Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

Whats in your wine cellar?

1,283,878 Views | 10513 Replies | Last: 3 days ago by bularry
Elkos Magic Cookbook
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Stagecoach, how was the 2012 Checkerboard? I have been sitting on 2012 and 2013.
BSD
AG
As is the NYE tradition, I picked up a nice champagne to share with the family. Unfortunately, my flu-like symptoms forced a delay of opening that bottle til next NYE when I see the family. So Mr. 2006 Taittinger Comptes de Champagne, we shall meet again. Have a good nap.
WestUAg
AG
Let's get some wine pics going here!

This was my Friday night...97 Dunn
NYE 85 Mondavi reserve and 14 macdonald
And my pours at a college football playoff party I hosted

https://imgur.com/gallery/7DE0I

aggiejumper
AG
How was the MacDonald?
WestUAg
AG
[url=https://imgur.com/N4TUljS][img]<a href=[/img]" />https://imgur.com/N4TUljS[/url]
WestUAg
AG
[img]<a href=[/img]" />
WestUAg
AG
[img]<a href=[/img]" />
WestUAg
AG
aggiejumper said:

How was the MacDonald?
aggiejumper,
I decanted it for 6 hours which let the tannins integrate pretty well but the real problem is the 85 Mondavi Reserve that I had after the Macdonald blew it out of the water. The Mondavi was a perfect bottle.

I think I could maybe justify the release price on Macdonald but not the aftermarket price of $300-500/bottle.
FarmerJohn
AG
I don't have a picture of the bottle, but here is a visual representation of the 2012 Bordeaux table wine I had last weekend.
cecil77
AG
Got you there. Just not in style!
HTownAg98
I had a 2012 Domaine Durand St. Joseph "Les Coteaux". I really good example of St. Joseph Syrah. Lots of black cherry and cedar with lots of blackberry, slight blueberry, raspberry, and herb de Provence. Needs about a 1.5 hour decant to come around. Pretty tasty for $25. Found it at Central Market.
JMC04
AG
HTownAg98 said:

I had a 2012 Domaine Durand St. Joseph "Les Coteaux". I really good example of St. Joseph Syrah. Lots of black cherry and cedar with lots of blackberry, slight blueberry, raspberry, and herb de Provence. Needs about a 1.5 hour decant to come around. Pretty tasty for $25. Found it at Central Market.
Thanks for the rec! Haven't been to Central Market in years

Speaking of Syrah, I got some Gramercy Cellars in today. Ordered 2-Deuce 2013, and 2-Columbia Valley 2014. Haven't tried Gramercy before, so I hope it's good
JMC04
AG
Has anyone had Outpost cabs? Their cabs are being released on Tuesday, and I was tempted to try one. Curious if anyone has any thoughts.
aggiejumper
AG
Yes, great Howell mtn cab, try one to see if you like them, they have some high ends cabs that are allocated and are very good also. Thomas Rivers Brown is winemaker so you know the pedigree is there. Try their zin's too.
JMC04
AG
aggiejumper said:

Yes, great Howell mtn cab, try one to see if you like them, they have some high ends cabs that are allocated and are very good also. Thomas Rivers Brown is winemaker so you know the pedigree is there. Try their zin's too.
Thanks! I'm going to try the entry level cab
HTownAg98
+1 on Outpost. If there is such a thing as QPR wine at that price point, they definitely fit the bill.
jt2hunt
AG
I love Howell Mountain wines!
cheeky
AG
nclawson said:

Stagecoach, how was the 2012 Checkerboard? I have been sitting on 2012 and 2013.
The King's Row is quite excellent and drinking lovely. I like it as much as the Checkerboard, actually.
Tumble Weed
I just added in a few Texas wines after a trip to the hill country this weekend.

From Lewis:

2012 Newsom Cabernet Reserve

2013 Parr Tempranillo

2013 Texas Tempranillo

From Perissos:

2015 Brennan Malbec

2015 Estate Malbec

2015 Petit Syrah

The Brennan Malbec has the ability to be the winner of the group. It should drink well in another 5 years.

bularry
brownguy81 said:

HTownAg98 said:

Speaking of Syrah, I got some Gramercy Cellars in today. Ordered 2-Deuce 2013, and 2-Columbia Valley 2014. Haven't tried Gramercy before, so I hope it's good
Lay those Gramercy bottles down for a while, especially the Deuce
JMC04
AG
bularry said:

brownguy81 said:

HTownAg98 said:

Lay those Gramercy bottles down for a while, especially the Deuce
Thanks for the advice, will do
cecil77
AG
Tumble Weed said:

I just added in a few Texas wines after a trip to the hill country this weekend.

From Lewis:

2013 Parr Tempranillo

2013 Texas Tempranillo

From Perissos:

2015 Brennan Malbec

2015 Estate Malbec

2015 Petit Syrah

The Brennan Malbec has the ability to be the winner of the group. It should drink well in another 5 years.

Did you make it by Inwood Estates? Honestly our Tempranillo is much richer (to my taste) than any other Tempranillo I've tasted - from anywhere.

Next time you're through on a Saturday, stop by and see me!
ILikeTacos
AG
Just ordered 2016 Myriam Beckstoffer offerings. I have a problem.
Palovic
I understand your addiction. 2 Elysium and two Dr. Crane's for me. On to the Rivers Marie offering.
BSD
AG
Y'all have problems? I bought both and I don't even drink that much!!!
cecil77
AG
3 each...

His stable prices are refreshing...
Thriller
AG
My order goes in later this afternoon. Likely 2 of each
ILikeTacos
AG
cecil77 said:

3 each...

His stable prices are refreshing...
#MeToo
Tumble Weed
cecil77 said:

Tumble Weed said:

From Lewis:

2013 Parr Tempranillo

2013 Texas Tempranillo

From Perissos:

2015 Brennan Malbec

2015 Estate Malbec

2015 Petit Syrah

Did you make it by Inwood Estates? Honestly our Tempranillo is much richer (to my taste) than any other Tempranillo I've tasted - from anywhere.

Next time you're through on a Saturday, stop by and see me!
My wife and I were planning our spring trip while chilling out at Lewis. I wanted to crash in Fredericksburg and call in sick on Monday, but she wouldn't let me. Inwood will be the first stop on our spring tour!

BSD
AG
Today's purchases:

3 x Rivers Marie Sonoma Coast Pinot
1 x Rivers Marie Summa old vines Pinot
3 x Myriad Elysian Dr Crane Cab (one goes to a friend every year)

Next week is Maybach, one my favorites year in and year out.
Palovic
Rivers Marie for me was:

3 Sonoma Coast
2 Anderson Valley

As well as my Myriad order of 2 and 2
aggiejumper
AG
Trying to slow down the purchases however, 2 RM Summa, 2 RM Summa OV, 2 Myriad Elysian, 1 Myriad Crane

Too many more coming down the pipeline, cough cough, Realm being the big one. Wife and I's favorite.
cecil77
AG
Drank a '14 Falstaff a week or so ago. Yeah, infanticide, but it was really good...
Elkos Magic Cookbook
AG
Credit card got blasted today.

6 Myriad
8 Outpost
6 RM
6 Kistler
Elkos Magic Cookbook
AG
Passed on Checkerboard. Just can't justify $325 and $375 for those. And with a minimum of 3.
First Page Last Page
Page 140 of 301

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.