Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,869,926 Views | 38701 Replies | Last: 32 min ago by Aggie Therapist
the dude10
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So I am in a raffle at a local store and have two tickets to put in, can be for the same bottle if I choose. Which would you choose: Parker's Heritage 24 yr, FRSB Elliot's select, or FRSmB LE from 2014?
Wheatables02
AG
Based on hype and praise and msrp prices ( I've never had any of them), you want the elliotts select or frsmble.
AggieStout
AG
Stagg Jr at the specs in round rock, 1 bottle. Also had angles envy rye if your into it.
plowboy1065
S
I go in to pick up GTS & WLW and my guy says I've got a Handy if you want it. Of course I do but only if you'll have a drink with me

RenoAg
I've heard from most the W&H is awful but I haven't tried it. Most also say Elliot's is nothing special, just ok. I've not tried it either. Most folks didn't think much of 2014 FRsmbLE, preferring the 2015 and 2013 editions. But I have tried the 2014. I've really enjoyed it as my almost empty bottle will attest. I have no problem recommending it. It is unique in its flavor profile. Lighter with hints of citrus to my untrained palate. But can't really compare or rank it to the other 2 that I haven't tried.
John Francis Donaghy
plowboy1065 said:

I go in to pick up GTS & WLW and my guy says I've got a Handy if you want it. Of course I do but only if you'll have a drink with me

Never turn down a good Handy when it's offered.
Wheatables02
AG
What are your all drinking tonight?

I landed a 2016 Angels Envy cask strength yesterday so I cracked that first. So much heat even with ice. I think it will get better with time.

Then had some 2016 Yellowstone limited. Pretty good in my opinion.

Now on ETL.

Merry Christmas!
HouseDivided06
AG
Nothing too special over here really. Had something my brother brought me from Colorado called 291 Colorado Whiskey. Different but was interesting and pretty tasty. Then some Russell's Reserve 10 Year Single Barrel. Now some Bookers. My father in law usually buys something new at Christmas so we will see what is in store tomorrow.
claybot
AG
Sipping on the Stagg Jr. I picked up earlier this week
FriedTex
AG
Moved from Bookers to OF1920 to some Four Roses that I aged 3 months. Decreasing on proof bc I'm a working man on Sunday
Wheatables02
AG
Godspeed sir. I worked 6 of 7 Christmases from 06-12 but am now in a more stable position to where I'm off every year for now.
the dude10
AG
Finished off a liquor barn FRSB private select from my trip to Kentucky. This was a little while back when the picks were still older. 10 years 8 months on that bottle and I have a couple over 11 years old.
Wheatables02
AG
What recipe?
Wheatables02
AG
Pour some of that stash you photographed a few months back.... discreetly of course.
Post removed:
by user
the dude10
AG
OESQ- floral (rose petal and acacia) banana, refreshing, medium body

and it was damn good too!
reveille23
Merry Christmas!
Aust Ag
AG
What's the best Under $30 stuff?
plowboy1065
S
OGD 114
YouBet
AG
Found Noah's Mill at specs the other day. Haven't seen it in at least two years. Forgot how good it is especially for what is now a normal price for bourbon.
Farmer1906
AG
YouBet said:

Found Noah's Mill at specs the other day. Haven't seen it in at least two years. Forgot how good it is especially for what is now a normal price for bourbon.

I've seen it fairly regularly at specs in Katy & Woodlands. It's great.
showtime
AG
shhhhh!!!
Farmer1906
AG
plowboy1065 said:

OGD 114

I finally had some the other day at dinner and I came away presently surprised.
plowboy1065
S
Ok, I take that back OGD 114 is really not worth the bottle it's put in. You should not even think about buying one
RenoAg
Isn't OGD 114 going out of production soon? Pretty sure I heard that. No skin off my nose as I think it is nasty. Only bottle I've ever poured down the drain after a pour.
FriedTex
AG
RenoAg said:

Isn't OGD 114 going out of production soon? Pretty sure I heard that. No skin off my nose as I think it is nasty. Only bottle I've ever poured down the drain after a pour.

I make my wife drink all the bad bottles I've gotten
plowboy1065
S
Drinking a dram now of OGD now. Shame you poured it down the drain
Post removed:
by user
plowboy1065
S
Ha I guess it will. Going to leave it unedited
TxAggies2012
Didn't want to tell any of you guys and ruin my chances by having the floodgates open with entries, but WB Liquors in CS did a lottery to purchase a bottle of ORVW 10 and Lot B.

There were about 10 names in the bucket, only 3 of us showed up, and of course I was not one of the 2 selected.

They sold the the 10 for $69.99 and the 12 Lot B for $79.99

Damn steal of a deal.
YouBet
AG
TxAggies2012 said:

Didn't want to tell any of you guys and ruin my chances by having the floodgates open with entries, but WB Liquors in CS did a lottery to purchase a bottle of ORVW 10 and Lot B.

There were about 10 names in the bucket, only 3 of us showed up, and of course I was not one of the 2 selected.

They sold the the 10 for $69.99 and the 12 Lot B for $79.99

Damn steal of a deal.
Dude, that is terrible luck!!!
TxAggies2012
yep. Oh well. My only investment was the 15 minutes it took to drive there and be there for the drawing, but that was a very close call to getting a bottle for a hell of a price.

Probably would have then had to make the decision to open it or sell it. I think as long as I'm paying those rates, while flipping it would be a nice bonus, I'd have to have held on to it.
plowboy1065
S
Please don't become a flipper
TxAggies2012
You wont have to worry....I didn't get the bottle.

In general I'm very much a supply and demand guy and I wont hate on anyone who makes money off a product that someone is willing to spend, rare liquor included.

But I don't think I could have brought myself to doing it. Getting either of those bottles for that price would have been nice.

Oh well, I'll keep on the hunt.
First Page Last Page
Page 207 of 1106

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.