*****Aggies vs. UC-Irvine*****

19,878 Views | 271 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by basic8
phatpat21
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Also the Zags gonna win by 30 next week
czar_iv
AG
johnnyblaze36 said:

Starks 3/18 from three point land on the season for 16.7%. That's not gonna win you a lot of ball games, especially with a higher turnover to assist ratio.
BK still hasn't developed a PG since his tenure; here is just another example of it. Good thing, Aggies don't care about basketball.
"Can I Ask What Exactly Is An Aggie? Sure! An Aggie is quite simply the best thing anyone can strive to be!" - Sydney Colson
Aston04
AG
The fact Collins has been able to book so many minutes in numerous seasons is an absolute joke. He's a d-3 level player... yet we somehow can't ever find enough healthy/non-suspended people to keep him permanently on the bench during competitive games. That's on BK.

Starks game is also worse because of the lack of accountability from coach. Needs to have realistic competition gunning for his spot and a coach that will hold him accountable verbally. Our coach can't do that it seems.
czar_iv
AG
Aston04 said:

Starks game is also worse because of the lack of accountability from coach. Needs to have realistic competition gunning for his spot and a coach that will hold him accountable verbally. Our coach can't do that it seems.
Bingo! Any decent coach would be "will hold him accountable verbally" like MuthaF with his shot selection.
"Can I Ask What Exactly Is An Aggie? Sure! An Aggie is quite simply the best thing anyone can strive to be!" - Sydney Colson
LawHall88
AG
It happens, I guess.
basic8
Strike One said:

Maybe this performance will make Starks reevaluate his style of playing.
of course it will.
basic8
CJS4715 said:

What in the **** - looks like we have zero clue what to do in an end of game possession
It's early in the season. UCI has played 20 games already.
basic8
Richierich2323 said:

mncag said:

Again I don't know what I just saw. Starts travels down sheets along 3 doesn't look at passing a penetrating. Kennedy once again shows his player rotation and substitution absolutely stinks it has to be the worst I've ever seen. I know they had a lot of new players but that team stunk at the end that's disgraceful

With the way that they had been calling fouls, no reason to settle for a three. I think that Starks thought a time out was going to be called because he didn't get up the floor as quickly as he should have once he recieved the ball.

In the end though, the loss is on Kennedy. He should have had Starks on the bench and we didn't play Walker enough down the stretch.
"Starks thought"...lol
Serious Lee
i hate that M'Fer and his taglines. "Will Wade, American Gangster"."Bobby effin Hurley"

hey thanks for all the preseason hype you contributed towards JJ caldwell last year though.
Jumbo Fister
AG
Uncle Gunnysack said:

i hate that M'Fer and his taglines. "Will Wade, American Gangster"."Bobby effin Hurley"

hey thanks for all the preseason hype you contributed towards JJ caldwell last year though.

yeah that man almost singlehandedly caused me to overdose on Kaldwell Koolaid

speaking of, hope the poor kid is doing well
DTP02
AG
LawHall88 said:

For better or worse, BK wants this to be Starks' team, or so it seems. We will lose every single time he plays like this.

I'm good with some object lessons when you can afford to lose a game. But losing to UCI at home is going to hurt.

Gotta be firmer with Starks and sit him and go for the win. It's not like BK is afraid to sit guys. He's done it for various reasons. Maybe he thinks Starks won't react well to that, but you have to do whatever you can to get the win there.

Too laissez faire by BK.
PatAg
AG
this thread makes me glad I wasn't able to watch, sounds brutalB
Reno Hightower
Hickory High
AG
Uncle Gunnysack said:

To be fair, Caldwell really did have the potential to be that good. But yet again, it was wasted on BK and his complete lack of player development.
EliteZags
AG
was there a press conf and did anyone have the balls to ask the right question of wtf plays were run on the final 2 possessions
ClassOf17
**** we already lost? Ugh when is baseball season
Con Spirito
Billy Kennedy still coaches like a man who is knows with certainty his job is safe.
Tobias Funke
AG
ClassOf17 said:

**** we already lost? Ugh when is baseball season

If you didn't know that basketball season already started, why do you care when baseball starts?
DukeMu
Hickory High said:

Uncle Gunnysack said:

To be fair, Caldwell really did have the potential to be that good. But yet again, it was wasted on BK and his complete lack of player development.

Whether it was

Caldwell
Davis - ceiling = Kevin Love (world class post footwork - these are collegiate ceilings)
Hogg - ceiling = Pierce (pre-weed his advanced metrics were top 8 in the country).
Williams - ceiling = Stromille Swift

Player development issues, besides when Stansbury was coaching the bigs prevented NBA - level talent ballers from seeing an Elite Eight or Final Four.

I don't know how it's possible, but I overestimated BK's coaching and underestimated his recruiting.

On the current team Flagg is the only NBA-level player...so it's going to be a rough ride this year.

wacarnolds
AG
DukeMu said:

Hogg - ceiling = Pierce

Lol
DukeMu
wacarnolds said:

DukeMu said:

Hogg - ceiling = Pierce

Lol
Under Coach K, Hogg could have been as good as Pierce. Pure stroke and great length, but lack of concentration. His advanced metrics when playing well were off the charts. Defensively, too. He's a paradigm changing team defender with his length as well as an offensive player. Before the weed suspension, Hogg was rated the 8th best player on advanced metrics, including points added and wins.

Pierce was 35.5% 3FG; Hogg 37.8% 3FG last year. Both 52.2% eFG.

Hogg needed the type of military, laser-focused discipline that Coach K teaches. Loss of focus was Hogg's major problem.
DukeMu
In just a few months, the NBA is teaching Robert Williams proper shooting mechanics. BK's staff couldn't do that in two years.

wacarnolds
AG
DukeMu said:

wacarnolds said:

DukeMu said:

Hogg - ceiling = Pierce

Lol
Under Coach K, Hogg could have been as good as Pierce. Pure stroke and great length, but lack of concentration. His advanced metrics when playing well were off the charts. Defensively, too. He's a paradigm changing team defender with his length as well as an offensive player. Before the weed suspension, Hogg was rated the 8th best player on advanced metrics, including points added and wins.

Pierce was 35.5% 3FG; Hogg 37.8% 3FG last year. Both 52.2% eFG.

Hogg needed the type of military, laser-focused discipline that Coach K teaches. Loss of focus was Hogg's major problem.

Pierce was a unanimous All-American and the best player on a #1 seed. Elite two player that ranked top 10 in the B12 in points, rebounds, blocks, steals.

Hogg was a good player who squandered what could have been a special JR season, but gtfo here saying he was a lottery pick if not for Kennedy's coaching.
Aston04
AG
DukeMu said:

In just a few months, the NBA is teaching Robert Williams proper shooting mechanics. BK's staff couldn't do that in two years.

Save for some defensive aspects... bk is as close you come to a roll the ball out there type coach.
greg.w.h
AG
Imagine if TD and RW returned...
Ag Me On
phatpat21 said:

Also the Zags gonna win by 30 next week
I'd say more like 40.
DTP02
AG
I'm so confused by some of these posts and have a few questions:

Is the "Pierce", that someone is referencing as a comparison to Hogg, Paul Pierce?

If so, do we need to do a wellness check on this person? Because the only comparison I can see is that they both play basketball.

Also if so, what does Pierce have to do with Coach K?

basic8
DTP02 said:

DI'm so confused by some of these posts and have a few questions:

Is the "Pierce", that someone is referencing as a comparison to Hogg, Paul Pierce?

If so, do we need to do a wellness check on this person? Because the only comparison I can see is that they both play basketball.

Also if so, what does Pierce have to do with Coach K?

NS

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.