Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,750,437 Views | 37555 Replies | Last: 1 min ago by Brauny
Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
plowboy1065
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
I think it was $50ish. Will drop by tomorrow and check
plowboy1065
S
I think it was $50ish. Will drop by tomorrow and check
Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
TGoll09
AG
Wheatables02 said:

Mr. McGibblets said:

Ohhhhh yea!

so Jelly. WLW is my unicorn. Tried it once. Never been able to find it.

What's your contact info, Wheatables? I know you're local. WLW was my unicorn, but I was lucky enough to hit a lottery for one this year. I'd be happy to share a pour with a fellow Ag. My wife doesn't drink, and none of my friends or family are bourbon nerds like me. Good bourbon is meant to be shared, no sense hoarding it all for myself
Ducks4brkfast
Post removed:
by user
Mr. McGibblets
AG
$50 is retail.
Post removed:
by user
Wheatables02
AG
TGoll09 said:

Wheatables02 said:

Mr. McGibblets said:

Ohhhhh yea!

What's your contact info, Wheatables? I know you're local. WLW was my unicorn, but I was lucky enough to hit a lottery for one this year. I'd be happy to share a pour with a fellow Ag. My wife doesn't drink, and none of my friends or family are bourbon nerds like me. Good bourbon is meant to be shared, no sense hoarding it all for myself
awesome. shoot me an email at d k u b I n s k y at g m a i l .com, we'll work on a bourbon get together sometime. I can crack open my Thomas H Handy in return.
Fall92
AG
I bought a bottle of Stagg Jr. from Wheatables C&S Dallas to Houston and can vouch for him.
"I did nothing. I did absolutely nothing, and it was everything that I thought it could be."
TGoll09
AG
Wheatables02 said:

TGoll09 said:

Wheatables02 said:

Mr. McGibblets said:

Ohhhhh yea!

awesome. shoot me an email at d k u b I n s k y at g m a i l .com, we'll work on a bourbon get together sometime. I can crack open my Thomas H Handy in return.

Email sent
EnronAg
AG
Need to get a friend a bottle of bourbon for his birthday. Like you all on this board, he knows his stuff. So I know it will be difficult, but what are some other reasonably priced bourbons that are "fairly" difficult (not impossible) to find...kind of along the lines of a Weller 12 or Blantons. Just would like to grab him something that is not on all the shelves.
Post removed:
by user
BeardofZeus01
AG
What's your budget? If you don't need it within a few days, the secondary market may be your best bet. Trying to track something down in the stores may be tough depending on what your looking for. May even be some contributors on this board willing to part with something unique within your budget.
RenoAg
third coast.. said:

I TRIED TO HAVE THIS ENTIRE THREAD OVER TO DRINK, BUT ONLY RENO WAS GAME

Bunch o lame no drinkin mo fos. Htown you disappoint me.
Post removed:
by user
BeardofZeus01
AG
Sorry TC, I think you're SOL on this board trying to unload your handles of OC. I'm not thinking anyone else values them the way you do ... but your tenacity is inspiring!
Post removed:
by user
FriedTex
AG
If you do end up unloading two oz samples of Blatons SFTB I'd be extremely grateful

It's one of those bottles I'd love to try but don't want to lose my shirt on
Wheatables02
AG
FriedTex said:

If you do end up unloading two oz samples of Blatons SFTB I'd be extremely grateful

It's one of those bottles I'd love to try but don't want to lose my shirt on
send me a PM. I'd be glad to swap 2 oz for a sample of something you have that I haven't tried.
Wheatables02
AG
third coast.. said:

i think you are completely overestimating what i value them at. ~50 is not anywhere close to overvalued. it fits the bill of what this guy is looking for, as you will not generally find them on a shelf, at least this old. that bottle was barreled NLT 1997, and most likely before. while it isnt a high proofer or a BiB bottle, its still cool drinking bottle to have!
I have an Old Charter 8 liter but if it was an OC10 I'd be game.
Post removed:
by user
Chipotlemonger
AG
https://instagr.am/p/BRJULcIFMPr

Are these worth a buy?
bonfiresmoke
It is good to see an OC fan here. I never could drink the 8 yr. It always tasted a little green to me. I have a few bottle of 10 yr left and three handles of the 12 yr. I used to love the OC Proprietors Reserve 13 yr old. That was some good stuff.
Farmer1906
AG
I love me some Noah's. Wallet is good too. Never had the Kentucky Vintage
John Francis Donaghy
Chipotlemonger said:

Are these worth a buy?

They're all decent bourbons. But they are not rarities, and they are not limited in supply. You can buy any of those at any given time right off the shelf at any liquor store with a decent bourbon aisle.

That store is trying to drive sales by creating an illusion of rarity for everyday type stuff.
Chipotlemonger
AG
third coast.. said:

yea, they did it with WSR a while back hahaha

Yes I figured a lot of it was just a selling tactic!

I've never had Noah's before, what price can I expect?
Farmer1906
AG
Going off memory I think around 40. High proof but doesn't have crazy heat.
HouseDivided06
AG
I generally see it from $42-$45 or so. One of my favorites. Actually out of it for the first time in a long time, but haven't seen it at Spec's or Goody Goody in Dallas lately.
aggiemike89
AG
Wheatables02 said:

third coast.. said:

i think you are completely overestimating what i value them at. ~50 is not anywhere close to overvalued. it fits the bill of what this guy is looking for, as you will not generally find them on a shelf, at least this old. that bottle was barreled NLT 1997, and most likely before. while it isnt a high proofer or a BiB bottle, its still cool drinking bottle to have!
I have an Old Charter 8 liter but if it was an OC10 I'd be game.
Hey Wheatables, I found some OC 10 on the shelf. Bought a couple of bottles for plowboy yesterday. There were another 3-5 on the shelf when I left. I picked two up a couple of them two weeks ago. If you want, I could pick them up for you and c+s? They are 750 ml and are $28/each.
Credible Source
AG
Chipotlemonger said:

Are these worth a buy?

That Willet pot Still is one of my favorites. Grab one
First Page Last Page
Page 226 of 1074

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.