Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,866,373 Views | 38668 Replies | Last: 7 min ago by Pac1698
Naveronski
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
And I'd appreciate one in DFW

or I'll be in Tomball this weekend.
MarathonAg12
Why spend heaps of money on wine for Blanton's and allocated bottles when you can just be a nice person to the employees and get it at retail when it drops.
Naveronski
AG
MarathonAg12 said:

Why spend heaps of money on wine for Blanton's and allocated bottles when you can just be a nice person to the employees and get it at retail when it drops.
I don't buy enough volume to be an important customer.
CactusThomas
AG
MarathonAg12 said:

I don't buy wine. I assume you are talking about the Total Wine raffles. You trade bourbon. I drink bourbon.

When you drink bourbon, you get Grand Reserve status very easily. There is no downside to the Grand Reserve raffle system.
John Francis Donaghy
CactusThomas said:

MarathonAg12 said:

I don't buy wine. I assume you are talking about the Total Wine raffles. You trade bourbon. I drink bourbon.

When you drink bourbon, you get Grand Reserve status very easily. There is no downside to the Grand Reserve raffle system.
A taste for fine scotch gets you there real quick too.
PearlandAg09
AG
Blantons too
FTAco07
AG
Because I love good wine and have no time/patience to go out and hunt bourbon. I buy what I can, trade occasionally, and drink it all.
BT1395
AG
Well, Paris is pretty cool

John Francis Donaghy
~$100 for Makers Cask Strength and Rittenhouse
CactusThomas
AG
FTAco07 said:

Because I love good wine and have no time/patience to go out and hunt bourbon. I buy what I can, trade occasionally, and drink it all.

My point was that we all buy what we like to drink. No one is spending money just to get to be in the raffle.
txaggie05
AG
$140 for ECBP
FTAco07
AG
Sorry, I replied to the wrong post. I should have replied to the post you quoted. We're on the same page.
austinag1997
AG
txaggie05 said:

$140 for ECBP

I bought that for $90 last week and thought I overpaid.
htxag09
AG
Lol. Just like French wine is more expensive in the us, American whiskey will be more expensive there. Tariffs, transport, distribution fees, etc. If I'm not mistaken, the tariff on American whiskey was 25%, they threatened to raise it to 50% when we increased tariffs on French wine. Not sure if that actually happened. Nobody should be surprised by this. The fact they actually have some of those bottles is pretty cool, though.
Farmer1906
AG
austinag1997 said:

txaggie05 said:

$140 for ECBP

You didn't.
tlfw378
AG
austinag1997 said:

txaggie05 said:

$140 for ECBP

I'd pay $90.
John Francis Donaghy
htxag09 said:

Lol. Just like French wine is more expensive in the us, American whiskey will be more expensive there. Tariffs, transport, distribution fees, etc. If I'm not mistaken, the tariff on American whiskey was 25%, they threatened to raise it to 50% when we increased tariffs on French wine. Not sure if that actually happened. Nobody should be surprised by this. The fact they actually have some of those bottles is pretty cool, though.

True. Last time I was in Europe 6-8 years ago, the only American whiskies most stores had were Jim Beam and Jack Daniels. Some stores has Makers as a premium brand. Easy to see how they held American Whiskey is low regard when that's all they could get. Nice to see that starting to change.
MW03
AG
Yall have places where you can get Blantons/Gold/SFTB for 69E/99E/120E, and places to find W12 at 39E? I'll pay in francs, marks, GBP, yuan, or anything else for one of each for the USD equivalent.
agcrock2005
AG
Buy as many W12 and you can bring home at that price. There are some legit idiots over here that will trade you awesome bottles for that trash. I traded 1:1 for Rock Hill Farm and 1:1 on Elmer T Lee.
TThom
I'm shocked to see Dry Fly in Paris. Their wheat is pretty damn good and I've only picked it up in Washington and Idaho. Their Huckleberry Lemonade and Jalapeño Lemonade are delicious.
John Francis Donaghy
jaggiemaggie said:

John Francis Donaghy said:

Boring horsey bourbon for me too.

I'll take it off your hands for retail and will even throw in a bottle of RWB smoke wagon

No thanks. I'm not really into the secondary market. I keep my Blantons bottles from raffles for when I need a last minute gift for someone. They're not expensive, I don't miss them, and people are usually super impressed with it. So it works out well for me.

I complain mostly because I'm cursed to never win anything but Blantons. Blantons is the only thing I've ever gotten in any raffle/drawing/etc. ever at any store. And I legitimately don't care for it. It's like the bourbon gods are just ****ing with me at this point.
austinag1997
AG
tlfw378 said:

austinag1997 said:

txaggie05 said:

$140 for ECBP

I'd pay $90.

I expect to beat that price next week.
jaggiemaggie
AG
agcrock2005 said:

Buy as many W12 and you can bring home at that price. There are some legit idiots over here that will trade you awesome bottles for that trash. I traded 1:1 for Rock Hill Farm and 1:1 on Elmer T Lee.

Know any of those that will let go of Lee or RH Farm? I have a w12 and I'll throw in a Ezra 7 or an eh Taylor to "sweeten" the deal
CharlieBrown17
AG
Where at? I'll be in Paris tomorrow
austinag1997
AG
Hang tight. Weller 12? Seriously, WTF?
Bunk Moreland
Just pushed a thread ttt re: weller 12 due to this discussion. Crazy to think just 4 years ago it was like buying a bottle of Beam
tlfw378
AG
That is even better.
tripperwill
AG
Ehhhhhh, likely not 4 years ago..... 4 years ago secondary price was still over $100, making it in high demand at retail. I could get a handle or 2 a year with the right connections, but they'd all be gone off the shelves same day. Still very limited. 5-6 years ago secondary prices were much lower around $75 for W12 and ETL, and $90 for RHF.
BT1395
AG
CharlieBrown17 said:

Where at? I'll be in Paris tomorrow

La Maison du Whisky & Fine Spirits
Pac1698
AG
I found these right now. I don't know much about the Willet, but I picked it up for a friend. The ETL seems way overpriced.

Farmer1906
AG
Way way overpriced.
SpiderDude
AG
$70 for Willett isn't terrible. That ETL price is a joke tho!
MW03
AG
Yeah, I'd be in on the Willett at that price.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
SpiderDude said:

$70 for Willett isn't terrible. That ETL price is a joke tho!
it is if you've actually tried it.
MW03
AG
I've been nursing a bottle of WE4 for a while because I don't want the bottle to be over
First Page Last Page
Page 643 of 1105

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.