Steph Curry & Draymond on Acie Law

6,421 Views | 54 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by nu awlins ag
t - cam
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Method Man said:

Young Shaq could move with almost anyone except Hakeem. David Robinson was also a freak. Shaq doesn't appear to be able to shoot outside. Robinson might've.

Robinson was a great free throw shooter. Guessing he would have been capable of spreading the floor and would have been a great rim runner in todays era.
PSully97
AG
nu awlins ag said:

Harry Dunne said:

BudFox7 said:

Harry Dunne said:

Not a Steph guy at all but its extra dumb to say he's only successful because of the environment. He'd find a way in other eras. He'd adjust, just like all great players do.

Nope. Players like this didn't exist until application of the rules allowed them to. Name a top 50 player as frail as him before the modern rules era.
Pete Maravich, Bob Cousy

Pete wasn't a rail man….either was Cousy.

Pete was 6'5" and around 200 and Cousy was 6'1" 180 or so. Not rails….
oh really?

Know Your Enemy
AG
t - cam said:

Method Man said:

You could but that would be ignorant. Patrick Ewing had a solid 15-18 footer. Very skilled. No doubt he could play today.

Let me know the all stars making their nut on 15-18 foot shots today. I'm not criticizing these players. They are all great but it's worth acknowledging that the era changes and props certain playing styles for that era. I also agree that Steph isn't an all time great on the 90s but it would be equally dumb to say the best shooter to ever live wouldn't be anything in that era.

DeMar DeRozan
94chem
Ewing = Ayton
DRob = Giannis
Dream = Embid

Not perfect analogies, of course, but that's how I would see those guys adapting to the game today.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
t - cam
AG
94chem said:

Ewing = Ayton
DRob = Giannis
Dream = Embid

Not perfect analogies, of course, but that's how I would see those guys adapting to the game today.

I'm good with those.
Rocinante
What a terrible opinion
wreckncrew
AG
A fun match up would be Isaiah Thomas vs Steph Curry playing in the 80s.
Harry Dunne
wreckncrew said:

A fun match up would be Isaiah Thomas vs Steph Curry playing in the 80s.
Thomas has a tough guy reputation because he was part of the "bad boys" and Curry has the reputation for being soft because he's a nice guy and a Christian. We'll never know, but I think Curry would find a way to win the matchup. He's a better basketball player and that's hardly debatable.

Regardless of where you stand on that, it's a joke that 6'1" 180 lb Isiah Thomas had a HOF career but folks don't think that 6'2" 185 lb Steph Curry would be able to hang.

nu awlins ag
AG
PSully97 said:

nu awlins ag said:

Harry Dunne said:

BudFox7 said:

Harry Dunne said:

Not a Steph guy at all but its extra dumb to say he's only successful because of the environment. He'd find a way in other eras. He'd adjust, just like all great players do.

Nope. Players like this didn't exist until application of the rules allowed them to. Name a top 50 player as frail as him before the modern rules era.
Pete Maravich, Bob Cousy

oh really?

Wow…you want a cookie?
nu awlins ag
AG
t - cam said:

nu awlins ag said:

t - cam said:

nu awlins ag said:

t - cam said:

nu awlins ag said:

t - cam said:

nu awlins ag said:

t - cam said:

The eras change. You could also argue that Patrick Ewing struggles to get on the court in todays game.

Uh….no. What are you guys smoking? Good grief. So Shaq would struggle as well? Right? Good lawd….

Who would he guard?

Anyone he wanted to. I guess Jordan would suck as well! Hakeem wouldn't see the floor either according to you.

Hakeem would be an absolute beast in todays game.

And Patrick wouldn't? Again, what are smoking?

Patrick would not have had the ability to play the game as it's played today. Not saying he's not in the league it's just that style of athlete finds it hard in todays spread out game.
Hakeem would have been just like the Greek freak with a much better shot.

Did you actually read what you just typed? You don't know jack. He would be just fine in today's game. How are you even rationalizing this? Seriously? Too damn funny. Again, Shaq wouldn't play either according to your analysis which, I'm sorry, is a complete joke.

You've failed to make a point. Just keep say I'm funny.

And you did? Patrick would absolutely be a beast today. Go home dude. You've provided nothing but your opinion with nothing tangible to back it up. Patrick wouldn't see the floor today….what a freaking asinine statement to make.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Wait, wrong poster. Lol.
94chem
Alabama shorts had a belt. Looks about as fun as wool baseball uniforms on a Sunday doubleheader in Birmingham in July of 1923.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
DukeMu
Keeper of The Spirits said:

Warriors are the softest dynasty in history. They would have never won anything if the NBA actually allowed physical play of the late 80s-2010

But we can take that to the NBA board,

**** Steph and dbag for unnecessarily running their mouths as Acie
I take it you never watched NBA ball in the 90s.

Rodney Dangerfield voice: "I tell ya. I went to a boxing match the other night, and a basketball game broke out!"

Tackling was allowed - no blood, no foul.

Now, it's basically Euro League ball.
PSully97
AG
nu awlins ag said:

PSully97 said:

nu awlins ag said:

Harry Dunne said:

BudFox7 said:

Harry Dunne said:

Pete Maravich, Bob Cousy

oh really?

Wow…you want a cookie?
No thanks, but your buddy Pistol Pete looks like could have used a little more lagniappe.
Woods Ag
AG
Wow... this blew up in the wrong direction.

1st - Acie Law - He didn't have it in the pros. He was a stud in college, and man I was cheering him on in the pros but it never seemed like any team he was on trusted him fully. He never got the keys to run the offense.

2nd - they said Acie was the guy getting the call at hte end of the games to close it out over Steph early on. That's ****ing cool to be the guy that Steph Curry was looking at early in his career like "if I want to get to where I want to get to this year I must take this dude's spot" Curry is the best shooter, great athlete, great vision and unbelievable conditioning. I loved him at Davidson those 2 years they made runs, and I've loved him in the pros.

3rd - Patrick has a reputation of being a little overrated even in his generation of the NBA. Stud in college. He would adjust and be decent in the NBA today, but he's not a world-beater.
Hakeem would own the NBA today. He would be Giannis but with a better shot. More finesse, less power in his game, but he would absolutely dominate.
David Robinson would be a modern great center that anyone would want, but not Hakeem.

4th - Steph would be phenomenal in any generation. He'd have less 3s, but more ridiculous drives and higher assists. Both things he's very good at.
t - cam
AG
nu awlins ag said:

t - cam said:

nu awlins ag said:

t - cam said:

nu awlins ag said:

t - cam said:

nu awlins ag said:

t - cam said:

nu awlins ag said:

t - cam said:

The eras change. You could also argue that Patrick Ewing struggles to get on the court in todays game.

Uh….no. What are you guys smoking? Good grief. So Shaq would struggle as well? Right? Good lawd….

Who would he guard?

Anyone he wanted to. I guess Jordan would suck as well! Hakeem wouldn't see the floor either according to you.

Patrick would not have had the ability to play the game as it's played today. Not saying he's not in the league it's just that style of athlete finds it hard in todays spread out game.

Did you actually read what you just typed? You don't know jack. He would be just fine in today's game. How are you even rationalizing this? Seriously? Too damn funny. Again, Shaq wouldn't play either according to your analysis which, I'm sorry, is a complete joke.

And you did? Patrick would absolutely be a beast today. Go home dude. You've provided nothing but your opinion with nothing tangible to back it up. Patrick wouldn't see the floor today….what a freaking asinine statement to make.

You're pretty emotional about this. Read through my posts. Ive explained how I got to my stance. You have just said I'm crazy. Also I didn't say he wouldn't see the floor.
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
Acie played for years in Europe and did very well!
nu awlins ag
AG
t - cam said:

nu awlins ag said:

t - cam said:

nu awlins ag said:

t - cam said:

nu awlins ag said:

t - cam said:

nu awlins ag said:

t - cam said:

nu awlins ag said:

t - cam said:

Who would he guard?

You're pretty emotional about this. Read through my posts. Ive explained how I got to my stance. You have just said I'm crazy. Also I didn't say he wouldn't see the floor.

You said he would struggle to see the court. Not emotional at all just pointing out your total ignorance. You seem the one that can't handle it chief. Make an asinine statement and get called for it and you cry. Maybe you forgot? Pat would be just fine playing in today's game. Maybe you're the one with horrible hindsight….just saying.
t - cam
AG
nu awlins ag said:

t - cam said:

nu awlins ag said:

t - cam said:

nu awlins ag said:

t - cam said:

nu awlins ag said:

t - cam said:

nu awlins ag said:

t - cam said:

nu awlins ag said:

t - cam said:

Who would he guard?

You said he would struggle to see the court. Not emotional at all just pointing out your total ignorance. You seem the one that can't handle it chief. Make an asinine statement and get called for it and you cry. Maybe you forgot? Pat would be just fine playing in today's game. Maybe you're the one with horrible hindsight….just saying.

Again, emotional
nu awlins ag
AG
t - cam said:

nu awlins ag said:

t - cam said:

nu awlins ag said:

t - cam said:

nu awlins ag said:

t - cam said:

nu awlins ag said:

t - cam said:

nu awlins ag said:

t - cam said:

nu awlins ag said:

t - cam said:

Who would he guard?

Again, emotional

Emotional? Support your position rather than "conjecture" which you can't do. Since I don't agree with your "claim" I'm emotional in my response? What are you 12?
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.