Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,872,009 Views | 38742 Replies | Last: 10 min ago by trouble
FlyFish95
How long do you want to ignore this user?
RenoAg said:

In DC. Saw my first Eagle Rare 17 in the wild. Bad news? They only want $1199 for it. Carry on.

WTF!
the dude10
AG
tx4guns said:

Was it West DuPont Circle Liquors in DC?

And OF1920 is supposed to become a regular release for them. No need to stockpile it.

That's great news. But will it be difficult to find or will it sit on shelves like the previous two in that series?
Brad_97
AG
Plenty of 1920 on the shelf in DFW if you get up that way. I've seen it in the last two store I've been in. $50ish. Had both of the others as well. FYI in case the Christmas season took you up that way.
FriedTex
AG
i bought a couple bc i got a deal for OF 1920 for 45/piece - plenty of stock
RenoAg
tx4guns said:

Was it West DuPont Circle Liquors in DC?

And OF1920 is supposed to become a regular release for them. No need to stockpile it.

It was Press Liquors, just outside the JW Marriott.
aggiemike89
AG
Found some Bookers yesterday for $42.59. Guess they didn't get the memo on price increase. I bought two and left two on shelf for somebody else.
62strat
AG

That's $14k right there.

My store does auctions for their allotment of the sought out stuff. Every dollar over retail goes to charities and other organizations within our community. Noble cause, but sux, cause I ain't paying $2k for PVW 23. This year raised $13k over retail. For the first time they included a beers too (cantillon)

I was reading from beginning of this thread and how proudaggie was saying how easy it was to get some of these back in 2011/2012. I wonder what he'd say now? I can't seem to get any in town. The other store by me does lottery based on how much you spend, and I don't go there so I've got no better chance.

I'm curious about the costco in vail, if they still get it and it stays on the shelf. Apparently in 2012 it stayed on the shelf for a few months.

So while there is no easy way to come by any of the pictured in my future, I did get treated nicely this year by a few subs. I got a 750 of 120 proof knob creek single barrel reserve, a liter of gentleman's Jack, and a 750 of Laws 4 grain straight bourbon (made in CO). Also got a bottle of 2015 'The prisoner', a napa red blend.

I recently picked up a bottle of breck bourbon and still have quite a few bottles that were gifts from the past, including a johnny walker blue, balvenie 12 yr double wood, a glenfiddich 12, a crown cask no 19, and a crown xr. My whisky selection is growing nicely!

Now if I can just finish the basement which includes my wet bar, they can all be displayed nicely, instead of crammed in the pantry!
Ags_08
AG
Found about 8 bottles of bookers in south Houston yesterday evening for $47. Bought one for a client as a closing gift and I'm considering getting one for myself, but just picked up 2 Weller12 ($41/bottle) a few days ago and left one sitting on the shelf.
claybot
AG
Been seeing a lot of booker's around Dallas (Lakewood Area) the past few days... all at $45 - $55
Hugo Stiglitzz
I think the Bookers that skyrocketed is Bookers Rye. Is that what you found?
Buck Compton
AG
Hugo Stiglitzz said:

Bookers bourbon will be increasing retail price to $100 soon. Also reducing batches from 6 to 4
Farmer1906
AG
People on this thread are worried about bookers becoming a rarity on shelves so buying them up. Self fufilling profecy?
FriedTex
AG
Just like it at 50, not at 100 so.....gotta play the hand dealt to ya
Buck Compton
AG
aggie1906 said:

People on this thread are worried about bookers becoming a rarity on shelves so buying them up. Self fufilling profecy?
Yeah, its less about rarity, more that I keep it in my regular rotation, but will stop buying at $100.
Mathguy64
AG
Found a Col. Taylor Rye. At the same time discovered I went from 5th to 30th on a list for ETL. Bourbon gods giveth and bourbon gods taketh away.
Farmer1906
AG
I found one too. Is it worth 73?
Mathguy64
AG
I'm about to find out.

Edit. I poured a neat 2 oz in a glencairn. The front end is a nice spicy bit of pepper. It's not overpowering. The back end I get a hint of fresh tobacco. At 100 proof it's an easy sipper. I'm partial to high Rye mash bills and ryesin general. I like it.

Is it worth the $70 I paid? Who knows. I paid less that that 3 years ago for THH. Looking at it that way I just got robbed. But in today's insane market where you have to get on a list and pray for things like ETL it's probably a nice pick.
62strat
AG
mathguy86 said:

Found a Col. Taylor Rye. At the same time discovered I went from 5th to 30th on a list for ETL. Bourbon gods giveth and bourbon gods taketh away.
man my boss got 2 col Taylor bottles from a sub. One is rye, couldn't see the other one close enough.

They sure look fancy!
TGoll09
AG
While browsing my local Goody Goody today, I found some Booker's........for $89.99. Total money grab, as they got those bottles at the old cost.
aggiemike89
AG
Hugo Stiglitzz said:

Not hardly at $42.95. Retail on the rye when it came out was $300. It was this year's release of Bookers batch 3.
Seersucker Ag 2011
AG
From a store my buddy is at in Baltimore. Are these real?

Mathguy64
AG
Those pictures are the reason everything is so whacked.
FriedTex
AG
Geez that's effed up. Wouldn't this stores distribution source be pissed at this?
imnotplutonium1
AG
I just bought some items last night at a local hole in the wall liquor shop and saw Bookers for $100 and they had a Pappy 10yr he was going to give me a "deal" on for $550 since I had spent a lot of money there. I told him to hold it through today and I'll call him tonight if I want to pick it up but I think I'm leaning towards no. From the looks of the pictures above it is actually slightly cheaper than Baltimore?
tx4guns
AG
His WLW is underpriced.
tex2000
AG
Is Elijah Craig small batch a good pour? I see y'all talking about the other Elijah Craig's but for a more economical one is it good?
Wheatables02
AG
Yes
Seersucker Ag 2011
AG
Try to find one with the twelve year age statement. They dropped the age statement this year but there are still lots of bottles with the age statement on the back and some with it on the front
Fall92
AG
My experience is you are more likely to find the 12 yr age statements on the larger bottles these days.
tex2000
AG
I found the number 12 on the bottom of the bottle would that be it?
Seersucker Ag 2011
AG
I'm not sure about the bottom. The old bottles had this on the front:

Then they took that off the front, and you could only find this on the back:

Then they took off the age statement completely, and the back says this:
Señor Chang
AG
Haven't seen Black Maple Hill in awhile. I remember about 3 years ago when everyone was going crazy for it.
Wheatables02
AG
Got my first AECS today at retail and the last one. Also found the Jeffersons rum cask finish.
FriedTex
AG
Just opened my William Larue Weller - outstanding!
SouthTexasAg06
AG
Is it just me or does anyone else get an overwhelming nose of banana on these? Great value pour but for the money I like the OWA or ER better
First Page Last Page
Page 206 of 1107

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.