^^^^^Aggies vs. TCU-College World Series Tuesday^^^^^

200,105 Views | 1598 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by fireinthehole
aginlakeway
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Goose06 said:

aginlakeway said:

AustinAg2012 said:

Look totally unprepared to be in Omaha.
We're overmatched. IMO.
This is pretty obvious. We got lucky to get in the tournament, then got lucky with Iowa and Davidson knocking off some one seeds for us making our road very manageable. This team is good enough to win some games against good teams (almost all top 50 RPI teams are), but we aren't good enough to go make a run and win the CWS without a whole lot of luck. I think our RPI is probably pretty damn accurate for about how good of a team we have (meaning we are closer to the 40th best team in the country than the 8th).
BINGO
OKCAGS
Guys need to chill out . We are only down 4 ..... that is not insurmountable. It might actually let our kids relax a little . We are still playing with house money . Even if we don't come back , you have to tip your hat to these kids AND this staff .

We are looking at a run like TCU has had over the last 3 years .... over our next few seasons . We are playing a bunch of young kids that are gaining invaluable experience being in Omaha this year . Shew and Coleman along with Foster , Dox and the other young guys are going to be back here again and it will show. TCU was in the top 10 RPI wise all season and a favorite to win it all this season . Next season and especially 2019 will be fun to watch as we will be favorites to be back to Omaha .
BohunkAg
AG
Aggies2009 said:

BohunkAg said:

Aggies2009 said:

Flexbone said:

aginlakeway said:

AustinAg2012 said:

We're overmatched. IMO.

That's my point. We always are against the top teams Bc our recruiting isn't as strong as it should be.
We just put like 12 guys into the MLB... Get out of here with that bull.
And didn't have a CWS appearance to show for it. But hey, we made a Super Regional!!!!!
That wasn't the question. The question was on recruiting.

Don't move goalposts, Mr. "Give the team participation trophies for making it to Omaha"
My question wasn't on recruiting. I didn't have a question. You seem angry. Can I offer you a Fresca?
Average Joe
AG
aginlakeway said:

Average Joe said:

aginlakeway said:

Flexbone said:

This is just A&M under Childress. Good, but won't ever be great.
So being one of the 8 teams in the CWS is good but not great? Really?
It's great we made it. And I believe in the "Just make it to regionals and anything can happen." But let's not pretend that we were in one of the hardest regionals and didn't host a team in their first Super Regional ever. The "anything can happen" has happened. Now we are playing with the big boys and it is obvious we don't belong.
Agreed. Other than winning at LSU, we haven't for most of the year shown we could. This is no surprise.

Still, would rather get there and lose 2 than not get there!
If those were the only two choices, I agree. But there is a third choice where we get a coach in here that will get us there more often and actually compete.
aeroag14
AG
W said:

Huell Babineaux said:

It's not too much to ask to come out and compete. Don't care if we really belong here or not. Have the team ready to play and ready to compete.
that's a fair assessment.

trailed Louisville 5-0 after the 2nd inning.

trailed TCU 4-0 after the 3rd inning today

You conveniently left off the fact that we pulled the Louisville game to 5-4. Is that considered "competing"?
Aggie_Eric98
AG
at least I have a chance to win an Amazon Echo and Dot for predicting the obvious 0-2 in Omaha.
annie88
AG
Shut up again Ben. Quit talking about your damn self
Basketball and Chain
AG
Great relay
BenFiasco14
AG
Nice !
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
Justanotherposter
-Watson at first
-Watson at first
Merrill

1-0, Watson steals second

L9, out at third!

AGS 0 2 1
TCU 4 5 0

Bottom 4th
2 outs

tjack16
AG
If the score was reversed and we were up 4-0... half of texags would be saying we will blow the lead anyways.

Anything can happen in baseball... all it takes is one big inning and we are back in it
GigEmATL
AG
Poor tag execution
jt2hunt
AG
Way to go Hillbilly!!
aggiewilliford
Sit your ass down!
trouble
AG
I'm not sure if lunch with my parents or reading this thread is more exhausting.
BohunkAg
AG
tjholley17 said:

If the score was reversed and we were up 4-0... half of texags would be saying we will blow the lead anyways.

Anything can happen in baseball... all it takes is one big inning and we are back in it
1989 was a b-tch.
Aggies2009
AG
jblaschke said:

Aggies2009 said:

Bunk Moreland said:

W said:

Bunk Moreland said:

Completely overmatched so far. And TCU looks dialed in and focused.
yep.

but the Ags were 8-14 vs. top 25 opponents coming into this game.

sometimes the numbers don't lie

Agree. Hard to get upset. Disappointed we aren't playing better, sure....but this team had no business making Omaha and it took rolling a Hard 8 to get there.

3 seed in a regional for a reason.
Yeah. And we're playing some really good teams. Louisville beat Kentucky bad, and we know they were a strong team. Plus, TCU is always good. We overachieved just to get this far.
Is it really overachieving?

1. We didn't face a 1 seed until they were down to pitching a dude that had thrown a TOTAL of 18 innings all year
2. We faced a Baylor team that sucked ass. Hell, UH beat them like 17-3 or something stupid like that
3. 3 of our 5 wins were against FOUR seeds. Yes, that's right. 1 win against 4 seed Iowa and 2 wins against 4 seed Davidson.

Seems the best win we had the entire tournament was against a total **** Baylor team. That's not overachieving. Now, I understand the need some have to prop up RC saying "look, we made it to Omaha".

That's like bragging on Fran making the Cotton Bowl after the 2004 season. I mean, HE MADE THE COTTON BOWL!!!

1. That's because we won our games and they didn't. Not our problem.
2. That Baylor team was good enough to be a 2 seed in a regional... And we beat them. HArdly "sucking ass".... We also lost to Vanderbilt 17-3. So?
3. You mean four seeds who beat the 1 seeds in their regional? Davidson who beat UNC, the #2 overall seed TWICE?

We can only play the teams put in front of us, and that's what we did. Not RC's fault that UNC couldn't beat a team that we swept in the Super. Fran made the Cotton Bowl in 2004 going something like 7-5. Not remotely the same thing.
Amazing Moves
safe
CampingAg
AG
Huell Babineaux said:

It's not too much to ask to come out and compete. Don't care if we really belong here or not. Have the team ready to play and ready to compete.
The notion that they haven't been "ready" to play and "comptete" is utter BS. We're just not as talented as the teams we've faced. We faced the #4 overall pick, fell behind 5-0, and scratched to make it a 5-4 game. Saying a coach doesn't have his team "ready" or they "aren't competing" are just buzzwords used by frustrated fans who have no idea what goes on in a baseball locker room.
Shooz in Katy
AG
BM just admitted cheating in the MLB! Lol
aginlakeway
AG
Average Joe said:

aginlakeway said:

Average Joe said:

aginlakeway said:

Flexbone said:

This is just A&M under Childress. Good, but won't ever be great.
So being one of the 8 teams in the CWS is good but not great? Really?
It's great we made it. And I believe in the "Just make it to regionals and anything can happen." But let's not pretend that we were in one of the hardest regionals and didn't host a team in their first Super Regional ever. The "anything can happen" has happened. Now we are playing with the big boys and it is obvious we don't belong.
Agreed. Other than winning at LSU, we haven't for most of the year shown we could. This is no surprise.

Still, would rather get there and lose 2 than not get there!
If those were the only two choices, I agree. But there is a third choice where we get a coach in here that will get us there more often and actually compete.
OK. So you would fire RC after this season? Is that your suggestion?
W
AG
have to give Chris Burke credit.

Janca needs to get his glove on the ground
South Platte
This is college baseball. Kids get rattled, kids rise to the occasion. I wouldn't count the Ags out just yet. This could turn very quickly.
Come Out Roll
AG
aginlakeway said:

Goose06 said:

aginlakeway said:

AustinAg2012 said:

We're overmatched. IMO.
This is pretty obvious. We got lucky to get in the tournament, then got lucky with Iowa and Davidson knocking off some one seeds for us making our road very manageable. This team is good enough to win some games against good teams (almost all top 50 RPI teams are), but we aren't good enough to go make a run and win the CWS without a whole lot of luck. I think our RPI is probably pretty damn accurate for about how good of a team we have (meaning we are closer to the 40th best team in the country than the 8th).
BINGO
agree with this assessment
aeroag14
AG
This game would be a lot worse without their overly aggressive base running.
TXAggie2011
AG
aginlakeway said:

Huell Babineaux said:

I have ZERO doubt our players are trying to be competitive.

Have a great rest of your day!
Trying isn't the same as doing.
technoviking
AG
Will chris complain about this tag?
Tanya 93
We got this!

NorCal
Blake with a great throw!!!
Aggies2009
AG
Muy said:

Aggies2009 said:

Flexbone said:

aginlakeway said:

AustinAg2012 said:

We're overmatched. IMO.

That's my point. We always are against the top teams Bc our recruiting isn't as strong as it should be.
We just put like 12 guys into the MLB... Get out of here with that bull.

Didn't TCU knock those 12 guys out of the Supers the past 2 years as well?
That wasn't the question. The question was on recruiting. Try again, 8 Ball
BenFiasco14
AG
Amazing Moves said:

safe
Leans into mic

Wrong.
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
80s Guy
trouble said:

I'm not sure if lunch with my parents or reading this thread is more exhausting.

The second by a mile. At least with your parents, you can hand them the rugrat and walk away.
Science Denier
AG
RGLAG85 said:

And we waste a strike by faking but on the first pitch. He's thrown first pitch strikes to every batter. Why not go up hunting that first pitch.
Seemed like last year in the supers, the last game we took almost every first pitch they threw and were constantly down in the count.

Maybe, that's RC's strategy against TCU....maybe trying to get them to throw more pitches?

I don't know. That's about all I got.
PhatMack19
AG
Can we get some rally fatties or something?

aginlakeway
AG
AllThings12thMan said:

Huell Babineaux said:

The notion that they haven't been "ready" to play and "comptete" is utter BS. We're just not as talented as the teams we've faced. We faced the #4 overall pick, fell behind 5-0, and scratched to make it a 5-4 game. Saying a coach doesn't have his team "ready" or they "aren't competing" are just buzzwords used by frustrated fans who have no idea what goes on in a baseball locker room.
Another solid post. And I for one HAVE been in a major college locker room.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.