Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,848,665 Views | 38494 Replies | Last: 8 min ago by AlaskanAg99
Daytona22
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I found a THH today and will gladly c+s it at well... Only $449 haha. I laughed at the guy as I walked out.
FlyFish95
tx4guns said:

I'm doing C+S on a Michters 10 if anyone is interested. Cost me $135. PM if interested.
Never had it. On a scale of 1-10?
tx4guns
AG
It's not as good as 2014 and before, but still very solid. I'd rate it in the mid 80s with a good OWA pick being a 90.
jsn1986
AG
malibuVLX said:

No word from Houston Wine Merchant having their annual lottery?
No word that I know of. Looks like their twitter hasn't been active in a month. Last I heard there should be an email out on their mailing list, but haven't seen an email since I got on the list a month ago.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
The annual cluster f is gonna occur sometime after the new year
Hugo Stiglitzz
Local store has a bottle of 10yr ORVW for $450.

Is that a reasonable price?

Ducks4brkfast
AG
You bet your ****ing ass it's reasonable
Wheatables02
AG
???????

Secondary value is $325
Farmer1906
AG
You have the tiniest thumb nail ever.
plowboy1065
S
Overpriced but you're not likely to find another in the wild. You can buy cheaper off one of the FB groups
Hudson2508
AG
Is there much demand for Noah's Mill? Found a bottle today and may go back for another.
tx4guns
AG
Paid too much, but I got the big 3. Only ones I really like in the BTAC. Cheers!

Two Down
AG
I have had this sitting in my office forever and had forgotten. Think I paid ~$100 for it in 2014. As you can tell, it does not see much use, as I am not a huge bourbon drinker to begin with.

WhiskeyBusiness
AG
You can send it to me I'll drink it for you
John Francis Donaghy
Two Down said:

I have had this sitting in my office forever and had forgotten. Think I paid ~$100 for it in 2014. As you can tell, it does not see much use, as I am not a huge bourbon drinker to begin with.

If youre in DFW, what do you want for it?
Wheatables02
AG
Let the bidding commence! Name a price!
jsn1986
AG
I am interested if you want to email me about the Stagg in The Woodlands. edited
Also, thinking about trading a Cured Oak and Four Roses Elliot select for a 2014 GTS - don't mind overpaying on secondary value, but can't find anything on the Elliot... Any thoughts?
SouthTexasAg06
AG
just shot you an email
BeardofZeus01
AG
Jock 07 said:

So a bar here is selling 20 & 23 yr pours for 40 & 50 respectively, is this in line with what bars typically charge?

Just got back from a cruise today and one of the bars on the ship had a decent selection of tough finds and unicorns. 1 oz pours:
OB Whoop and Holler $29.50
OB Rhetoric 22 $25.50
4R SmB LE Elliott's $24.50
Knob 2001 (3rd release) $21.50
Jack Sinatra Select $15.50
Pappy 23 $350!!!!!
also had some really rare cognac for $1100 a pour

Guy was nice enough to square me up with 2 oz of OB WH and 2 oz of Elliotts for the 1 oz price. Liked them both very much ... the WH is outstanding neat, minimal heat on the front end (not a barrel proof bourbon) with a very pleasant finish, and I found I wanted to add a small amount of ice to the Elliott's to calm the initial burn, but found it to have great flavor and a nice complex finish. Would have bought them both if I could have found them in the wild ... but secondary is too rich for my blood on them.
Daytona22
AG
Ducks4Brkfast said:

The annual cluster f is gonna occur sometime after the new year

Thanks. Was curious if they just didn't get any or were doing it different this year. That's my only shot to really get something probably...
Daytona22
AG
Two Down said:

Would definitely help take that off your hands in the Houston area. I have about 1/5 left in mine and trying to milk it as long as I can.
TexAgg2004
AG
plowboy1065
S
Yes sir I did receive it. I'm down at the ranch but shoot me your name on Facebook and your email if it's different
Daytona22
AG
Anyone get anything cool at the NASA liquor event today? I got a W12...
TexAgg2004
AG
No worries. Thanks for getting back to me. Email sent.
WhiskeyBusiness
AG
can someone PM me the FB group info?
Fall92
AG
Picked up a Booker's today just because. $49.99 and the last one. Figured I better get it now...
tx4guns
AG
I got a W12, too. Really wanted that Saz18.
RC_57
AG
So stopped in to a new to us spot - Brixology in Vintage Park, Cypress - and had a pleasant surprise.

Had a pour of Rhetoric Orphan Barrel 22.

I've been experimenting with different whiskeys, and to date, this is the best whiskey I've had.

Is there another similar whiskey out there y'all suggest I try?

And now I have to snare a bottle or two of this for the shelf. Anyone know where in I can find some more of this in the Houston area?

Thanks all

plowboy1065
S
aggieREX11 said:

can someone PM me the FB group info?

Shoot me an email with your info and I will add you. Username @ gmail
RC_57
AG
plowboy hope you don't mind, but I too sent you an email request
CrottyKid
AG
I am not a big spender like some of you guys. I operate in the bargain basement. Got some Johnny Drum Private Stock today for 29.99. Pretty happy about that little thrifty deal.
Brad_97
AG
I haven't followed Rhetoric pricing but join the Texas whiskey and Bourbon Exchange on FB. Search for Shannon Hood as I saw he posted a 22 and a 20 for $125 ea local to Houston. Bourbon Secondary is another FB group that will have them. Not sure you'll see them at a local store. It's been a while since I've seen a Orphan Barrel bottle on the shelf.
RC_57
RC_57
AG
Will do.

Thanks Brad_97
First Page Last Page
Page 204 of 1100

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.