Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,852,602 Views | 38543 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by TexAgs1992
Two Down
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Sorry for the delay, been busy at the office and didn't expect the kind of response. I'm located in Houston and and would be happy to let it go to someone who'll actually drink it add enjoy it.
plowboy1065
S
Got it, will add you
07ag
AG
two down, email me at xxxxxx at gmail. i'm in houston (southwest houston),, would love to get my hands on some stagg, as i've struck out completely this year on the premium bourbons,, what are you looking for for it?
jsn1986
AG
Two Down said:

Sorry for the delay, been busy at the office and didn't expect the kind of response. I'm located in Houston and and would be happy to let it go to someone who'll actually drink it add enjoy it.
Putting my email back out there. , Definitely interested in the Stagg.
Two Down
AG
Emails sent.
Wheatables02
AG
i'll take an email too - d k u b in s k y @ gmail.com
Daytona22
AG
Two Down said:

Emails sent.
Still interested as well. Will give the other two first chance though...
Fall92
AG
If you're looking for a good bourbon selection at a restaurant in Houston, try Up. They have a bunch of good stuff, including Stagg.
Wheatables02
AG
To the others who sent emails - I proposed maybe he could split it in three and send out samples. I would gladly buy some of those amazon sample containers and add some cash. Let me know what you think.

I've never had any GTS and would love to get a taste.
Daytona22
AG
Id be game for that as well.
RC_57
AG
Would you mind adding me again?

Getting the following when I try to go to the group:
"The link you followed may have expired, or the page may only be visible to an audience you're not in."
ChiEp90
AG
RC- contact me for the Rhetoric's.
Username at aggienetwork
plowboy1065
S
RC_57 said:

Would you mind adding me again?

Getting the following when I try to go to the group:
"The link you followed may have expired, or the page may only be visible to an audience you're not in."

Will do
Two Down
AG
Malibu, Wheatables, 07 - sounds like you are all in agreement on sharing it. Tell me how to do it and I will do my best to get it done.
Wheatables02
AG
Can you send one email to all of us so we can coordinate?
Two Down
AG
Don't have an address for Malibu but would be happy to otherwise.
Wheatables02
AG
By my calculations, the bottle should have just over 25 ounces new and likely has between 20-22 left after your three pours. I will purchase the following sample bottles and mail them directly to you and you can distribute the samples equally to all of us. I will also email you my personal info and coordinate getting them to DFW. We can then workout payment, etc.

https://www.amazon.com/Premium-Vials-B26-12-Boston-Capacity/dp/B00I52FRWG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1482267963&sr=8-1&keywords=2+oz+VIAL

Post removed:
by user
Farmer1906
AG
There are 2 bottles of knob 2001 (batch 2) at specs in the woodlands if anyone is interested. They're supposed to be getting in a bottle of EC 18 soon. I'll be calling regularly for that.
Post removed:
by user
Daytona22
AG
Sent a PM to wheatables with my email to get the talk started on samples.
FriedTex
AG
just bought 3 bottles of bookers for 49.99..... didnt think i would become THAT guy
ftworthag02
AG
went to spec's in south fort worth and they were out of blantons, bookers, weller 12, buffalo trace, stagg. Bought angels envy & elijah craig
Hugo Stiglitzz
Is there a specific website you (anyone) would recommend for bourbon tasting notes/rankings...etc?

HouseDivided06
AG
I am sure there are many out there but this is one I came across a week or so ago and have enjoyed going through different reviews.

http://modernthirst.com/home/bourbon-and-whiskey-reviews/
07ag
AG
so, how many ways are we supposed to split this bottle now? i'd like to keep my 1/3 share intact
Two Down
AG
Still just the 3 ways, in the interest of fairness. Sorry if I am leaving people out.
the dude10
AG
I just won 2 bottles of old forester 1920 in a raffle yesterday. As tx4guns has been preaching around here this stuff is fantastic. Thanks for the recommendation as I am very glad I chose this over some other things like blantons and HWMWND. Gonna try and secure a few more bottles of this before it's gone, though I had already been searching to no avail earlier this fall.

Edit: just wanted to add I drank it neat and it was ridiculously smooth for the proof while also having a lot going on. The spice is more on the front of my tongue and then smooth on the finish. If you find it around $60 don't pass it up.
Daytona22
AG
Nice. Can't wait to open mine up. You in the Houston area? I can get another bottle or two around here.
the dude10
AG
Austin area unfortunately. The home of most premium bottles either being distributed to restaurants/bars or marked up to secondary prices if you even find them.
RenoAg
In DC. Saw my first Eagle Rare 17 in the wild. Bad news? They only want $1199 for it. Carry on.
Buck Compton
AG
RenoAg said:

In DC. Saw my first Eagle Rare 17 in the wild. Bad news? They only want $1199 for it. Carry on.
Wheatables02
AG
or buy it secondary for $500. Pure stupidity.
VegasT
AG
Quote:

Is there a specific website you (anyone) would recommend for bourbon tasting notes/rankings...etc?

Distiller is a great resource for notes, rankings and taste profiles. There is a app version available which is great. You are able to create a WishList and then when you are in the store, it is easier to remember what you are looking for. Also great to use as a hand held reference when in a store and you find a bottle that catches your eye.
tx4guns
AG
Was it West DuPont Circle Liquors in DC?

And OF1920 is supposed to become a regular release for them. No need to stockpile it.
First Page Last Page
Page 205 of 1102

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.