Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,824,721 Views | 38295 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by Aggie Therapist
Fall92
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Houston folks- B19 has 3 of the 4 BTACs. And a bunch of cougars of course.
Wheatables02
AG
Fall92 said:

Houston folks- B19 has 3 of the 4 BTACs. And a bunch of cougars of course.
I'm assuming these aren't at retail? If they are someone get me a WLW and ER17 ha!!
Post removed:
by user
tx4guns
AG
B19 is a restaurant/bar.
Wheatables02
AG
Doh.

Buy them and send them to me anyway!!!!
bevokilla
AG
BQRyno said:

Good to know. The one store I've spent the most time at because it's the closest independently owned just doesn't seem to get any good stuff. Their prices are all over the place too. Stagg Jr for 50 is about right while EH Taylor Single Barrel and Small Batch run 100, which is the highest I've ever seen it in a store. It may be time to find a new place to frequent.
First Choice on 99?
BQRyno
AG
bevokilla said:

BQRyno said:

Good to know. The one store I've spent the most time at because it's the closest independently owned just doesn't seem to get any good stuff. Their prices are all over the place too. Stagg Jr for 50 is about right while EH Taylor Single Barrel and Small Batch run 100, which is the highest I've ever seen it in a store. It may be time to find a new place to frequent.
First Choice on 99?

Ha! You nailed it. Know any alternatives around there? I'm going to check out the Total Wine they're putting in at 99 and Westpark once it opens, but would like to find a locally owned. Otherwise I'll start driving downtown to visit Ly's more often.
Wheatables02
AG
Gave up alcohol for Lent. Here we go. I started a week late because it's still 40 days and 40 nights until Easter.
bevokilla
AG
BQRyno said:

bevokilla said:

BQRyno said:

First Choice on 99?

Ha! You nailed it. Know any alternatives around there? I'm going to check out the Total Wine they're putting in at 99 and Westpark once it opens, but would like to find a locally owned. Otherwise I'll start driving downtown to visit Ly's more often.
For 1 offs? Nope I haven't found anything. I have been going to Goody Goody on 6 when I need something on the shelf until the Total Wine opens.

I am so sick of First Choice. Their prices for everyday liqours are too high and they gave me the run around during "Pappy Season" this year. For a small liquor store with Total Wine moving in 1 exit down, I guess they think they will survive just fine but I think they are going to see a pretty significant drop. Their Buffalo Trace 1.75s are $5 higher than Goody Goody and Titos is about the same $5 premium.

He told me they got 1 Pappy 15 and sold it to a regular for $550 and they didn't get any BTAC. He told me to keep calling about the BTAC but every time I called I got the same story about how high the prices were on the Pappy no matter how many times I told him I didn't want Pappy.
Mathguy64
AG
Wheatables02 said:

Gave up alcohol for Lent. Here we go. I started a week late because it's still 40 days and 40 nights until Easter.
Giving up buying or drinking? Because one leaves more bottles for the rest of us to scrounge.
BQRyno
AG
That sounds about right, and it's unfortunate. I guess I'll make my visits to Goody Goody, Total Wine (when it opens), and Ly's when I make it downtown.
Farmer1906
AG
Wheatables02 said:

Ditto.

I've had a few stressful nights where it was calling my name.
Wheatables02
AG
mathguy86 said:

Wheatables02 said:

Giving up buying or drinking? Because one leaves more bottles for the rest of us to scrounge.

Will still hunt around the times new releases are expected e.g. EHT Four Wood...
BQRyno
AG
Anyone on here going to the Houston Whiskey Social?

www.HoustonWhiskeySocial.com
bonfiresmoke
BQRyno said:

That looks like a lot of fun. I may have to consider going.
dummble
AG
I stopped by Ly's today since I was already in 5th ward. That place was great. She was great. The prices were great. Great great great. I got a Russel's Reserve and Smooth Ambler Single Barrel 11yr. I wish i had more money to blow.
BQRyno
AG
dummble said:

I stopped by Ly's today since I was already in 5th ward. That place was great. She was great. The prices were great. Great great great. I got a Russel's Reserve and Smooth Ambler Single Barrel 11yr. I wish i had more money to blow.

Right? I was picky and spent a quick 160. It's a good thing I don't live closer.
BQRyno
AG
bonfiresmoke said:

BQRyno said:

That looks like a lot of fun. I may have to consider going.

Nice. That's about where I'm at. May pull the trigger on a VIP ticket and see if I can find someone else who does the same. I like to go to events with company.
plowboy1065
S
BQRyno said:

dummble said:

Right? I was picky and spent a quick 160. It's a good thing I don't live closer.

How much do they get for SASB 11?
dummble
AG
$55.99

They had a bunch of bottles between 9 year and 11 year and a lot of different proofs. I think the best way do do it would be for you to buy every single barrel number, report back on the best one. Then I will go get one more bottle of that one.
plowboy1065
S
Thanks. Just checking on the price of the 3 bottles of 11yr I have waiting for me from my guy
BQRyno
AG
plowboy1065 said:

Thanks. Just checking on the price of the 3 bottles of 11yr I have waiting for me from my guy

What's your guy's price?
plowboy1065
S
$53.99
EnronAg
AG
Looking for Elmer T Lee for a good buddy in Houston. Anyone know where I may find that? And how much should I expect to pay for a bottle?
Post removed:
by user
BeardofZeus01
AG
Lots of bottles on Bottle Spot for $80. Like thirdcoast said, retail, if you can find it, is typically $38-45. I've purchased off Bottle Spot before and never had any issues, its essentially a classified site for booze. And I've always been able to negotiate my bottles down some.
EnronAg
AG
Thank ya'll
TGoll09
AG
My gambling addiction finally paid off! I hit on a Powerball for an EH Taylor Barrel Proof last night
BQRyno
AG
What fb groups do you recommend for this? I've seen MegaBollz, but that's it. I haven't done a ton of searching.
dummble
AG
Does anyone in Houston want to trade an unopened shelfie for an unopened bottle of Rowan's Creek. For some reason I bought two and am just not that big of a fan. I think I am in it for $37 but would gladly trade for a Woodford Reserve or Eagle Rare.
TGoll09
AG
Shoot me an email and I'll get you set up in a fb group.
Wheatables02
AG
TGoll09 said:

My gambling addiction finally paid off! I hit on a Powerball for an EH Taylor Barrel Proof last night
Ha! I got a Weller Antique Store pick a few weeks ago. Congrats!
Robert C. Christian
AG
Very much a newbie bourbon question. What is a "store pick"?
BQRyno
AG
FrioAg said:

Very much a newbie bourbon question. What is a "store pick"?
The distilleries select specific barrels/bottles for stores and put a sticker or label on the bottle with that store's name. They're basically the cream of the crop.
Ringo88
AG
Yep, someone from the store staff ( typically the owner and his friends or manager) takes a fun trip to the distillery, gets a tour of the rickhouses, and gets to taste and choose individual barrels. The fun part comes when they actually empty the barrels. Evaporation affects product volume, hence the price of the barrel's contents. Low evap rate means a really expensive purchase. A store pick can be outstanding, based on the palate of the store rep.
Barton 1792 sends 3-4 sample vials to a store and the distributor records the choice. Not nearly as fun.
First Page Last Page
Page 228 of 1095

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.