Steph Curry & Draymond on Acie Law

6,476 Views | 54 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by nu awlins ag
Woods Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

it's 10months old so it may have been discussed. But i thought i'd post bc Acie was the man for us back in the day.
aggietony2010
AG
Woods Ag said:

it's 10months old so it may have been discussed. But i thought i'd post bc Acie was the man for us back in the day.

When in the video do they discuss Acie?
Woods Ag
AG
2nd segment..

Just on Acie being the guy Steph had to edge out to get his playing time.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Not sure if this is what I saw but I have a vague recollection of them basically clowning on Acie and it pissed me off. Is that what this is?
t - cam
AG
Know Your Enemy said:

Not sure if this is what I saw but I have a vague recollection of them basically clowning on Acie and it pissed me off. Is that what this is?

It's not as brutal as the other one but yeah, draymond is definitely clowning on him and is upset that Steph takes the high road.
Method Man
Eff those two effers
Angry Beaver
AG
nm
Woods Ag
AG
Did they clown on him before?

I just thought it was cool Acie was the guy one of the best players in the game had to overtake before he became what he is today.
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
Steph Curry is a product of NBA officials
Know Your Enemy
AG
Keeper of The Spirits said:

Steph Curry is a product of NBA officials

DAFUQ?
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
Warriors are the softest dynasty in history. They would have never won anything if the NBA actually allowed physical play of the late 80s-2010

But we can take that to the NBA board,

**** Steph and dbag for unnecessarily running their mouths as Acie
Know Your Enemy
AG
Steph could play in any era with the way he can shoot.
Harry Dunne
Not a Steph guy at all but its extra dumb to say he's only successful because of the environment. He'd find a way in other eras. He'd adjust, just like all great players do.
Harry Dunne
I once heard Peyton clown Branndon Stewart in the same way. Acie Law averaged 3.9 ppg and its funny that Steph had to "beat him out". It is what it is.
nu awlins ag
AG
Know Your Enemy said:

Steph could play in any era with the way he can shoot.

Huh? Dude…..
BudFox7
Harry Dunne said:

Not a Steph guy at all but its extra dumb to say he's only successful because of the environment. He'd find a way in other eras. He'd adjust, just like all great players do.

Nope. Players like this didn't exist until application of the rules allowed them to. Name a top 50 player as frail as him before the modern rules era.
t - cam
AG
BudFox7 said:

Harry Dunne said:

Nope. Players like this didn't exist until application of the rules allowed them to. Name a top 50 player as frail as him before the modern rules era.

Reggie Miller
t - cam
AG
The eras change. You could also argue that Patrick Ewing struggles to get on the court in todays game.
nu awlins ag
AG
t - cam said:

The eras change. You could also argue that Patrick Ewing struggles to get on the court in todays game.

Uh….no. What are you guys smoking? Good grief. So Shaq would struggle as well? Right? Good lawd….
t - cam
AG
nu awlins ag said:

t - cam said:

Uh….no. What are you guys smoking? Good grief. So Shaq would struggle as well? Right? Good lawd….

Who would he guard?
Harry Dunne
BudFox7 said:

Harry Dunne said:

Pete Maravich, Bob Cousy
nu awlins ag
AG
t - cam said:

nu awlins ag said:

t - cam said:

Who would he guard?

Anyone he wanted to. I guess Jordan would suck as well! Hakeem wouldn't see the floor either according to you.
nu awlins ag
AG
Harry Dunne said:

BudFox7 said:

Harry Dunne said:

Pete Maravich, Bob Cousy

Pete wasn't a rail man….either was Cousy.

Pete was 6'5" and around 200 and Cousy was 6'1" 180 or so. Not rails….
t - cam
AG
nu awlins ag said:

t - cam said:

nu awlins ag said:

t - cam said:

Who would he guard?

Anyone he wanted to. I guess Jordan would suck as well! Hakeem wouldn't see the floor either according to you.

Hakeem would be an absolute beast in todays game.
nu awlins ag
AG
t - cam said:

nu awlins ag said:

t - cam said:

nu awlins ag said:

t - cam said:

Who would he guard?

And Patrick wouldn't? Again, what are smoking?
t - cam
AG
nu awlins ag said:

t - cam said:

nu awlins ag said:

t - cam said:

nu awlins ag said:

t - cam said:

Who would he guard?

Patrick would not have had the ability to play the game as it's played today. Not saying he's not in the league it's just that style of athlete finds it hard in todays spread out game.
Hakeem would have been just like the Greek freak with a much better shot.
Method Man
You could but that would be ignorant. Patrick Ewing had a solid 15-18 footer. Very skilled. No doubt he could play today.
Method Man
If we go team by team like 95% of centers.
nu awlins ag
AG
t - cam said:

nu awlins ag said:

t - cam said:

nu awlins ag said:

t - cam said:

nu awlins ag said:

t - cam said:

Who would he guard?

Patrick would not have had the ability to play the game as it's played today. Not saying he's not in the league it's just that style of athlete finds it hard in todays spread out game.

Did you actually read what you just typed? You don't know jack. He would be just fine in today's game. How are you even rationalizing this? Seriously? Too damn funny. Again, Shaq wouldn't play either according to your analysis which, I'm sorry, is a complete joke.
t - cam
AG
Method Man said:

You could but that would be ignorant. Patrick Ewing had a solid 15-18 footer. Very skilled. No doubt he could play today.

Let me know the all stars making their nut on 15-18 foot shots today. I'm not criticizing these players. They are all great but it's worth acknowledging that the era changes and props certain playing styles for that era. I also agree that Steph isn't an all time great on the 90s but it would be equally dumb to say the best shooter to ever live wouldn't be anything in that era.
t - cam
AG
nu awlins ag said:

t - cam said:

nu awlins ag said:

t - cam said:

nu awlins ag said:

t - cam said:

nu awlins ag said:

t - cam said:

Who would he guard?

Did you actually read what you just typed? You don't know jack. He would be just fine in today's game. How are you even rationalizing this? Seriously? Too damn funny. Again, Shaq wouldn't play either according to your analysis which, I'm sorry, is a complete joke.

You've failed to make a point. Just keep say I'm funny.
Method Man
No. I'm implying if someone can make 18 footers they can make 3s. The same way I'm confident Jordan could hit 3s if he played today.

Now Ewing is a little gangly but you think he can't score on most nba centers? I still think he can. Good face up game.
t - cam
AG
Method Man said:

No. I'm implying if someone can make 18 footers they can make 3s. The same way I'm confident Jordan could hit 3s if he played today.

Now Ewing is a little gangly but you think he can't score on most nba centers? I still think he can. Good face up game.

I think he'd have a solid role but don't think he's a star. Shaq would be interesting just because he'd require a coach willing to completely ignore analytics. Nobody in the league would try to bang with him down low soo again I'm just not sure who he guards. He should be able to feast on offense if a coach is willing to go all in on a post up offense.
hph6203
AG
Warriors would be better in the 90's than the post 2000 era rules. 90's rules hurt guys like Kobe, Lebron, Pierce, Iverson, not Klay/Steph.
Method Man
Young Shaq could move with almost anyone except Hakeem. David Robinson was also a freak. Shaq doesn't appear to be able to shoot outside. Robinson might've.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.