Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

Whats in your wine cellar?

1,275,867 Views | 10508 Replies | Last: 19 hrs ago by QBCade
GBMont3
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I just wound up loading up on Sanguis instead. Not exactly apples to apples but I've got a lot more familiarity with their wines and know what I like. Went heavy on Loner & Verve, + some Modern.
HTownAg98
I bought my standard three-pack of the fall wines, with two Verve and a Modern. That 1/1 three-pack was enticing.
swc-ag
AG

Sorry we missed you Cecil. Meghan was very helpful. Top notch wine! We enjoyed everything.
We hit some nice places, 12 Fires, The French Connection, Ron Yates, and Slate Mill. Texas wines are doing well!
Hope to catch you next time!
cecil77
AG
Me, too. Glad you enjoyed the wines. Were you there Friday?
swc-ag
AG
cecil77 said:

Me, too. Glad you enjoyed the wines. Were you there Friday?
We came by on Sunday and you were our first stop. Awesome way to start the day! We live in DFW so we will be sure to visit the Dallas location as well. Thanks again!
BSD
AG
Macdonald ordered!
BigAg95
AG
I finally made the ultramarine list, but was only allocated 1 three pack. Glad to have that, though!

I just let Sanguis send me a 3 pack of whatever they want, so I am getting 1 Loner, 1 Verve, and 1 "Nothing if Not a Game."

Decided to sit Realm out this year and got the Ultramarine instead. Now I am anxiously awaiting the William & Mary release and then I think I am done for the fall release season. Until the next email that I can't resist hits my inbox...
cecil77
AG
I'll get a little W&M, if nothing else because Will is such a good guy. I had a corked bottle and he sent me two bottles to replace it!
Jono85
AG
Has anyone had any Sandlands Wine?
htxag09
AG
Yeah, I have to pass this year as I'm still unemployed. But I've emailed him the past couple years and he's been very responsive and flexible with orders. For example the first year I ordered 2 cabs and 1 proprietary red vs the online minimum of 3 of each bottle.
BSD
AG
htxag09 said:

Yeah, I have to pass this year as I'm still unemployed. But I've emailed him the past couple years and he's been very responsive and flexible with orders. For example the first year I ordered 2 cabs and 1 proprietary red vs the online minimum of 3 of each bottle.

If you pass, I'll gladly open an '18 for you when the time is right. No reason to miss out!
BSD
AG
cecil77 said:

I'll get a little W&M, if nothing else because Will is such a good guy. I had a corked bottle and he sent me two bottles to replace it!

Definitely in on W&M. He has a $75 "Napa" bottle that's new for this year from a vineyard near Eisele. I'll grab several of those and then my usual Prop Reds and Cab Sauv. And a mag to keep that vertical going. Maybe I need to hit up Will for a 6L...party at my place, anyone?
jrweinberger
I've been a member of Sandlands for the past 4 years. I really like what Tegan is doing there. My favorite wine of his is his Trousseau which, in my opinion, is the best version of that grape being made outside of Jura. When it's on it rivals even some of the best coming from that region (i.e. Ganevat, Puffeney, Gahier). He didn't make that wine this past vintage which was a bummer but hopefully he puts out a new vintage in a future release. I also am a big fan of his Amador County Chenin Blanc as well as the Mataro, Syrah, and Carignan. If you are interested you should apply to get on the allocation list. The wines are very competitively priced (almost all under $40/bottle). Buying his wine outside of the member list causes those prices to almost double so it's worth ordering as a member. Cheers!
cecil77
AG
Just got in 6 of these. For $37, what the heck. Undoubtedly remnants from "somebody" I guess...

The Ultimate Luxe Napa Cabernet Sauvignon
Austintm
Finally got a MacDonald allocation. Very happy indeed.
Austintm
Austintm
Austintm
Multiple posts -- user/computer error.
bularry
Jono85 said:

Has anyone had any Sandlands Wine?
yes, I'm on their list. last Spring was the first time I got offering. Loaded up this fall
bularry
love the Chenin from Amador... I really just like the straight forward and unique nature of these wines
bularry
I think I have 8 fall orders out... None of these Napa cabs listed on here, LOL

Domaine de la Cote
Sandlands
Ceritas
Cornell (almost Napa)
Turley
Liquid Farm
Adelaida

can't remember what else
htxag09
AG
BSD said:

htxag09 said:

If you pass, I'll gladly open an '18 for you when the time is right. No reason to miss out!

Just say when!
Austintm
bularry said:

I think I have 8 fall orders out... None of these Napa cabs listed on here, LOL

Domaine de la Cote
Sandlands
Ceritas
Cornell (almost Napa)
Turley
Liquid Farm
Adelaida

can't remember what else
Opposite mine are Napa
We did cut back this year, but have some fun stuff coming:

Piper
Pott Napa
MacDonald
Memento Mori
Seven Stones
Vineyardist
Arkenstone

Not yet out, but remaining orders will be:

Pott Single Vineyard
Fairchild Stones
M. Etain (one of these days I'll get a Scarecrow allocation...)
BSD
AG
htxag09 said:

BSD said:

htxag09 said:

Just say when!

2025. Haha. Nah, but seriously, I'll grab extras to give one a taste early on.
BSD
AG
Austintm said:

Opposite mine are Napa
We did cut back this year, but have some fun stuff coming:

Piper
Pott Napa
MacDonald
Memento Mori
Seven Stones
Vineyardist
Arkenstone

Not yet out, but remaining orders will be:

Pott Single Vineyard
Fairchild Stones
M. Etain (one of these days I'll get a Scarecrow allocation...)

I went deep on Napa 2018, considering 2020 may be a bust. Who knows, but with this being a good vintage, why not?

If you don't get a 2018 Scarecrow allocation, let me know. If I get two three packs, I'll be happy to give one up.
singer10
AG
I would definitely take you up on that offer. Haven't been able to get scarecrow yet but have some extra 2015 Hillside Select I can offer in a trade.
JCA1
AG
I signed up for Scarecrow about 3 years ago and got an offer last year. I passed on it as they are about $500/bottle now and I just couldn't bring myself to do it. I think their wait time is shrinking quite a bit as they've priced themselves out for a fair amount of people. Curious to see if I'm offered anything this year. Supposedly, you go to the end of the line and have to work your way back up.
BSD
AG
Yes, Scarecrow isn't as long a wait as it used to be. The huge price increase has forced many out and is about to force me out as well. Possibly after this next release, or 2019 if it was a good vintage. Initially they said they wanted to have wine that everyone could afford ($125). But I guess profits can change a person's mind. Not that there's anything wrong with that...at all. But $450/btl just doesn't do it for me, especially when I can spend that money on wine made by people that I have personal connections with. I love the wine, don't get me wrong. And I don't mind spending money, I'll just deploy those funds elsewhere.

If I have extras, I'll let y'all know.
752bro4
AG
Pott
Seven stones
William and Mary
O'Brien
Schramsberg
Krupp
Modus operandi
St Francis
En Garde
A.J. Pearce (I think that's what my wife said)
6-er If drinkers i ordered off of Last Bottle yesterday
6-er I'm splitting of drinkers with Garland
All ordered or shipping soon, I think

Upgrading the off site cooler size soon. We can't keep up with some of this, and a few are going away after this round. I blame my wife, she blames me.
BSD
AG
I can't decide if I want to get back on the Seven Stones list. I bought from the inaugural vintage to 2014. All the ones I've had so far have been excellent. Hmm, I think I just talked myself into it.
BSD
AG
One other wine thought for today, I keep most of my wine in offsite storage here in Houston. I began wondering how long the generators would keep the wine cool in case of a major hurricane knocking out power for an extended amount of time. Sure they can add gas, but how long before it runs out of gas before they can get more? What if a truck can't get here to fill it up? What if the infrastructure is damaged? I probably need to discuss all of this with the storage facility but I am also considering moving the long terms agers (and the bulk of the investment) to a completely different city. Maybe Austin or Dallas. Anyways, anyone else have these concerns?
JCA1
AG
We bought so much on our last Napa trip, I don't even know what all I have coming anymore. Best I can recall, I've got Detert, Odette, Arrow & Branch, Promise, Crocker & Starr, Pludio Walker, and I think a couple others.

Edit - just remembered the Darioush, Myriad and Saxum I also have coming. I may have a problem.
752bro4
AG
Feel free to drop some of that Macdonald, Scarecrow, Maybach, and Pott off at my house in dallas anytime. We'll take good care of it. Don't you worry bout nothing.
htxag09
AG
Some in houston have multiple generators just in case. I read an article about vault and vino and they have diesel and natural gas generators. It was significantly more expensive so I'm not switching
aggiejumper
AG
Get good wine insurance and you're covered from those type of issues. I had a relative have a cellar issue with some high end stuff and insurance replaced everything that was lost. They even guaranteed provenance I believe.
First Page Last Page
Page 219 of 301

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.