Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,916,002 Views | 39206 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by Bigfootisreal
Agman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Silly
jetch17
AG
That's absurd
Bunk Moreland
Edit. Misread the sticker. Still $100 for EHT Small Batch is ridiculous.
Sazerac
AG
Are people Ever paying these prices??
CactusThomas
AG
No
Bunk Moreland
These guys also list every bottle on ebay looking for a sucker. And there are tons of suckers. Some jack wagon gets a little drunk at night and orders a bottle at an awful price then tells their buddies how they went into a podunk liquor store in bum**** city, America and bought it at msrp.
Outdoorag011
Unfortunately yes. Liquor stores price them this high because the world is full of suckers. I personally know two guys in the last week both pay over $150 for blantons. This is why I am over allocated bottles. Lots of good bourbon that is always on the shelf.
Sixdrakes
AG
AlaskanAg99 said:

Anyone with an empty Bookers box on the west side?
Just want the box for holding cocktail ingredients (bitters) other items. I could use 2.
I have 2 or 3 and I am in the Katy area.
SpiderDude
AG
AlaskanAg99 said:

Just want the box for holding cocktail ingredients (bitters) other items. I could use 2.

Lol... great minds think alike!
Chipotlemonger
AG
Luxardo cherries
Post removed:
by user
Ducks4brkfast
AG
Since texags has made it so easy to post pics we need to start posting more pics. Jim Beam + caffein free Diet Coke is such a great drink. Buffalo Trace with CFDC sucks. But I am out of Beam.
CactusThomas
AG
Are you able to find CFDC at retail? Tired of paying secondary.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
You joke however it has been hard to find since the Coronas started. It's always sold out.
John Francis Donaghy
Ducks4brkfast said:

You joke however it has been hard to find since the Coronas started. It's always sold out.

Who wants caffeine free anything when youre home with the kids all day?
the dude10
AG
If I'm mixing it's usually Coke Zero. And the past few years my go to whiskey for mixing would either be Benchmark or maybe a nice spicy rye. Maybe it's just me but I just can't sip on something neat when I'm eating, I need some good ole carbonation to wash down my food.
RK
AG
Quote:

Jim Beam + caffein free Diet Coke is such a great drink
RenoAg
Sixdrakes said:

AlaskanAg99 said:

I have 2 or 3 and I am in the Katy area.

If you still need it, I think I have 1 or 2.
Sazerac
AG
They have 4 Bookers on the shelf at Specs i10/99 if you want to buy.

Killing a couple hours on the west side of town today. Total Wine west park tollway told me they had ER 1.75, EHT, and Blantons on the shelf in the last week. Company wide policy is now to put everything out a couple bottles at a time.
jwhitlock3
Haven't seen anything on this topic in the last several pages, although I'm sure it's been discussed in here before. What are you guys doing for cocktails? I drink my bourbon neat without water or ice, but I'd like to try possibly shaking things up (ba-dum-tss). Might be an unrealistic ask, but I don't care to be garnishing things with oranges every night and having to track down obscure ingredients. Looking for simple bourbon cocktails. Help me drink more Ags!
SweaterVest
AG
jwhitlock3 said:

Haven't seen anything on this topic in the last several pages, although I'm sure it's been discussed in here before. What are you guys doing for cocktails? I drink my bourbon neat without water or ice, but I'd like to try possibly shaking things up (ba-dum-tss). Might be an unrealistic ask, but I don't care to be garnishing things with oranges every night and having to track down obscure ingredients. Looking for simple bourbon cocktails. Help me drink more Ags!

Bourbon, heavy splash of bitters, and ice for me on the occasion I don't want it neat.
TamuKid
AG
Only ways I consistently drink bourbon:

1) Neat
2) Old Fashioned
3) Bourbon / Soda Water
4) Bourbon / Coke Zero/Coke Zero Vanilla

The frequency, quality of bourbon, and classiness of the get-together all dramatically decrease as you move down that list.

Edit: Oh, I forgot Bourbon / Minute-Maid 5 Cal Lemonade. Probably wedge that one in between 3 and 4, and largely the go-to on pool days.
Sazerac
AG
Sazeracs and Manhattans. Both using Rye.

I primarily drink bourbon neat.
Boulevardier for bitter
Bourbon sour with egg whites for, well, sour.
Sidecar is ok, also sour
Bourbon Smash during the summer
A Toronto, like a Manhattan but with Fernet-Branch

Don't really care for old fashions, too waters down for me. I like bourbon cocktails UP most of the time.
trouble
AG
I like old fashioneds and bourbon milk punch. The recipe for the milk punch is in the cocktails thread.
agcrock2005
AG
Quote:

Don't really care for old fashions, too waters down for me. I like bourbon cocktails UP most of the time.
That's what the $20 cherries are for...lots of flavor for lots of money!
MW03
AG
jwhitlock3 said:

Throw a bottle of orange bitters and a bottle of honey in the pantry. Pick up a bottle of lemon juice that's not from concentrate and throw that in the fridge along with a 4-pack of fever tree tonic.

Sugar + Orange Bitters = quick old fashioned
Honey + Lemon = quick gold rush
Lemon + Tonic = quick BLT
Sugar + Lemon = quick bourbon sour

Best thing I did was use some mason jars to make some batches of syrup. It takes about 90 seconds to make a batch, and then you can just store it in the fridge and use it as needed. I keep honey syrup, simple syrup, and brown sugar syrup that way. Throw some ice in a glass, pour of bourbon, a couple strawfulls of syrup, a quick stir, and you're off.

Ducks4brkfast
AG
jwhitlock3 said:

Bittermilk makes god cocktail mixers.
mazag08
AG
Ducks4brkfast said:

jwhitlock3 said:

Bittermilk makes god cocktail mixers.

Old Fashioned
2 oz bourbon or rye
sugar cube or couple teaspoons of simple syrup (1 cup sugar to 1 cup water boiled and stirred)
Couple dashes of bitters
Optional orange peel
Optional cherry

Manhatten
2 oz bourbon or rye
1 oz Sweet Vermouth (can find at any liquor store or grocery store)
Couple dashes of bitters
Optional orange peel
Optional cherry

Whiskey Sour
2 oz bourbon
1 oz fresh squeezed lemon
sugar cube or couple teaspoons of simple syrup
Optional lemon peel
Optional pour a tiny bit of grenadine to make it a whiskey sunrise
jh0400
AG
cclearman said:

Sazeracs and Manhattans. Both using Rye.

I primarily drink bourbon neat.
Boulevardier for bitter
Bourbon sour with egg whites for, well, sour.
Sidecar is ok, also sour
Bourbon Smash during the summer
A Toronto, like a Manhattan but with Fernet-Branch

I love boulevardiers, but I don't drink enough vermouth to bother with keeping it around.
Cyprian
AG
I have gotten pretty boring here, I mostly stick to an Old Fashioned (sugar cube, eye ball some bitters, splash of water, some ice and then I top it off with my drink of choice. If I have a good Rye whiskey, I usually make a couple of these with it. I don't bother with oranges or cherries.

Otherwise, I just mix with soda (usually diet 7up or Ginger Ale). No exact measuring, my eye's are calibrated to be in tune with my taste from what I can tell.
Sazerac
AG
I keep premixed manhattans in the fridge. I can add a little Campari for a quick boulevardier

You're correct that Vermouth is something that will quickly go bad when opened on a liquor shelf.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
Too early for Weller Wednesday pours?
Sazerac
AG
Never

How did you procure that one?
Ducks4brkfast
AG
I'm in the group that picked the barrel
Sazerac
AG
Which store?
How does that work? They send y'all a bunch of samples of different barrels?
First Page Last Page
Page 474 of 1121

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.