Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,939,183 Views | 39438 Replies | Last: 38 min ago by tu ag
K Bo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Mike Jones
MarathonAg12
Just picked up Makers Mark 101 limited release proof

Hopefully I don't regret it. It was $38 and I have never seen it before.
proc
AG
Captain Obvious statement, but I'm a firm believer that most any whiskey can be improved with a little more aging, and a little less filtering.

That MM should be pretty good, and the reviews back it up.

https://www.breakingbourbon.com/article/makers-mark-90-101-113-proof-face-off

The Jack Daniels barrel proofs, the Wild Turkey rare breeds, are all a really nice improvement that I have tried. Heck, I once tried a Jim Beam that was barrelled by a buddy of mine. I was shocked by the improvement, and I don't like regular Jim Beam at all.
MarathonAg12
proc said:

Captain Obvious statement, but I'm a firm believer that most any whiskey can be improved with a little more aging, and a little less filtering.

The Jack Daniels barrel proofs, the Wild Turkey rare breeds, are all a really nice improvement that I have tried. Heck, I once tried a Jim Beam that was barrelled by a buddy of mine. I was shocked by the improvement, and I don't like regular Jim Beam at all.

100% Agree. JD SB BP is amazing.

So I just went to a TL and they had a whole rack of McKenna 10 year BiB on the main shelves.

Ducks4brkfast
AG
proc said:

that's why barrel picks at the distillary (except for HH) are so great. Getting drunk on whatever mashbill you're picking at barrel proof and literally straight from the barrel.
superunknown
AG
jetch17 said:

Who?

Two shay, two shay
jetch17
proc
AG
MarathonAg12 said:

proc said:

100% Agree. JD SB BP is amazing.

So I just went to a TL and they had a whole rack of McKenna 10 year BiB on the main shelves.

I you ever dabble in at home blends, that McKenna 10 is useful for the "Old Hank" blend.
jetch17
AG
Bunker Costco has mini 375 bottles of store pick BT

Sazerac
AG
In middle of the state NJ. Wasn't finding anything at small stores. Finally found a little larger place and picked up a

KC12 $60 I will need to mule back
They also had 2 ECBP but wanted $100 so passed.

Stopped at some more places and there was lots of KC120 and I saw my first Old Ezra 7 in the wild (nice pour at $40, surprised it was $60)

Surprised so far I havent gotten a glimpse of anything allocated.
wessimo
AG
What are they asking for them?
nawghead99
AG
3/11 Costco Liquor Humble- zero Eagle Rare to be found had the BT on hand - passed on purchase I was looking for the Eagle Rare more than the BT
CTGilley
AG
Sazerac said:

In middle of the state NJ. Wasn't finding anything at small stores. Finally found a little larger place and picked up a

Stopped at some more places and there was lots of KC120 and I saw my first Old Ezra 7 in the wild (nice pour at $40, surprised it was $60)

We have a store here that is way over priced on everything but normally has OE7 ~ 45 OTD. Not something i would buy again.
jetch17
AG
wessimo said:

What are they asking for them?
$12 each
proc
AG
Sazerac said:

If you wind up in Berlin, New Jersey, there's a liquor store there with the Knob Creek 25th Anniversary in stock.
MarathonAg12
nawghead99 said:

3/11 Costco Liquor Humble- zero Eagle Rare to be found had the BT on hand - passed on purchase I was looking for the Eagle Rare more than the BT

I have multiple bottles of ER and a single barrel select TL pick. Trade?
MarathonAg12
Today's purchases:

Markers Mark 101 Proof- I havent had Makers in a very long time so I am looking forward to that pour.
Heaven Hill BiB- Friend picked that up for me. Apparently no longer allocated.
Mckenna 10yr BiB- Have a few of these now if anyone is looking to trade.
Weller SR- Because that stuff is so damn good.
Smoke Wagon Straight Bourbon Whiskey-Hyped up on here and can't wait to try it.
CTGilley
AG
HH BIB depends on the store. At some of the out of town stores that get it, will have it on the shelf all year. In the city it moves pretty fast. I really like it. Headed south to do some work on the farm. Hoping to pick one up or find a gem.
Sazerac
AG
Going west of philly but not south unfortunately. Popping into places when I can...
MarathonAg12
Is Garrison Brothers Balmorhea really worth $173?

Saw it at Twin Liquors.
Bulldog73
AG
Bozo at local Twin Liquors was telling a customer (waiting for a 1.75 L Eagle Rare from the back... I was 2 minutes too late) that the shelves are overflowing with Blanton's at Segels all over the DFW area, but the entire local market gets one case to share.
Naveronski
AG
No
CTGilley
AG
Anyone else really enjoying their infinity bottle?
CTGilley
AG
Anyone looked into a JDBSBBP? I know it is not a "bourbon" but they are pretty awesome and may be a good in for a barrel pick. I have some I can ask if y'all think we could go that direction.

Edit: Fat fingers
John Francis Donaghy
CTGilley said:

Anyone looked into a JBSBBP? I know it is not a "bourbon" but they are pretty awesome and may be a good in for a barrel pick. I have some I can ask if y'all think we could go that direction.

I'm more of a DHRTUSBBBPMSB guy myself, but I enjoy a nice pour JBSBBP on occasion. Have you ever tried a MMB5G@P?
lazuras_dc
AG
The sad thing is I googled that just to see if it was real or if you were trolling

I got to try RHF last night. Very drinkable and distinct.
SpiderDude
CTGilley
AG
John Francis Donaghy said:

CTGilley said:

Anyone looked into a JBSBBP? I know it is not a "bourbon" but they are pretty awesome and may be a good in for a barrel pick. I have some I can ask if y'all think we could go that direction.

I'm more of a DHRTUSBBBPMSB guy myself, but I enjoy a nice pour JBSBBP on occasion. Have you ever tried a MMB5G@P?
Ha oops! JDSBBP (Jack Daniel's Single Barrel Barrel Proof)
CactusThomas
AG
Yes that stuff is delicious
MarathonAg12
CTGilley said:

CTGilley said:

Glad you enjoyed it. Is that the one AgBrew gave to you? From me to you haha

I finished my bottle so quickly
proc
AG
CTGilley said:

CTGilley said:

For a second, I thought Jim Beam had released a BP, and I was really questioning my knowledge....
CactusThomas
AG
Jack Baniel's Single Barrel Barrel Proof
CTGilley
AG
MarathonAg12 said:

CTGilley said:

CTGilley said:

Glad you enjoyed it. Is that the one AgBrew gave to you? From me to you haha

I finished my bottle so quickly
I has one open I plan to finish this weekend. It will not take long for that one to be opened next.
MarathonAg12
I'm in San Antonio for the weekend. Excited for new spots!

I just picked up a bottle of High West Whiskey American Prairie Bourbon-Barrel Select (Liquor Bueno). Finished in white port barrels, reminds me of my MWND, but bourbon instead of Rye.

I hope this bourbon taste as cool as this bottle looks!
drred4
Some Henry Mckenna at Twin Liquors in College Station downtown if anybody likes
First Page Last Page
Page 602 of 1127

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.