Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************PIZZA THREAD******************

58,967 Views | 324 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by bbqAg09
Sethtevious
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Made roasted red peppers with garlic and then preserved them in olive oil this morning.

Then I made a roasted red peppers and sausage pizza (like the previous one) this evening. I used two cloves of garlic previously, only one this time. It was still delicious but more garlic is always better in my opinion.

Sethtevious

My niece was over at my father's house Tuesday night, and my father informed me I would be making her dinner. She doesn't like peppers.
Sethtevious
Sausage rolls I made during the game today.

Basically my tribute to Double Dave's/Gumby's.

These had sweet sausage, peppers, onions, and cheese in them. The fat from the sausage fries the dough on the inside and creates the perfect texture.
Sethtevious
Garlic knots

Dough is simply pizza dough with a teaspoon of garlic powder added, then butter/garlic powder after they rise and come out of the oven, or minced garlic and garlic salt if you want a dry version. Olive oil and garlic salt also works.
Max06
AG
First pizza of the year turned out delicious, as always.
Sethtevious

first of 2024
Sethtevious

The Silverback
AG
bbqAg09 said:

First time using the wood fire option on the Gozney Dome and can't believe how easy it was to build and maintain the fire. I envisioned it being a major pain.

How was it compared to gas?

I have only used gas on mine so far but was going to use real wood for the first time this weekend. What temp did you get up to?
fav13andac1)c
AG
Pizza night. Made the dough on Tuesday, and the flavor was very good. Very happy with how it turned out.

bbqAg09
AG
Gas is certainly easier to set and forget but managing the wood fire is a lot more fun for me. I'd be lying if I said I can taste the difference but everyone seems to have more fun when there's time to manage the fire. The biggest takeaway is getting the right wood splits. They need to be dry enough and small enough to catch quickly as the smoke flavor on pizza crust isn't the best flavor profile in my experience.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.