NIT Bracketology

17,291 Views | 124 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by _lefraud_
The Collective
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
BQ_90 said:

Well he's the one that inked the buyout and extension with BK not sure why he wouldn't be happy with The end result

We all know this is a rubber stamp. I guess if he has to fall on his sword eventually for the poor decision-making of our boosters, he can take his buyout money as well and move on to a place where he is given more control.
BQ_90
AG
Hop said:

BQ_90 said:

CJS4715 said:

BQ_90 said:

you don't think our AD wants to brag about making post season

I'm not sure that Woodward would brag about the NIT.
Well he's the one that inked the buyout and extension with BK not sure why he wouldn't be happy with The end result

Then again I'm not sure Woodward even lives in town

In his first spring on the job, Woodward went to more football practices in the first week than Hyman went to in his 3-4 years at A&M. He was at the practice fields for most of the spring practices last year.
well Hyman was at bunch of MBB and WBB games and I'm not sure I've seen Woodard at any outside of the one where they honored the athlete honor roll or whatever it was called.

So maybe Woodard doesn't care about anything but spring football practice?

BQ_90
AG
CJS4715 said:

BQ_90 said:

We all know this is a rubber stamp. I guess if he has to fall on his sword eventually for the poor decision-making of our boosters, he can take his buyout money as well and move on to a place where he is given more control.
well the story I heard was it was Woodard who pushed both the extension and raise. But who knows, everything is always top secret.
Hop
Staff
AG
BQ_90 said:

Hop said:

BQ_90 said:

CJS4715 said:

BQ_90 said:

you don't think our AD wants to brag about making post season

I'm not sure that Woodward would brag about the NIT.

Then again I'm not sure Woodward even lives in town

In his first spring on the job, Woodward went to more football practices in the first week than Hyman went to in his 3-4 years at A&M. He was at the practice fields for most of the spring practices last year.
well Hyman was at bunch of MBB and WBB games and I'm not sure I've seen Woodard at any outside of the one where they honored the athlete honor roll or whatever it was called.

So maybe Woodard doesn't care about anything but spring football practice?

I can't attest to his hoops attendance all season, but I walked past him at the last home game against Missouri.
CrazyDayDuck
I don't know why we had to go to the Left Coast to get our President and AD.
BQ_90
AG
So to sum up:

Hyman hated spring football practice, liked MBB and WBB, and TCU baseball

Woodard, loves spring football practice and some MBB, undecided on TCU baseball

CrazyDayDuck
GoodOldAgs said:

AggieTFA06 said:

Before the season began, I knew we were an NIT team. I've managed my expectations.

I would actually be ok with an NIT invite.

Me too.

Losing 4 starters and not having a Point Guard is a tough hand to play.
Topher17
AG
CrazyDayDuck said:

GoodOldAgs said:

AggieTFA06 said:

Before the season began, I knew we were an NIT team. I've managed my expectations.

Me too.

While we are lacking a true PG, that argument as a reason for missing the tournament is so tired at this point. Anyone on or not on the roster is a byproduct of BK's management or mismanagement of the roster, seeing as it is year 6. With the talent this team has and the fact we play in the worst power 5 basketball conference, we should be in the top 3-4 in the league and easily in the tournament. Even when you take the PG struggles into account, this team should not be an NIT team. Its disheartening knowing that we are barely an NIT bubble team at that.
bobinator
AG
Doing an NIT bracketology watch might be a whole new challenge...
BQ_90
AG
true, everyone knows that we're not making the tourney this year because of the APR BK inherited when he go here
The Collective
AG
bobinator said:

Doing an NIT bracketology watch might be a whole new challenge...

This thread gonna die...
miller0926
AG
http://www.nycbuckets.com/current-nit-bracketology/

Updated today, still a 7-seed. Matched up with the Hoosiers.
Method Man
How accurate is this guy?
ColoradoMooseHerd
So what about TCU?
mhayden
ColoradoMooseHerd said:

So what about TCU?

Still dancing as long as they win 20.
Pumpkinhead
AG
free_mhayden said:

bobinator said:

Calm down bud, nobody is saying they won't be in, but without a win over one of those teams, if they go one-and-done in the Big 12 Tourney they'll be sweating it out a bit in the final days. That's the definition of "on the bubble."

They can sit in the middle of the court in protest for their first game of the Big 12 Tourney if they'd like -- if they win 20 games it doesn't matter.

Not getting riled up about it, it's just a ridiculously dumb stance to think that a 20-win Big-12 team with a Top 50 RPI might get left out. It just doesn't happen.
mhayden, just a note the latest bubble watch from SI seems to feel that TCU really needs to beat either Kansas or WVU this week to get in. Seems to feel like their NCAAT chances are in 'serious trouble' at the moment. Seems like the author is kind of agreeing with bobinator's points. The Frogs just don't have much in terms of impressive wins on their resume, so just getting to 20 wins may not be enough. Seems to feel they need a 'big' win.

http://www.si.com/college-basketball/2017/02/21/ncaa-tournament-bubble-teams-watch-acc-big-ten-pac-12-sec

TCU (1710, 68) is in serious trouble after losing to Oklahoma State and Iowa State last week. While the Horned Frogs' rsum comes close to measuring up to that of Oklahoma State and Kansas State, they lack the signature wins those two schools have. TCU has two top-50 wins, and one of those was against an Illinois State team that will be on the bubble if it doesn't win the Missouri Valley Conference tournament. With teams in its own conference distinguishing themselves with high-value wins, and schools like Syracuse and Marquette, for example, doing the same elsewhere, TCU likely needs at least one big win the rest of the way to make a compelling at-large case. That makes this the Horned Frogs biggest week of the season. They visit Kansas on Wednesday and host West Virginia on Saturday.
mhayden
Pumpkinhead said:

free_mhayden said:

bobinator said:

Calm down bud, nobody is saying they won't be in, but without a win over one of those teams, if they go one-and-done in the Big 12 Tourney they'll be sweating it out a bit in the final days. That's the definition of "on the bubble."

They can sit in the middle of the court in protest for their first game of the Big 12 Tourney if they'd like -- if they win 20 games it doesn't matter.

Not getting riled up about it, it's just a ridiculously dumb stance to think that a 20-win Big-12 team with a Top 50 RPI might get left out. It just doesn't happen.
mhayden, just a note the latest bubble watch from SI seems to feel that TCU really needs to beat either Kansas or WVU this week to get in. Seems to feel like their NCAAT chances are in 'serious trouble' at the moment. Seems like the author is kind of agreeing with bobinator's points. The Frogs just don't have much in terms of impressive wins on their resume, so just getting to 20 wins may not be enough. Seems to feel they need a 'big' win.

Let's see... TCU is at 17 wins with 4 games left... And 2 of those 4 games remaining are against Kansas and WVU...

I'll let you do the math.
Pumpkinhead
AG
free_mhayden said:

Pumpkinhead said:

free_mhayden said:

bobinator said:

Let's see... TCU is at 17 wins with 4 games left... And 2 of those 4 games remaining are against Kansas and WVU...

I was assuming you guys were including Big12T games.
mhayden
Pumpkinhead said:

free_mhayden said:

Pumpkinhead said:

free_mhayden said:

bobinator said:

I was assuming you guys were including Big12T games.

You literally quoted a post that said they could sit in the middle of the court and protest their first B12 tourney game and still be fine if they had 20 wins.

I think those disagreeing with my stance weren't taking the time to actually look at TCU's schedule to realize that for them to get to 20 wins either A) they would "take care of business" against teams they should down the stretch or B) pull an upset and get a marquee win.

The home loss to Oklahoma State has caused them to need a marquee win to get to 20 wins, so my point still stands (20 wins going into the Big 12 tournament and they are in without a doubt).

But even at this point, chances are if they get to 20 wins total they are likely in -- because 19 regular season wins likely puts them as a 6 seed in the B12 tourney and to get that 20th win they would need to beat the 3 seed -- earning them that marquee win they'd lack.

So again, 20 wins get it done
Yell Practice
Really surprised if we go to the Big Dance this season.
APHIS AG
Update on our bracket:

1. Seton Hall
8. Memphis
4. Mississippi
5. Charleston
3. Ohio St.
6. New Mexico St.
2. Indiana
7. Texas A&M

What is bad is that Auburn is a 6th seed in another bracket, a team we crushed.

Keep on losing and it is the CBI for us.
Luke The Drifter
AG
Yell Practice said:

Really surprised if we go to the Big Dance NIT, CBI or any other post-season tournament this season.

FIFY...

But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31 (NIV)
Rocco S
CrazyDayDuck said:

GoodOldAgs said:

AggieTFA06 said:

Me too.

This is so ridiculous.

Having as many senior starters as we did last year is an extreme rarity. Whose fault is it we don't have anyone to replace them? Whose fault is it we don't have a point guard? Do you really think this season is any different with JJC? Do you really see anyone playing this year that will be back next year that has a lot of potential? We've got 3 guys right now that are D1 level players in Gilder, Williams, and Davis and we are going to be without at least one of them next year. And don't tell me about who we have coming in, because then when they don't make an immediate impact then it's oh well we are so young, despite teams winning around the country with a young roster.

And why do people post like "oh well we made the sweet 16 last year so this year is a pass"? What about the 4 seasons of complete failure prior to last year?

We are going to have 1 NCAA appearance in 6 seasons under a coach that took over a program that had been to 6 straight NCAAs prior to his arrival, and who inherited a roster that was picked to win the big 12 that year.

When do the excuses stop?
PaRappa
1 NCAA appearance with as much talent and experience as ever seen on an A&M team, and a quality HC has the top assistant (and doing most of the coaching heavy lifting). He needed all that to be successful, and as soon as the competent coach left, the team is not even NIT level. Kennedy is terrible, and should have never lasted this long, but pity and being a nice guy, has kept him in this job way past what is reasonable.

Yell Practice
txag72
AG
Surely the Auburn game wasn't taken into consideration here. Easy to flip us with them now unless we crap the bed the rest of the way.
Yell Practice
mikesyracuse1

Current NIT Bracketology

This is the official NIT Bracketology of the 2017 tournament by NYC Buckets. It was published on Feb. 20, 2017.

Have Auto Bid (If Necessary): Monmouth (MAAC), Vermont (America East), Bucknell (Patriot League), Belmont (Ohio Valley), Florida Gulf Coast (Atlantic Sun)

Not Projected .500: NC State, Iowa, Vanderbilt, Stanford, Tulsa, Connecticut, Penn State

NIT Tournament Bracket:

Bold: Automatic Bid
Italics: Bubble Teams

1. Seton Hall
8. Memphis
4. Mississippi
5. Charleston
3. Ohio St.
6. New Mexico St.
2. Indiana
7. Texas A&M

1. Rhode Island
8. San Francisco
4. Georgia
5. Illinois
3. Georgia Tech
6. Auburn
2. Providence
7. Arkansas St.

1. Syracuse
8. St. Bonaventure
4. New Mexico
5. Texas Tech
3. Utah
6. BYU
2. Boise St.
7. Colorado

1. Tennessee
8. Colorado St.
4. Pittsburgh
5. Alabama
3. Georgetown
6. San Diego St.
2. Clemson
7. Chattanooga

Considered: Iona, Oakland, Lousiana Tech, Winthrop, Mississippi State, UCF, Temple, Richmond, George Mason

CBI/CIT: This list will be updated as we get closer to the postseason.
Yell Practice
ColoradoMooseHerd
Any updates on TCU?
BQ_90
AG
Lost to OU
4ZORRO
AG
LeFraud said:

TCU is a hell of a lot closer to making the field of 68 than a&m is making the NIT. TCU needs 4 more wins to make the dance, a&m needs probably 5 wins to make the NIT (and hope no league champs get upset in their respective tournaments)
You are delusional both in NIT.
DoctorAggie
4ZORRO said:

LeFraud said:

TCU is a hell of a lot closer to making the field of 68 than a&m is making the NIT. TCU needs 4 more wins to make the dance, a&m needs probably 5 wins to make the NIT (and hope no league champs get upset in their respective tournaments)
You are delusional both in NIT.

Probably true but TCU is a legitimate bubble team. We are hoping to get above a 6 seed in the NIT.
Chuck Gay
AG
TCU was a bubble team a month ago. They are now 17-14 (6-12 in conference) with a RPI of 78 and currently riding a 7 game losing streak. The only path they have to the NCAA tournament is the same one that we have of winning their conference tournament.
Chuck Gay
AG
The latest NIT bracketology as of March 6, 2017 at 10:30 pm

NIT Tournament Bracket:

Bold: Automatic Bid

Italics: Bubble Teams

1. Illinois
8. Valparaiso
4. Clemson
5. College of Charleston
3. Georgia Tech
6. Richmond
2. Utah
7. Auburn

1. Houston
8. Belmont
4. Ohio St.
5. TCU
3. Mississippi
6. Fresno St.
2. Iowa
7. Texas Tech

1. Rhode Island
8. Oakland
4. Indiana
5. Colorado St.
3. Boise St.
6. UCF
2. Georgia
7. UNC Greensboro

1. Kansas St.
8. South Dakota
4. Alabama
5. Monmouth
3. BYU
6. Texas A&M
2. California
7. New Mexico St.

Seriously Considered: Memphis, San Diego St., Arkansas St., Tennessee, UNC Asheville, San Francisco, Colorado

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.