Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,860,007 Views | 38613 Replies | Last: 33 min ago by Bulldog73
Buck Compton
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Any of your high-end wine guys end up high on the list. All I have close to me with a decent regular selection is a specs. I spent quite a bit last year and only got a W12.
schmellba99
AG
third coast.. said:

thats what is crazy to me, the garbage of yesteryear is the gold of today. crazy.

I remain convinced that a lot of that is purely a hype/the good old days must have been better type of mentality.
Post removed:
by user
TexasRebel
AG
While not exquisite. You could've done much worse.
Credible Source
AG
I drank Sunny Brook in college....lots of it
Wheatables02
AG
Kentucky Owl is outta control. Was going for $300 a few months ago and now I'm watching an auction to where is already at $1060. Anyone tried this nonsense?
tx4guns
AG
Owl is tater juice. They won't reveal the source, all hype. It's marketing and prices driven by a small group of people. They manipulate the market to inflate the value bc they are the ones with dozens of them bunkered away. I won't touch it.
Post removed:
by user
Wheatables02
AG
third coast.. said:

like the dude that posted a pic of 30 of them with another reported 50 in the bunker or something. ridiculous. BUT. id buy every single one in the wild to flip.

Agree!
tx4guns
AG
Maybe so, but you won't find them in the wild bc they're only sold in KY, and dudes like those make them impossible to find.
Ringo88
AG
Just announced...
11 barrels/ 710 bottles of 25 year Old Rip Van Winkle distilled in 1989 at Stitzel-Weller Distillery, moved to Buffalo Trace in 2002, tanked in 2014, will be released this April. MSRP "only" $1,800. Guess we'll see how deep the rabbit hole goes...
Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
FriedTex
AG
I just don't get why you'd pay 10k for booze
Ringo88
AG
Well, the OFC secondary won't reveal itself until later Spring once the March 1 charity deadline is well past completion.

Fried Tex, you're right... you don't buy that kind of stuff to drink. Kind of like a $100k Beretta shotgun, it turns into something other than its originally intended use.
Post removed:
by user
Ringo88
AG
Not sure I understand what you mean. Do you mean a bourbon club? The charities holding them have until March 1 to unload them and report back how much money was raised. Once they're in private hands, I anticipate them starting to be moved and traded.
Post removed:
by user
Ringo88
AG
Got it; yeah Kentucky is trying to pass House Bill 100 which would allow for the private sale of "vintage liquors" to retail liquor establishments. The Sazerac Company is fighting it hard, I've heard. Between now and then, Sazerac has been all over the "Craigslisting" of any vintage whiskeys within their brands.
There was apparently one charity group who served vintage OFC as part of an exclusive tasting event, so now there are only 199 left at best.
AlaskanAg99
AG
FriedTex said:

Money>Brains
FriedTex
AG
AlaskanAg99 said:

FriedTex said:

Money>Brains

I get that. Just so much of our world is brains = money. So how do these morons have this much disposable income? Could be just an out of control addiction to the hobby that now equals a bunch of debt

Either way, I judge the hell out of them
Federale01
AG
Has anyone else see a regional difference when it comes to availability for some of these hard to find bourbons? I tried like hell to find Blanton's for my brother over Christmas. No one in Austin had it. One guy at Total Wine chuckled when I asked.

Meanwhile, I just got back from a trip to the east coast and I came back with four bottles. The places I went had plenty. Is it being a southern state that makes it more popular here? I just don't understand why it's hard to find here and was easy to find in a large east coast city.
Buck Compton
AG
Federale01 said:

Has anyone else see a regional difference when it comes to availability for some of these hard to find bourbons? I tried like hell to find Blanton's for my brother over Christmas. No one in Austin had it. One guy at Total Wine chuckled when I asked.

Meanwhile, I just got back from a trip to the east coast and I came back with four bottles. The places I went had plenty. Is it being a southern state that makes it more popular here? I just don't understand why it's hard to find here and was easy to find in a large east coast city.
Girly men from the north drink clear alcohols...

But seriously, yes, it is a regional demand thing.
anonymousAg05
AG
When I was in Nashville there was a whole display with about 15 bottles of blantons at the liquor store I went to.
FriedTex
AG
I'm in Indiana and can always find it. If you need a c&s for that or four roses barrel proof just ask
Buck Compton
AG
anonymousAg05 said:

When I was in Nashville there was a whole display with about 15 bottles of blantons at the liquor store I went to.
And to be fair, it really isn't that hard to find in Texas either.
Farmer1906
AG
Buck Compton said:

anonymousAg05 said:

It is around here.
Señor Chang
AG
Just a heads up, the Twin Liquors dollar sale starts tomorrow.
Ezra Brooks
AG
aggie1906 said:

Buck Compton said:

anonymousAg05 said:

It is around here.
It has been scarce for me in the "Upper East Side" of Houston....I've gotten one bottle at Specs in Kingwood and they had it in the back.

The other store I frequent is rather new independent and they've told me they are allocated 3 bottles a month.
plowboy1065
S
Specs at Smith St has some Markers Mark Private Select in stock. These are Specs picks that had different oak staves put in each barrel. Not sure how many are left but it did seem from FB post that they were going quickly. 110 proof
Post removed:
by user
jh0400
AG
plowboy1065 said:

Specs at Smith St has some Markers Mark Private Select in stock. These are Specs picks that had different oak staves put in each barrel. Not sure how many are left but it did seem from FB post that they were going quickly. 110 proof

I grabbed one. I've been trying to track down a bottle of 46 cask strength for a while, and this appears to be the closest I'll get.
jh0400
AG
Federale01 said:

I stopped into a Trader Joe's in Santa Rosa, CA that not only had Blanton's sitting but also Suntory Hibiki, Yamazaki, and Nikka Coffey. I haven't seen Hibiki or Yamazaki in a while, and it was collecting dust out there.
John Francis Donaghy
jh0400 said:

Federale01 said:

I stopped into a Trader Joe's in Santa Rosa, CA that not only had Blanton's sitting but also Suntory Hibiki, Yamazaki, and Nikka Coffey. I haven't seen Hibiki or Yamazaki in a while, and it was collecting dust out there.

I saw multiple bottles each of Blantons and Stagg Jr. Collecting dust at regular retail prices in Petaluma last week. Californians must not be as consumed by the bourbon crazy as other places
Wheatables02
AG
jh0400 said:

plowboy1065 said:

I grabbed one. I've been trying to track down a bottle of 46 cask strength for a while, and this appears to be the closest I'll get.

Anymore left and cost? I may need a c + s
First Page Last Page
Page 224 of 1104

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.