Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,893,110 Views | 38941 Replies | Last: 25 min ago by Aggie Therapist
Ornithopter
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
MarathonAg12 said:

DubFalls said:

I picked up a Makers Mark limited edition wood stave finished FAE-01 today.

Anybody had it before?

Yep, I reviewed it a couple posts ago on here. A woody Sweet caramel blast! I went out and got another the next day!

Opened it tonight - very, very good. I love the cherry flavors. I'm not sure how to describe the finish, but man is it good.
MarathonAg12
And thus the trading weekend comes to a close. Time to enjoy some bourbon now.

AGBrewer512
DubFalls said:

Anybody had it before?

Marshmallow Bomb! Tons of vanilla and sweet sugar too with a pretty long finish. Great pour.
AGBrewer512
AGBrewer512 said:

DubFalls said:

Anybody had it before?

Marshmallow Bomb! Tons of vanilla and sweet sugar too with a pretty long finish. Great pour.

I only know what it tastes like because MarathonAg12 was kind enough to give me a sample.

I've got a bottle too, just haven't gotten around to opening it cause I have about 5 other bottles currently open that I need to finish off before I bust into a new one.

MW03
AG
MarathonAg12 said:

How I picture your weekends

MarathonAg12
Haha that's awesome
lazuras_dc
AG
MarathonAg12 said:

Care to share what you traded for those?
MarathonAg12
lazuras_dc said:

MarathonAg12 said:

Care to share what you traded for those?

ER, McKenna, KC12s, ECTB, ECBP, W12s, a WFP SP, a Discovery 4 and a MWND. Oh and a EHT SmB.
MW03
AG
I am envious, brother. I can't find anything anymore, and I've lost the heart for the hunt again.
Sazerac
AG
Like what you got way more than what you traded
Bourbon Junkie
Looks like Sam Houston will be releasing a 15 year 103 proof bourbon in May or June. They're sending different samples to bourbon critics to help them choose the target profile.

Great way to get some free publicity because all these critics will be doing shows like this episode of the Bourbon Junkies - .

wessimo
AG
wessimo said:

Daytona22 said:

I was asked to create a poll to keep this all in one place. If you're interested in the dickel pick... please visit the survey monkey site below and notate if you want more than one bottle. Then we can allocate from there.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/SLWY2XT

Any Dickel pick updates?

Dick(el) pic happening or nah?
wessimo
AG
For Houston area peeps Woodford tasting Wednesday evening...
Sazerac
AG
Thats a hell of a deal, wish I would have known sooner
MarathonAg12
Celebrating the end of my active duty Army career. Big thanks to AgBrewer for the sample so I didn't have to crack my GTS just yet. Heading home and going back to school!

RenoAg
So a coworker who knows I am a bourbon enthusiast tells me that he was out to dinner with his wife this past weekend and scored an awesome rare bottle at the restaurant bar after tipping big on their drinks all night. The score? Blantons. They sold it to him for $200. He was extremely excited and proud of himself. Why? Because google tells him that's what it costs when he tries to buy it online.

Unreal. Dude went full tater.
SpiderDude
AG
RenoAg said:

So a coworker who knows I am a bourbon enthusiast tells me that he was out to dinner with his wife this past weekend and scored an awesome rare bottle at the restaurant bar after tipping big on their drinks all night. The score? Blantons. They sold it to him for $200. He was extremely excited and proud of himself. Why? Because google tells him that's what it costs when he tries to buy it online.

GarlandAg2012
AG
RenoAg said:

Full tater or just excited and naive? I wouldn't have the heart to tell him.
the_batman26: I guess yall need this, its something to take pride in. At least the Feds trusted us with the Space Center; and I seem to recall the Feds not having the best time in Dallas.
Bourbon Junkie
RenoAg said:

I'm curious - Did your friend buy a bottle at a restaurant and take it home? Or were they in a group and finished it off while they were eating?

Maybe there are a few states that allow restaurants to sell bottles to go but I don't think Texas would.

htxag09
AG
Don't see why not. Texas allows restaurants to sell wine bottles. They may have a different license but I've definitely done it before
John Francis Donaghy
Think that's a recent change that came with the Covid rules for to-go alcohol from restaurants. Definitely did not used to be able to sell bottles from behind the bar in Texas, but you can now.
Saint Pablo
Congratulations! Thank you for your service.
Icecream_Ag
S
Bourbon Junkie said:

RenoAg said:

I'm curious - Did your friend buy a bottle at a restaurant and take it home? Or were they in a group and finished it off while they were eating?

Maybe there are a few states that allow restaurants to sell bottles to go but I don't think Texas would.

Considering most places have digital tracking on their bottles, they can't sell for less than all the pours by weight (asked a local place about their unopened bottle of gts, wasn't willing to pay whatever the price at $40 per ounce ended up being). So this was either a local place or they get about $200 per bottle anyway
Bourbon Junkie
John Francis Donaghy said:

Think that's a recent change that came with the Covid rules for to-go alcohol from restaurants. Definitely did not used to be able to sell bottles from behind the bar in Texas, but you can now.

Yeah but Texas has a 375ml limit on bottles of distilled spirits.

I'm assuming/hoping the guy didn't pay $200 for a 375ml bottle of regular Blanton's (which I'm pretty sure BT doesn't even make).

Naveronski
AG
I'd just have to let him enjoy it. Never show him this thread.
MarathonAg12
Just don't show him this.....
Bourbon Junkie
Anyone had the Bardstown Discovery 2?

Never had it but I picked up some today just based on how much I like the 4.
lazuras_dc
AG
Bourbon Junkie said:

Anyone had the Bardstown Discovery 2?

Never had it but I picked up some today just based on how much I like the 4.

Let me know how it is. I can't find the IV, but the two is readily available
SpiderDude
AG
Saint Pablo said:

Congratulations! Thank you for your service.

This.
sawemoffshort09
AG
Where are you located that Disc 2 is available? I havent been able to find any of them
Bourbon Junkie
sawemoffshort09 said:

Where are you located that Disc 2 is available? I havent been able to find any of them

Saw 6 of each in a Dallas store today. They now only have 3 of each.

I'm offering each in the trading thread if anyone is interested.
MarathonAg12
Rescued some dusties today.
CTGilley
AG
That is the label I have seen on the new ones as of the last couple months. But I have also seen the other label. I am not sure what they are doing.
AlaskanAg99
AG
Buddy and I have been drinkin' Knob for ages.

We call it: Fishin' at the Crik.

Never seems to end well. I need to really start looking at the new variants, they've really expanded the line and the crik has gone dry in interest over the last several years. I'm an EC homer by far now. Although I do have a Few KC 15yrs in the bunker.

Which reminds me, in Houston, who's got the Elijah Craig store picks lately?
aggie7020
AG
I'm a fan. Have about half a bottle left.
First Page Last Page
Page 617 of 1113

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.