*** official interesting things in the CWS thread ***

48,108 Views | 569 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Come Out Roll
TexasRebel
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
L3 makes the Final 5-4 CCU

All optional games will be necessary... For the first time ever?!

It's also starting to look like being the #2 seed at Olsen ends up pretty good the next year.
TexasRebel
AG
Rain...
Frisco
AG
gonna be a late game!
TexAgs1992
quote:
gonna be a late game!

It wouldn't be the worst idea to delay until tomorrow night.
bovinevirus12
Here at the game, tarp still down. BTW, that was me, my brother, and my dad behind home plate last night. Great seats, only paid $120 each for them. Second year in a row we have planned a trip to Omaha thinking the Ags would make it, damn you TCU. Damn you.....but still enjoying it. This year the attendance is way down, tickets are really cheap. We are sitting in row 6 behind home plate this time, only paid $100. Last year you couldnt get reserved seats in any section for that. We bought tickets to every game and couldn't sell half of them for $20 each for some games. Thats what happens when no SEC teams make it and Florida goes 2 and out. I gotta say, Coastal fans are great people, definitely a pro-Coastal crowd.
Frisco
AG
That's crazy. I would have figured it would have been a little more expensive. Good to see some maroon in the background!
STL_aTm
AG
Any word on a start time?
STL_aTm
AG
Officially postponed. For the love of God they better not make it a day game!
AggieGreg06
AG
quote:
Officially postponed. For the love of God they better not make it a day game!

God is clearly a Coastal Carolina fan. Heck of a break for them to get to rest Bickworth for another day coming off of his 137 pitch outing last Friday.
Ag12thman
AG
Time still hasn't been decided on? Better be in the evening where we can actually watch it.
STL_aTm
AG
Time set. 7pm cst.
cagwell10
AG
quote:
Time set. 7pm cst.

Set to restart at 12:08pm tomorrow afternoon.

bovinevirus12
yeah that sucks. the weather is so nice in the evenings, in the 60's today and tomorrow. gonna roast in the 84 degree heat (scarcasm but definitely not cool, excuse the pun). everyone at the game was pissed, its gonna be a lousy crowd tomorrow.
Ag12thman
AG
I won't get to see any of it.
TexasRebel
AG
I saw 13:00E

Unproductive is the word tomorrow.
Ag12thman
AG
Any idea if it will be streamed online? IF so, yeah - unproductive I will be.
BringJackieBack89
AG
Game time sucks! Just another bit of proof that the College Baseball takes a back seat to just about everything.

Very disappointing. I was able to make all games through Saturday (would have stayed if the Ags had made it) but now cannot watch the final, deciding game.
ja86
AG
quote:
Any idea if it will be streamed online? IF so, yeah - unproductive I will be.
should be streaming on watch espn...
TexasRebel
AG
0-0 in the top of 3

CCU changes conferences at midnight. If today's game had been delayed again, I wonder which conference would be represented...
bovinevirus12
Levy Restaurants strikes again, 45min or longer wait to get anything from concession stands, half of them are closed and the ones that are open are greatly understaffed.
Ag12thman
AG
How did he swing at that? That was ball 4. Wow.
Ag12thman
AG
Wow - AZ with two really bad errors by the same player. Missed fielding the ball cleanly and then threw it away trying to go to 3rd base. May officially count as 1 error - not sure how that gets ruled officially.
Frisco
AG
WOW!!! what timing on that hit
Ag12thman
AG
now a 2-run blast by CCU. 4-0. Wow. Pitch was a grapefruit that hung way up in the batter's zone. Many of us could have hit that one out.
TexasRebel
AG
Ouch.

Two Big E6s on that.
Frisco
AG
now as long as they dont "Ranger" it. Last night sucked, can't believe the bullpen failed so spectacularly.
Ag12thman
AG
Crazy bad inning for AZ.
TexasRebel
AG
Well yeah. It's the Rangers. They only play well against the Astros. They are like the Sam Houston of the MLB.
EMY92
AG
4 unearned runs!
Ag12thman
AG
Are all 4 runs unearned because if the second baseman had made the play the half-inning would have ended? Normally the 2-run HR would be considered earned, right?
Ag12thman
AG
Pretty good half-inning for AZ now. 2 runs just scored. 4-2 CCU. 2 outs, 6th inning.
CCU's Randy Johnson coming in.
TexasRebel
AG
Yes.

To determine earned/unearned runs you recreate the inning without the offensive benefit of errors and passed balls. Once three outs would have occurred no other runs will be earned.
Ag12thman
AG
Thanks. I'm dumb at baseball statistics. Haven't ever taken the time to learn the rules in that regard.
TexasRebel
AG
Also unearned.
Ag12thman
AG
Thanks. Catching on!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.