Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,892,264 Views | 38926 Replies | Last: 37 sec ago by txag2008
Post removed:
by user
FriedTex
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Noah's Mill is one of the best deal still out there if you like higher proof bourbon (which you should )
BQRyno
AG
This thread has gotten me started down a dark path...

tx4guns
AG
That looks like a Tuesday night in my house...

BQRyno said:

This thread has gotten me started down a dark path...

BQRyno
AG
Exactly. It's the most bottles I've ever had and my wish list is longer than its ever been.
John Francis Donaghy
BQRyno said:

Exactly. It's the most bottles I've ever had and my wish list is longer than its ever been.

Funny how that works, huh?
BQRyno
AG
Right? 6 of the bottles were for decent secondary prices. Apparently I need to learn to be more patient and find the right stores.
Post removed:
by user
BQRyno
AG
Yeah, patience and the right stores. I haven't seen MWND, ETL, RHF, W12, or OWA. I'm probably in the wrong stores. Definitely open to suggestions on Houston shops. I'm in fort bend county but don't mind driving around town.
Post removed:
by user
BQRyno
AG
Good to know. The one store I've spent the most time at because it's the closest independently owned just doesn't seem to get any good stuff. Their prices are all over the place too. Stagg Jr for 50 is about right while EH Taylor Single Barrel and Small Batch run 100, which is the highest I've ever seen it in a store. It may be time to find a new place to frequent.
FriedTex
AG
The hunt is part of the fun! (Kind of) Lots of odd conversations with clerks asking what I want and me knowing they don't have it
GigemCO2008
AG
Starting down this glorious path

Live in Cypress, any good recommendations on where to find a bottle of Blantons?
Goody Good and Specs didn't have any
Please forgive me for not reading all 8k posts if this has already been discussed
Buck Compton
AG
GigemCO2008 said:

Live in Cypress, any good recommendations on where to find a bottle of Blantons?
Please forgive me for not reading all 8k posts if this has already been discussed
Most Spec's have it but don't put it on shelf. Ask for it from the back.
BQRyno
AG
Interesting. Mine used to put it in the cabinet, but they don't even have a spot for it there anymore. I never considered that they might have it in the back.
Farmer1906
AG
Buck Compton said:

GigemCO2008 said:

Most specs I've been to don't have it on the shelf or in the back.
Buck Compton
AG
aggie1906 said:

Buck Compton said:

GigemCO2008 said:

I've been to four in Dallas that have it. Same with Rowan's creek, eagle rare, etc. they hold them all back.

I've gotten 6-7 Blanton in the last 6 months for gifts and they've kept a pretty good supply.
Farmer1906
AG
Buck Compton said:

aggie1906 said:

Buck Compton said:

GigemCO2008 said:

I've been to four in Dallas that have it. Same with Rowan's creek, eagle rare, etc. they hold them all back.

I've gotten 6-7 Blanton in the last 6 months for gifts and they've kept a pretty good supply.

I've not been to a few in Houston. Eagle Rare is usually on the shelf. Rowan is a little more uncommon but usually on the shelf.

The last employee I spoke to about Blantons with said it sold out really quick.
Fall92
AG
What Buck said. I've picked up 2 Blanton's and 1 W12 at Spec's in Houston (2 different ones) just by asking for it. Also, to the guy looking for OWA- the Spec's on Weslayan had some last week. Picked up a bottle w/ the new label.
BQRyno
AG
Finally found a good Houston shop. Picked up Smooth Ambler Old Scout Single Barrel and and Straight Bourbon and an Old Forrester 1920. There was a whole lot more that I wish I could have bought.
plowboy1065
S
BQRyno said:

Finally found a good Houston shop. Picked up Smooth Ambler Old Scout Single Barrel and and Straight Bourbon and an Old Forrester 1920. There was a whole lot more that I wish I could have bought.

Well?
BQRyno
AG
Oh, it's Ly's Liquor on Navigation. Right near the original Ninfa's. Should have taken a picture of their shelves. Next time.
BQRyno
AG
And they had a display loaded with SAOS Single Barrel for $55 each (I think).
plowboy1065
S
Nice
aggiemike89
AG
If you need a hookup for Blantons in cypress area, PM me. I can help.
plowboy1065
S
I found a new stash pretty dang close to your office today
aggiemike89
AG
Cool. In FF?
plowboy1065
S
Yes sir. The new one across the street from the other in FF
aggiemike89
AG
Good deal. What did they want for it? I bought a whitmeyers bp from them back at Christmas.
plowboy1065
S
I think it was $63
GigemCO2008
AG
Plowboy,

Mind sharing the name of the joint. AggieMike let me know about some spots to hit when I get back from offshore.
Post removed:
by user
BQRyno
AG
Apparently the owner of Nasa liquor and Ly's are sisters. Just a fun fact.
Wheatables02
AG
My brother in laws father in law, was the reason I got into bourbon about 16 months ago.

Went to his house for his grand son's 1st birthday, or my nephew. We talked bourbon and drank for a while. He gifted me a pre -fire Elijah Craig 23 as he had 7 in his bunker!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post removed:
by user
First Page Last Page
Page 227 of 1113

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.