Miller transferring

23,602 Views | 197 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by bobinator
Mikeyshooter
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
That's an insane decision.
bobinator
AG
Weird
Topher17
AG
This makes absolutely no sense.

Seems to me like he got some bad advice or something. Not at all a place I would have expected him to end up.
MarcAg
AG
Tcu has lost several assistants (and lots of players). Wonder if Jamie pulled out on Minnesota job because he's headed to TCU.
LawHall88
AG
Dixon working the portal.
Mikeyshooter
AG
MarcAg said:

Tcu has lost several assistants (and lots of players). Wonder if Jamie pulled out on Minnesota job because he's headed to TCU.

This is the only thing that makes sense.

Pvilleaggie
You know what they say...
If you lose by 18 to em, join em
Know Your Enemy
AG
I'm so confused right now.
MarcAg
AG
Know Your Enemy said:

I'm so confused right now.

Close your eyes. Now imagine the kid was at Duke and transferred to A&M.

(Insert McConaughey image from Time to kill it wouldn't let me post)
Ag_EE_88
AG
He wanted to be closer to home.
bballcoach
WTH!!!
Method Man
Miller is an idiot.
Artimus Gordon
Did Baylor not have a scholarship for him? Word to the wise! Step into the portal, don't look back!
Pumpkinhead
AG
TCU is 34-54 in Big 12 conference play in the 5 seasons under Dixon.
MarcAg
AG
Pumpkinhead said:

TCU is 34-54 in Big 12 conference play in the 5 seasons under Dixon.

But he took TCU to tournament for first time in 20 years. Also won the NIT. So their fans are pretty happy as they have low expectations.

I think he's going through a similar thing as Buzz and they hit reset. Lot of players and coaches leaving this off-season. Completely overhauled the roster.
LawHall88
AG
Pumpkinhead
AG
LawHall88 said:

hmmm...
agtrevino07
AG
Mcneilly as an assistant coach at TCU is a done deal. As soon, his bio is removed from 12thman.com then he will be announce I think. His bio is still there so I assume his contract has not expired or something.

https://12thman.com/sports/mens-basketball/roster/coaches/jamie-mcneilly/1303
mazag08
AG
Good riddance to those cancers.
DTP02
AG
mazag08 said:

E-Man wasn't a cancer in the program at all and Cash was really just a distraction.
mazag08
AG
DTP02 said:

mazag08 said:

E-Man wasn't a cancer in the program at all and Cash was really just a distraction.
He was a mercenary for a coach who checked out prior to last season (evidenced by his nephew refusing to play). He was never committed to A&M, and though he had developed into a good player, it can be argued that his relationship with the McNeilly family was likely a bigger issue in the locker room than his play could make up for.

Good riddance to all of them. Better off with them gone.
Pumpkinhead
AG
TCU is getting a great player with Miller. Who knows what they are getting with Cashius McNeilly.
MarcAg
AG
Pumpkinhead said:

TCU is getting a great player with Miller. Who knows what they are getting with Cashius McNeilly.

They are both big time players, but F them at this point.
dcaggie04
AG
You referred to Miller as one of the leaders on this team and praised him to no end. Now since he didn't do what you want him to do, he was a cancer all along.
mazag08
AG
dcaggie04 said:

You referred to Miller as one of the leaders on this team and praised him to no end. Now since he didn't do what you want him to do, he was a cancer all along.
At the time he seemed like it. Then I learned new information about him. It's apparent now that he's attached at the hip with the McNeillys and they have very obviously been looking for their next job for quite a while. I don't want people like that on my team nor at my school.
CapCityAg89
AG
Honestly. You might quit on college basketball then. What you describe is t really that rare.
CapCityAg89
AG
And I don't disagree with what you're saying. Just that it's become all too common.
mazag08
AG
CapCityAg89 said:

And I don't disagree with what you're saying. Just that it's become all too common.
No doubt. Aggie basketball has already lost a lot its luster with me, as have most sports. But for some reason I still care and like to imagine that the kids that are here getting a free education actually want to be here.
Expert Analysis
AG
Miller really could have done a lot better. Too bad for him he is carrying the extra baggage.
Hop
Staff
AG
mazag08 said:

dcaggie04 said:

At the time he seemed like it. Then I learned new information about him. It's apparent now that he's attached at the hip with the McNeillys and they have very obviously been looking for their next job for quite a while. I don't want people like that on my team nor at my school.
I don't know the particulars of the dynamics between McNeilly and Buzz, but I can see where Buzz might want a reset...that he was getting too reliant on this Canada pipeline which also means giving McNeilly a lot of power. He's moving two players now. Had he stayed, we could be at 4-5 players attached to McNeilly in a couple of years and that's a fragile situation for a head coach to be in.
bobinator
AG
Eh... two players joined at the hip because one of their uncles is an assistant coach is kinda rare right? It would be one thing if it was a dad or they were brothers or something.
2nd Generation Ag
Great post Hop. I agree with what you said. The loyalty should be to the head coach and school not the assistant . The assistant should have told Miller to stay. That would have been the right thing to do. He was the one that held out the kid (nephew) knowing he was leaving. There is a lot that was going on behind the scenes .
TulaneAg
My opinion is that Miller isn't really a great bball player... He was just the best player on this bad and dysfunctional team. He could prove me wrong at TCU. I'm willing to eat a little crow on that take if necessary.
Mikeyshooter
AG
TulaneAg said:

My opinion is that Miller isn't really a great bball player... He was just the best player on this bad and dysfunctional team. He could prove me wrong at TCU. I'm willing to eat a little crow on that take if necessary.

I think every good team needs someone like Miller. A guy who plays really hard, gets a bunch of rebounds, generally scores well around the basket, and makes free throws. There's a lot to like and he contributes to winning. But he can't be your best player or even 2nd best player. He's just not skilled enough on offense to create his own shot or shots for others.
bobinator
AG
I think the question for Miller is how much better can he still get? As he is, yeah, probably not exactly the ideal candidate to build a team around, but he's already come so far, how much more is still in there?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.