*****Aggies vs. UC-Irvine*****

19,890 Views | 271 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by basic8
Bobcat-Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Tavares19 said:

Not saying it's the whole story, but it absolutely is a big issue and it's just hard to fix. Im a senior and go to every single game and am part of the Rowdies who do their best to promote the team. The sad fact is that a majority of students in today's culture just don't give a **** about sports to the point of being a diehard fan and wanting to constantly support the team. They only go if it's a big opponent and it's the "cool thing" to do that day. They have other priorities and sports aren't one of them

How do you make it the cool thing to do?
CypressAg09
AG
I like the way we're playing, I just wish we could knock down the wiiiide open 3s
The Collective
AG
Glad the TV timeout came; seemed like we were going to keep limping until it hit.
Kyle Field Shade Chaser
AG
Starks. How low of a basketball IQ is needed to attack a 1 vs 4 with said 4 defenders set in position!?

Selfish dumb. Benchable act.
Tavares19
AG
If I knew we would've tried it by now
Strike One
I didn't think he could do it, but Starks tonight is playing even worse than in the first game. I sure hope he starts getting things together.
CypressAg09
AG
Weeeeaaaakkkkk
OasisMan
AG
Starxxx is just ice cold
Bayside Tiger Ag
greg.w.h said:

Tavares19 said:

Not saying it's the whole story, but it absolutely is a big issue and it's just hard to fix. Im a senior and go to every single game and am part of the Rowdies who do their best to promote the team. The sad fact is that a majority of students in today's culture just don't give a **** about sports to the point of being a diehard fan and wanting to constantly support the team. They only go if it's a big opponent and it's the "cool thing" to do that day. They have other priorities and sports aren't one of them

Meh...the complaints about student support are perennial. It certainly is a cultural non-chalance about "sports ball", but this isn't the first year nor will it be the last that former students and fans blame the current students.

If you snow in the campus from November to February, though, it might help...

Props to the Rowdy on this thread.

I'm not saying it's a BK thing, but when Turgeon was coach, the house was packed.
CypressAg09
AG
Who's this new color commentator, I really like him.
CypressAg09
AG
Nebo!
Jumbo Fister
AG
getting flashes of that one lottery talent we had last year with nebo
Strike One
In fairness to Starks, that was a great assist!
Bayside Tiger Ag
Not to mention, this is an entertaining game.

The Ags blew out the blue blood defending national champions in their state in the round of 32, and Aggie Athletics can't figure out how to get more attendance to a non-conf game.

Don't care if Robert or Tyler aren't on the team.
It's not often our team embarrasses a blue blood on a national broadcast. Should be a lot of excitement for this team in Aggieland, without the vets from last year's team.
Kyle Field Shade Chaser
AG
Tavares19 said:

Well makes sense...last I checked sports doesn't pay the bills for 99.9% of Americans. Priorities man.
The Collective
AG
Starks is going to be the death of me.
CypressAg09
AG
Walker >>>>> MahaN
johnnyblaze36
AG
What is Starks doing? I basically bet this game Ags -4 BECAUSE of him. Thought he'd bounce back after game 1.
CypressAg09
AG
johnnyblaze36 said:

What is Starks doing? I basically bet this game Ags -4 BECAUSE of him. Thought he'd bounce back after game 1.
We're up by 8
johnnyblaze36
AG
CypressAg09 said:

Tap Bentz. He owns Outback here and used to be an assistant for the Aggie women's team IIRC.
Strike One
I really like the effort and teamwork of everyone on this team except for Starks.
CypressAg09
AG
These refs suck
miller0926
AG
Starks my freaking god
CypressAg09
AG
johnnyblaze36 said:

CypressAg09 said:

Tap Bentz. He owns Outback here and used to be an assistant for the Aggie women's team IIRC.
He's fun to listen to. Clever.
aggietony2010
AG
How did that ref think it went off A&M. That might be the worst call I've ever seen.
God save the Patriarchy!
johnnyblaze36
AG
I'm watching him but we're winning by 8 in spite of him. 5 pts, 4 rebs, 2 assts, 3 TOs, 3 fouls, and a lot of bad decisions.
CypressAg09
AG
I can't believe they called that out on us. Bull****
mhayden
Desperately need Gilder. This coach coupled with Starks at the point is a nightmare.
The Collective
AG
Must be getting close to a TV timeout; they are on a run.
t - cam
AG
Starks wants so badly to be a star.
Kyle Field Shade Chaser
AG
Starks single handily letting UCI back in this game
CypressAg09
AG
johnnyblaze36 said:

I'm watching him but we're winning by 8 in spite of him. 5 pts, 4 rebs, 2 assts, 3 TOs, 3 fouls, and a lot of bad decisions.
Agreed. Really missing gilder
CypressAg09
AG
Refs need to calm the f down
The Collective
AG
aggietony2010 said:

How did that ref think it went off A&M. That might be the worst call I've ever seen.

Did he get the arm? Looked like he reached but agree that Ags didn't touch the ball.
DR.ZAP
AG
Starks is Monding so hard right now.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.