Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

Whats in your wine cellar?

1,273,538 Views | 10500 Replies | Last: 8 hrs ago by cecil77
Thriller
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Must have missed the Realm email. When did it come in?
cecil77
AG
Got it today.
BSD
AG
OK gentlemen, I will be selling a few nice bottles soon at current market prices and I wanted to give you guys first shot at them. This won't be like my big sell off from a few years ago where everything was at my cost, but will be more in line with Wine-Searcher.com prices, actually a little less. If I get no interest here, I will move on to other spots but I like you guys.

So here is what I have:

2008 DRC La Tache (this one is actually my cost - $2000) 97-WA 96-Burghound

2013 Scarecrow - $525
2013 Realm Absurd - $525
2013 Realm Dr Crane - $425
2013 Schrader CCS - $425
2013 Maybach Materium - $360
2012 Realm Dr Crane - $400

All of the Cali cabs are 100 pointers from WA.

The reason for my sale is to use the proceeds to buy a Screaming Eagle...or an autographed Michael Jordan jersey. I haven't decided yet. If anyone has an interest, let me know.

edited to add Realm Crane's...
RikHaze
AG
We tasted the Moonracer at Realm in November. I don't have any notes on it, but I remember it being my favorite of the bunch with the Houyi a close second.
bularry
BSD liquidating!!

Wish I could buy that La Tache, just to have one. but sadly, living la vide poors at the moment.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Liquidating any beer as well? Unfortunately the wine price is a little out for me at the moment.
BSD
AG
Honestly, the La Tache is one I want to sell the least. I'd rather sell the cabs, as I have at least one more bottle of each of those vintages. The la Tache is my only 2008 bottle, but I have other vintages so that's why I am offering it out.
Elkos Magic Cookbook
AG
BSD said:

I would have everyone there be ready to buy his wines right then and there, should he offer (well, he'll have some at the warehouse that hell ship, he won't bring wine to sell). Who knows, he might not have any to sell. But what I would do is buy a bottle of nice champagne or Yquem as a treat for them since they are providing the rest of the booze.

Thanks for the advice BSD!
BSD
AG
My Realm order is in.
cecil77
AG
I got an allocation in the fall, but not this time. Maybe after you big guns get your shot...
BSD
AG
I left some on the table. wish I had known. It's not like allocations were heavy, though.
RikHaze
AG
Was offered 1 each of the Moonracer, Houyi and Farella. Wished for a Dr Crane and To Kalon.
Thriller
AG
Did not get an allocation this time. May work out though - my wife has her eye on ordering more of the Smith wines this year over last, if we can.
htxag09
AG
Anyone attending one of the Howell Mountain events in Texas this week? We'll be at the one in Houston on Saturday.
HTownAg98
Going to the one in Austin on Saturday.
HTownAg98
Most likely either a spam account or a "reputation" account.
cecil77
AG
You may need a star to use it, but you can now right click on a user and ignore their posts.
BSD
AG
htxag09 said:

Anyone attending one of the Howell Mountain events in Texas this week? We'll be at the one in Houston on Saturday.
I went to the one a few years ago right after JFF and the Ags beat Bama. It was a fun event. Lamborn is good juice so be sure to stop by their post...good people too.
aggiecive
AG
I'll be there. Never done something like this so don't know what to expect.
BSD
AG
Celebrating Mom's 70th.

bularry
wow, Salon. Did you mix with the DP?
BSD
AG
DP? Ha...this is my mother's 70th. Dom P is for the peasants!
cecil77
AG
I thought he meant Dr Pepper.
Thriller
AG
Good thing this isn't the General board...
cecil77
AG
Quote:

2008 DRC La Tache (this one is actually my cost - $2000) 97-WA 96-Burghound
One of the cool things of getting to hang with Dan. I mentioned this bottle to him.

His comment: "Nice bottle of wine... I have a '59."
bularry
cecil77 said:

I thought he meant Dr Pepper.
I did (in the picture)
AlexSAWineguy
AG
I've had that Salon, very tasty and a special treat for me. Delamotte (Blanc de Blancs) is my typical weekend go to. I'm holding to a three pack of 96 Krug for my daughters graduation, first grand child and my retirement.
BSD
AG
We almost ordered a Delamotte for $76 but then I saw Salon and a "decent" price. Game over at that point. Mom only turns 70 once.
Thriller
AG
thoughts on the Rivers Marie flash sale? Keep in mind I can probably only order 1 of the packs. Wish I could order more!
aggiejumper
AG
Some good stuff to backfill. The Panek and Corona Cab pack is nice as is the 2010 Pinot pack. I passed as I have enough RM for now.
Thriller
AG
aggiejumper said:

Some good stuff to backfill. The Panek and Corona Cab pack is nice as is the 2010 Pinot pack. I passed as I have enough RM for now.
Thanks. I was looking at the Pinot Pack myself - I think I'll pick that one up.
BSD
AG
If I could, I would. Nice to see those pop up like that.
Chipotlemonger
AG

Mid-range price wine from Priorat. I love Spanish wine.
HTownAg98
Popped the cork on a 2013 Siduri Santa Rita Hills Pinot Noir tonight. If you can find this and it is under $30, buy all you can. This is a very expressive Pinot, but it isn't jammy or fruit dominate like some wines from this region can be.
BullSprig07
AG
Adam and Diana's wines have been known for being in your face, I feel like they have gotten a little more balanced the last few years. I even heard Adam himself refer to them as "****ty" wines.
First Page Last Page
Page 124 of 301

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.