bags? Obviously it's too late of a point this season to make a change, but I was wondering what everyone thinks? I wish we took more risks on the bags.
BohunkAg
AG
aginlakeway said:

AllThings12thMan said:

Huell Babineaux said:

It's not too much to ask to come out and compete. Don't care if we really belong here or not. Have the team ready to play and ready to compete.
The notion that they haven't been "ready" to play and "comptete" is utter BS. We're just not as talented as the teams we've faced. We faced the #4 overall pick, fell behind 5-0, and scratched to make it a 5-4 game. Saying a coach doesn't have his team "ready" or they "aren't competing" are just buzzwords used by frustrated fans who have no idea what goes on in a baseball locker room.
Another solid post. And I for one HAVE been in a major college locker room.
TheVarian
AG
BenFiasco14 said:

Amazing Moves said:

safe
Leans into mic

Wrong.

johnnyblaze36
AG
marleyrox said:

Even the badassness that was the '89 team didn't make the CWS... explains the BAS well...
The Ags should petition the NCAA to never let Ben McDonald call another one of our games again. He's a total curse.
Aggies2009
AG
BohunkAg said:

Aggies2009 said:

BohunkAg said:

Aggies2009 said:

Flexbone said:

aginlakeway said:

AustinAg2012 said:

We're overmatched. IMO.

That's my point. We always are against the top teams Bc our recruiting isn't as strong as it should be.
We just put like 12 guys into the MLB... Get out of here with that bull.
And didn't have a CWS appearance to show for it. But hey, we made a Super Regional!!!!!
That wasn't the question. The question was on recruiting.

Don't move goalposts, Mr. "Give the team participation trophies for making it to Omaha"
My question wasn't on recruiting. I didn't have a question. You seem angry. Can I offer you a Fresca?
Well, see... It's pretty apparent that I wasn't talking to you and was talking to someone else. He made a claim, I responded to that claim proving it wrong.

You brought up something completely irrelevant, hence me calling it out. But I'm glad that you've been reduced to the whole "you're angry" claim because nothing else has worked.
DD88
AG
Go Ags. Let's hit this bean pole!
Aggies2009
AG
histag10 said:

Flexbone said:

aginlakeway said:

AustinAg2012 said:

We're overmatched. IMO.

Dont we consistently have a highly ranked recruiting class? And typically send quite a few on to the majors
Uh oh. Careful. Some people might bring up something completely irrelevant about the talent we have not going to Omaha last year!
CampingAg
AG
aginlakeway said:

AllThings12thMan said:

Huell Babineaux said:

It's not too much to ask to come out and compete. Don't care if we really belong here or not. Have the team ready to play and ready to compete.
The notion that they haven't been "ready" to play and "comptete" is utter BS. We're just not as talented as the teams we've faced. We faced the #4 overall pick, fell behind 5-0, and scratched to make it a 5-4 game. Saying a coach doesn't have his team "ready" or they "aren't competing" are just buzzwords used by frustrated fans who have no idea what goes on in a baseball locker room.
As have I (not a major college though). I also coach HS baseball. Not trying to be a know-it-all, but the notion that a team gets this far, and then isn't ready to play or "doesn't want to compete" is simply false.
BohunkAg
AG
Aggies2009 said:

BohunkAg said:

Aggies2009 said:

BohunkAg said:

Aggies2009 said:

Flexbone said:

aginlakeway said:

AustinAg2012 said:

We're overmatched. IMO.

And didn't have a CWS appearance to show for it. But hey, we made a Super Regional!!!!!

Don't move goalposts, Mr. "Give the team participation trophies for making it to Omaha"
My question wasn't on recruiting. I didn't have a question. You seem angry. Can I offer you a Fresca?
Well, see... It's pretty apparent that I wasn't talking to you and was talking to someone else. He made a claim, I responded to that claim proving it wrong.

You brought up something completely irrelevant, hence me calling it out. But I'm glad that you've been reduced to the whole "you're angry" claim because nothing else has worked.
Geezus Christ, calm down. It's just baseball. Also, people can have differing opinions. I'm not trying to change your mind about anything.
tjack16
AG
BohunkAg said:

tjholley17 said:

If the score was reversed and we were up 4-0... half of texags would be saying we will blow the lead anyways.

Anything can happen in baseball... all it takes is one big inning and we are back in it
1989 was a b-tch.

I wasn't even alive then and I just graduated from A&M a month ago ... but I've read and seen videos from that season.
Shooz in Katy
AG
swimmerbabe11 said:

E-creamery is an ice cream store in Omaha that specializes in shipping ice cream. Every year they do custom ice cream flavors for the 8 teams in Omaha. The flavors are only available while the team is still playing. My dad and I have a bet, whoever loses has to send the other ice cream. Since one of us will be knocked out, it clearly has to be the favor of the winning team.

If this game goes to 14, my father and I have a roadtrip on our hands.

My dad is class of '74.

Well that is really cool. Thanks for explaining. I'm really hoping you road trip at this point!
jt2hunt
AG
Rally Squirrell!!!!
bdgol07
AG
RALLY SQUIRREL!
Aggies2009
AG
aginlakeway said:

AllThings12thMan said:

Huell Babineaux said:

Agreed.

I'm surprised we haven't seen the "we play tight" buzzphrase yet.
dixichkn
AG
I'm good. Can't ruin my day. Found out this morning my ***hole area manager is getting transferred out.

Plus I accepted after last year's SR that we're just Schloss's bish. Straight up. So no point getting that fired up about it. Just hope we can chip away, make this competitive and get the kids some good experience out of it. That's all we should have reasonably expected.. I'm pretty good with the way the year turned out, given all the question marks we had coming in. Gig'em boys, and make it back next year.
Aggies2009
AG
BohunkAg said:

Aggies2009 said:

BohunkAg said:

Aggies2009 said:

BohunkAg said:

Aggies2009 said:

Flexbone said:

aginlakeway said:

AustinAg2012 said:

We're overmatched. IMO.

Geezus Christ, calm down. It's just baseball.
I proudly, yet humbly accept your admission of defeat.
aginlakeway
AG
Is that Carl from Caddyshack out chasing a squirrel?
BenFiasco14
AG
Quote:

RALLY
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
Charlie Moran
AG
Squirrel delay
insanediego
AG
OK, maybe picking our nose wasn't good luck. Let's try picking something else.
OneMoonGoon92
AG
Choot it!
txjortsagent
AG
****ING RALLY SQUIRREL
jt2hunt
AG
walker chasing ****
Richard Trickle
AG
Multi-view feed on watch ESPN has no commentators. It's quite nice.
TheVarian
AG
Graduated from A&M > TCU

Justanotherposter
Pennington

0-1 called
1-1 Low
1-2 Swinging

Strikeout swinging

AGS 0 2 1
TCU 4 5 0

Top 5th
1 outs

GigEmATL
AG
This is the CWS. You've got to take some squirrel teeth to the knuckles sometimes
aeroag14
AG
txjortsagent said:

****ING RALLY SQUIRREL
BohunkAg
AG
McDonald may try to have relations with that squirrel.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.