Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,882,871 Views | 38852 Replies | Last: 10 hrs ago by AgDev01
jh0400
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Wheatables02 said:

jh0400 said:

plowboy1065 said:

Specs at Smith St has some Markers Mark Private Select in stock. These are Specs picks that had different oak staves put in each barrel. Not sure how many are left but it did seem from FB post that they were going quickly. 110 proof

I grabbed one. I've been trying to track down a bottle of 46 cask strength for a while, and this appears to be the closest I'll get.

Anymore left and cost? I may need a c + s

They had several @ $65.
aggiemike89
AG
third coast.. said:

anyone on here want to trade? one of these is for me, one for tx4guns and i wouldnt mind trading the third for something cool. old charter 8 year from 2002 or so. 1.75 liter. Im sipping on an OC10 from about the same time right now and it is hitting the spot.

Do you know when they switched from this label to the newer labels? I came across one of these with this label on it. I started to pick it up but didn't. I found some OC 10 in the wild a couple of weeks ago and picked up a bottle. Plowboy, did you go out and get any of those that I told you about?
TGoll09
AG
Wheatables02 said:

jh0400 said:

plowboy1065 said:

Specs at Smith St has some Markers Mark Private Select in stock. These are Specs picks that had different oak staves put in each barrel. Not sure how many are left but it did seem from FB post that they were going quickly. 110 proof

I grabbed one. I've been trying to track down a bottle of 46 cask strength for a while, and this appears to be the closest I'll get.

Wheatables, you're in flomo right? Spec's Lewisville has some of the Maker's Private Select. I bought 2 today to c+s to some friends
Wheatables02
AG
TGoll09 said:

Wheatables02 said:

jh0400 said:

plowboy1065 said:

Wheatables, you're in flomo right? Spec's Lewisville has some of the Maker's Private Select. I bought 2 today to c+s to some friends

Sweet, how many left?
Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
TGoll09
AG
They had 4 or 5 left I think. Staves were:
1 Baked American pure 2
3 Seared French cuvee
3 Makers 46
3 Roasted French mocha
Goody Goody also has a pick that is:
4 Baked American pure 2
0 Seared French cuvee
6 Maker's 46
0 Roasted French mocha
Post removed:
by user
Wheatables02
AG
Goody goody highland village?
TGoll09
AG
Yes
Wheatables02
AG
third coast.. said:

i didnt even look at which ones i saw today. are those supposed to be highly rated bottles? i havent read up on any of them.

I have heard a lot of good things, especially since they're wheaters with diff flavor profiles.
jh0400
AG
jayelbee said:

Just grabbed a bottle of the Belle Meade 10 year / Single Barrel. They had bottles from a few different barrels and I grabbed one that hit just under 120.

I've been eyeing all of the different variants and finishes, but was hesitant for the price tag. Finally pulled the trigger on this. I wish I could find a tasting to line up the Sherry, Cognac, and Madera finished ones with the regular.

I've got a Madeira, and my boss bought a Cognac. We're trying to talk another guy into buying a Sherry so we can do a side-by-side-by-side.
Wheatables02
AG
Bought both today. Thank you sir!
TGoll09
AG
Nice. Let us know what you think of them
jsn1986
AG
jh0400 said:

I've got a Madeira, and my boss bought a Cognac. We're trying to talk another guy into buying a Sherry so we can do a side-by-side-by-side.
Haven't had those, but I really enjoyed the Sherry. I thought it was worth the ~$65 price tag. I thought i heard a while back that they were going to stop making it.
Ringo88
AG
jsn1986,
I'd heard that also, but had an in-person conversation at their distillery with one of the Nelson brothers this summer. He chuckled at there actually being any fun rumors about their product and , no, they aren't discontinuing what is now their bestselling bottle. Good stuff!
Post removed:
by user
plowboy1065
S
It's a fun little hobby
Wheatables02
AG
Anyone in DFW have an interest in Blanton's? I have a half full bottle of Blanton's Special Reserve and an almost full bottle of Blanton's gold that I am looking to unload. They were both opened on December 28th and have been stored in a dark, cool cabinet.

PM me or email me at d k u b i n s k y at g m a i l .com for details.
AlaskanAg99
AG
These are both imports? I'd be interest in 2oz each just to try them.
claybot
AG
Email sent
Wheatables02
AG
They are and I would consider samples if claybot falls through,
AlaskanAg99
AG
Sure no worries. I've never had them and I'm curious. I intend to hunt them down in the future anyway.
Wheatables02
AG
AlaskanAg99 said:

Sure no worries. I've never had them and I'm curious. I intend to hunt them down in the future anyway.
They are both imports. You can order them from masterofmalt.com when available. The only downside is shipping is expensive so you are better off ordering 3 or 4 bottles. I ordered all three of the Blanton's imports, SFTB, Gold, and SR. I like STFB however its not a "wow" for me like GTS or ECBP. I didn't care much for the other ones and I don't really care for regular Blanton's either.
claybot
AG
AlaskanAg, we can work out something for samples once I pick up the bottles from Wheatables. Shoot me an email.
Fall92
AG
FYI- the Spec's in mid-town Houston has OF SB, 1870 and 1920. They also had some MMPS, one of which I bought.
Mr. McGibblets
AG
Ohhhhh yea!

Post removed:
by user
Mr. McGibblets
AG
Can't beat $50 a pop on the 1.75 and $200 on the WLW
Fall92
AG
third coast.. said:

my wife got me this barrel for my bday and i finally filled it up with OWA.

Digging the anchor and wheel on the barrel.
Mr. McGibblets
AG
The 2016 WLW is selling for $575. Made out pretty good.
plowboy1065
S
I just saw some ER 1.75 a few days ago if you'd like me to swing back by
Wheatables02
AG
Mr. McGibblets said:

Ohhhhh yea!

so Jelly. WLW is my unicorn. Tried it once. Never been able to find it.
First Page Last Page
Page 225 of 1111

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.