Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,851,189 Views | 38532 Replies | Last: 2 min ago by Lonestar-aught-six
Chipotlemonger
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Thanks for the input y'all. I have access to ER where I live so maybe that will be next. Have had before but it's been quite some time.

And thanks for the mash 1 vs 2 info, I did some quick research. Interesting stuff. Any other non BT recs besides KC12?
Ducks4brkfast
AG
Heaven Hill products
CactusThomas
AG
Elijah Craig small batch
Russell's Reserve 10 year

There is life outside of Buffalo Trace
agcrock2005
AG
Reginald Cousins said:

Blantons =\= ETL to me and it's not close.

Eagle Rare is a more similar flavor and mouthfeel.

But that's my palate.
Agreed. I love ETL and Eagle Rare but don't care for regular blantons or gold. Green/Black (same thing) and red I like better and are somewhat more similar to ETL than the others.
lazuras_dc
AG
Anyone tried the Redwood Empire line ?
SpiderDude
AG
It's not terrible. I think I drank thru a bottle of the whiskey one. It was supposed to be outstanding for mixing in cocktails. It was fine. Nothing crazy tho.
aggiebrother33
Chipotlemonger said:

Thanks for the input y'all. I have access to ER where I live so maybe that will be next. Have had before but it's been quite some time.

And thanks for the mash 1 vs 2 info, I did some quick research. Interesting stuff. Any other non BT recs besides KC12?

Big mash Bill 2 fan, the closest I have found on a regular basis is Bowman Brother Single Barrel. Very close in flavor but not quite the same finish as say an ETL or Blantons. Still, at $45 it's hard to beat. I have at least a bottle in the cabinet at all times.
MarathonAg12
107 Proofhmmmmm. I wonder how much this will be?

trouble
AG
$129.99

https://instagr.am/p/CQzhJkkncNE
Jim01
AG
I'm almost done with the Emerald Giant bottle I have. It's nice. It's my first Rye so not sure how that adjusts it. I don't love it but I definitely would try the other two.
jaggiemaggie
AG
aggiebrother33 said:

Chipotlemonger said:

Big mash Bill 2 fan, the closest I have found on a regular basis is Bowman Brother Single Barrel. Very close in flavor but not quite the same finish as say an ETL or Blantons. Still, at $45 it's hard to beat. I have at least a bottle in the cabinet at all times.

Supposedly bowman single barrel sources it's mash from Buffalo trace and distilled a third time in Virginia. I hope it stays under the radar. I try to have a backup bottle because I'm sure Dbag brow will start hoarding it in the near future. The small batch is good for everyday sipping as well

CactusThomas
AG
I rarely see the Bowman single barrel around.
aggiebrother33
CactusThomas said:

I see it almost every week at my local spot, if you are open to any trades of similar bottles I am happy to work something out.
aggiebrother33
jaggiemaggie said:

aggiebrother33 said:

Chipotlemonger said:

Supposedly bowman single barrel sources it's mash from Buffalo trace and distilled a third time in Virginia. I hope it stays under the radar. I try to have a backup bottle because I'm sure Dbag brow will start hoarding it in the near future. The small batch is good for everyday sipping as well

Agree 100%, I debated even mentioning it because it's still easy to find for me, hopefully it stays that way. It's pretty much my weekly sipping bourbon, and bought a few for customers who thoroughly enjoyed it.
jaggiemaggie
AG
CactusThomas said:

If you're anywhere near I-10 between Houston and Ozona. I make that drive to Midland too damn much for work and can pick up a couple of bottles for you
jaggiemaggie
AG
Opinion on 1792 single barrel?
proc
AG
Generally, they are all really good. Keep in mind it's single barrel, so yours may taste way different than mine.
FTAco07
AG
Total Wine summer allocation emails are out. Good news is I'm 3/3 this year, but it's a bit amusing my big prize is a bottle of Blanton's.
07fta07
AG
I also got a Blanton's
John Francis Donaghy
Boring horsey bourbon for me too.
Reginald Cousins
S
jaggiemaggie said:

Opinion on 1792 single barrel?
Didn't really move the needle with me. Doubt I will buy again.

Your mileage may vary.
jaggiemaggie
AG
John Francis Donaghy said:

Boring horsey bourbon for me too.

I'll take it off your hands for retail and will even throw in a bottle of RWB smoke wagon
CactusThomas
AG
FTAco07 said:

Total Wine summer allocation emails are out. Good news is I'm 3/3 this year, but it's a bit amusing my big prize is a bottle of Blanton's.

Same
CactusThomas
AG
jaggiemaggie said:

CactusThomas said:

If you're anywhere near I-10 between Houston and Ozona. I make that drive to Midland too damn much for work and can pick up a couple of bottles for you

Thanks but I'm a good ways south of 10.

Good to hear Bowman single barrel is available in other areas.
MarathonAg12
TexAgs:
aggielostinETX
AG
Guess what I had two of.
“A republic, if you can keep it”

AggieKatie2 said:
ETX is honestly starting to scare me a bit as someone who may be trigger happy.
John Francis Donaghy
If it were me, I'd be drinking Rock Hill Farms and Elmer T. Lee at those prices.
jh0400
AG
Second RHF for that price
lazuras_dc
AG
A double pvw15 w/ coke ?
MarathonAg12
Weller Special Reserve
AgInSingapore
AG
Total Wine summer allocation drawing result emails just got sent out, check your junk mail to see if you got selected.

Old Forester 150 Anniversary Batch Proof is what i got.

Sorry, didnt see the earlier post stating the same.
aggielostinETX
AG
jh0400 said:

Second RHF for that price

I had two. They were out of Full Proof.
“A republic, if you can keep it”

AggieKatie2 said:
ETX is honestly starting to scare me a bit as someone who may be trigger happy.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
Hump day pour

Daytona22
AG
Blantons for me like those above.
AlaskanAg99
AG
If anyone wants to unload a horseybottle in Houston. Hit me up.
aTm '99
First Page Last Page
Page 642 of 1101

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.