Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,908,093 Views | 39073 Replies | Last: 29 min ago by Reginald Cousins
FlyFish95
How long do you want to ignore this user?
"Lists." Ha!
Beerbelly2002
AG
It was $400 for the PVW 23 at GG. I have only spent about $100 at this Houston location.

I work downtown and either go to Smith St. Specs or the mom and pop down the street that has sold me BTAC in past years. The mom and pop won't hold anything for me, but if I come by on the day it arrives I have a pretty good shot. They will tell me the days that their distributor is delivering throughout November and December.
FlyFish95
$400 for PVW 23 isn't bad at all. You could easily flip it for 3x that.
WhiskeyBusiness
AG
Or trade it for some delicious Bookers rye. Im still searching for a bottle of BR.
FlyFish95
aggieREX11 said:

Or trade it for some delicious Bookers rye. Im still searching for a bottle of BR.
Even Steven?
SouthTexasAg06
AG
Try close to 5X. PVW23 is currently going for around $1800 in the secondary market

I didn't get a call from GG either but was able to score a GTS and WLW from a local mom and pop store
WhiskeyBusiness
AG
SouthTexasAg06 said:

Try close to 5X. PVW23 is currently going for around $1800 in the secondary market

I didn't get a call from GG either but was able to score a GTS and WLW from a local mom and pop store

What city?
FlyFish95
SouthTexasAg06 said:

I backed out of the game a couple of years ago. Nice to see it's still inflating.
Wheatables02
AG
DryFly said:

SouthTexasAg06 said:

I backed out of the game a couple of years ago. Nice to see it's still inflating.

Good decision. Bookers Rye has gone from secondary of $425 to $700 in 6 weeks. I'm only buying what I find in stores at retail price and am minimizing hunting to my local shop and lotteries.
RenoAg
Insanity reigns. It feels like 1980s baseball card markets. Except these bottles are genuinely scarce in comparison.

I've heard some suggest BR will be at $1000 or more by the spring. The juice is spectacular though. Have a bottle open at home. But is any booze really worth that? I don't think I can open my other BR bottles with the price this high. I'll probably sell those.
Daytona22
AG
No word from Houston Wine Merchant having their annual lottery? I missed out on the GG one. I didn't realize I needed my card number until too late.

I agree RenoAg - It's going to be really hard to want to open the second bottle of BR if it reaches that price. I've already drank half of the one that is open. Stuff is really good..
Post removed:
by user
plowboy1065
S
Your card number for GG is your phone number you signed up with
SouthTexasAg06
AG
2 went today for $700 each, I think you're settling the bar low
FlyFish95
Really don't understand why someone would pay $700 for a bottle of liquor.
RenoAg
Secondary went bananas on BR in just the literal last few days.
Post removed:
by user
SouthTexasAg06
AG
Yup, i wouldn't be surprised if it hit $1k in a month.
FriedTex
AG
Ha, should have bought that bottle I found in Kingwood for 450
SouthTexasAg06
AG
Yup, could have made max profitzzz
aggiemike89
AG
Happened to be in a Costco earlier in the year when Booker's Rye came out. They had one left at $300 but I just bought a new 9mm and didn't want to fork over the cash. Should have pulled the trigger on the rye in hindsight. Oh well. Such is life.
Fall92
AG
Picked up a bottle of Blanton's (waitlist) and EHTSmB at the Spec's on Weslayan yesterday. Booker's was all gone. Kicking myself for not getting a bottle of EHT Rye while I was there.
plowboy1065
S
aggiemike89 said:

Happened to be in a Costco earlier in the year when Booker's Rye came out. They had one left at $300 but I just bought a new 9mm and didn't want to fork over the cash. Should have pulled the trigger on the rye in hindsight. Oh well. Such is life.

Abs then I passed on it
aggiemike89
AG
Somebody needs to kick both of us in the asz plowboy for passing on that juice.
reveille23
Came across a bottle of OF 1920 today, should I pull the trigger on it? Haven't heard much about it. OFBB gets a lot of love though
Stan Crowch
AG
Fall92 said:

Picked up a bottle of Blanton's (waitlist) and EHTSmB at the Spec's on Weslayan yesterday. Booker's was all gone. Kicking myself for not getting a bottle of EHT Rye while I was there.
Costco on Richmond has a ton of Bookers priced at $60. I passed on it as I don't like it at $60 and I definitely don't like it at $100.
plowboy1065
S
Got a text earlier with a bottle of GTS and WLW from my guy. I prepared my bunghole for a good reaming while I responded how much. Almost shat myself when he replied $99 each
the dude10
AG
Congrats, most of us in this thread now hate you haha. Sounds like your guy came through, wish mine would have.
Fall92
AG
Stan- Spec's had the Booker's for $49.99. Would have bought a bottle or two at that price.
RenoAg
Nothing special but I really like the 1920. I'd buy it to drink it. Good value in my opinion. Not a bottle to flip if that's what you wanted to know. I'm also not much of an ofbb fan at all. Not that it's bad. Just not worth the hype or price tag. Very average bourbon to my palate. Call me a heretic but I'd much rather drink that 1920 instead.
FriedTex
AG
Reno you are spot on OFBB is garbage (was ok in 2013) the 1920 is pretty good at $60. There are others at that price point that are better, but if you like a variety of high proof bourbons then I would get it. I have a couple bottles myself

Also picked up a 1792 Full Proof today, hope it's decent
Wheatables02
AG
FriedTex said:

Reno you are spot on OFBB is garbage (was ok in 2013) the 1920 is pretty good at $60. There are others at that price point that are better, but if you like a variety of high proof bourbons then I would get it. I have a couple bottles myself

Also picked up a 1792 Full Proof today, hope it's decent

Full proof is a flavor bomb. A little too much if you ask me. I got a high rye from a friend and will try it soon.
AggieStout
AG
I just started to lurk on this board. Figured I would give some intel out, saw a bottle of Mitcher's Barrel stregth rye at the specs in Round Round sitting in the glass case against the wall when you walk in. If any of yall are interested.
tx4guns
AG
I'm doing C+S on a Michters 10 if anyone is interested. Cost me $135. PM if interested.
First Page Last Page
Page 203 of 1117

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.