Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,749,195 Views | 37531 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by Aggie Therapist
Pac1698
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I would be down for a bottle.
AGBrewer512
CTGilley said:

tlfw378 said:

I put in for 4-6, however, this isn't my flavor profile...so I will step aside for those who like it.
I feel the same way.

But has any one actually had 17 year single barrel Uncut/Unfiltered Dickel?

We may be surprised?

How was the Balcones BP SiB Rye?
MarathonAg12
Has anyone ever had Early Times 100 Proof BiB?

It looked like an interesting bottle so I bought it.
CTGilley
AG
My daily
Fallisfun16
I enjoy it! Very good for the price point
CTGilley
AG
Super interesting. I am not a fan of the Balcones funk but that whiskey is about as complex as it gets.

I would rank it high but wouldn't buy a bottle.
MarathonAg12
CTGilley said:

My daily

Great to hear gents. It doesn't come to my stores in Central Texas often. Decided to try it out.
wessimo
AG
Early Times seems to be getting more scarce at my store so I'm going to go on record and say it's bad and no one should buy it.
AGBrewer512
CTGilley said:

Super interesting. I am not a fan of the Balcones funk but that whiskey is about as complex as it gets.

I would rank it high but wouldn't buy a bottle.
Right there with you on another bottle. The biggest drawback to me was it's massive charred oak note. Just too much oak for my taste.

Even though I'm not a fan of that particular bottle, I'm still interested in trying both their Rumble and the 100% Corn (True Blue?).
proc
AG
One person's opinion, but I did not care for the Balcones Blue Corn. The Single Malt was the only Balcones product I would drink again.
AGBrewer512
proc said:

One person's opinion, but I did not care for the Balcones Blue Corn. The Single Malt was the only Balcones product I would drink again.

Did the Single Malt have a massive oak note?

Also, what was it about the Blue Corn that you didn't like?
djmeen95
AG
Random stop at the Costco liquor store in Humble resulted in finding these two on the shelf.

Eagle Rare and WB liquor's half bottle of single barrel select Buffalo Trace - a nice little surprise indeed!
07fta07
AG
Yep, seems that 375 and 750 BT picks are at the WB Houston locations.
Ornithopter
AG
I had some ECBP at a bar the other day.

Man, that stuff is as good as it gets hyped up to be on here.
tlfw378
AG
That is why you never see it on the shelf.
proc
AG
AGBrewer512 said:

proc said:

Did the Single Malt have a massive oak note?

Also, what was it about the Blue Corn that you didn't like?
It is an intense and unique flavor bomb, but the oak itself is light.
Sazerac
AG
It's easily my favorite pour that isn't crazy expensive/allocated. I've still never bought one off a shelf, have gotten them all in trades/cash from folks on this thread.
TThom
Sazerac said:

It's easily my favorite pour that isn't crazy expensive/allocated. I've still never bought one off a shelf, have gotten them all in trades/cash from folks on this thread.

What stuff would someone trade for ECBP B520?
Sazerac
AG
in process of trading a 4R BS for ECBP
Think I traded an EHT Rye for one
Blantons
stuff in the $75-$100 range.
AGBrewer512
TThom said:

Sazerac said:

What stuff would someone trade for ECBP B520?

I would think that a Blanton's or another hard to find BP (like Larceny or FR) would be a fair straight up trade. You could also bundle a EHT SmB and something like ER or McKenna and I would consider that a fair trade as well. Depends on what the person on the other end of the trade is looking for.

Let me know if you are looking to trade the B520, I'd be interested.
MarathonAg12
Decided to walk into the Twin Liquors on a whim. Guy said all they had was ER and nothing else allocated in stock. Didn't find any picks on the shelves, so I said you know what, I'll take the ER.

Turns out it was a ER Single Barrel Select for TL.

This is my first store pick in my collection!
AGBrewer512
MarathonAg12 said:

Decided to walk into the Twin Liquors on a whim. Guy said all they had was ER and nothing else allocated in stock. Didn't find any picks on the shelves, so I said you know what, I'll take the ER.

Was it a pint size?
MarathonAg12
AGBrewer512 said:

MarathonAg12 said:

Was it a pint size?

Nope. 750ml
BlazingSaddles
May I ask which Twin location you went to?
Sazerac
AG
I'm going to NJ for rest of this week. Day dreaming about seeing allocated bottles on the shelves at MSRP.
Cyprian
AG
Oops wrong thread

-------------
Yeah, well, you know, that's just like, uh, your opinion, man.
Thisguy1
DubFalls said:

We went to The Republic about a week and a half ago and I did their Mash Madness. For those that may not be aware, they make a bracket, bring you glass A and glass B. They told me it was a 2 seed vs a 3 seed that night. Tasted glass A first and could tell it was a high proof bourbon but it was phenomenal. Glass B was good. Smooth but very obviously not near the proof as B.

I chose A. It was ECBP. B was Whistle Pig Old World. They show you the route each has taken to get there. This was the Sweet 16. ECBP beat Jack Daniels 24 to 5 in the first round (lol at 5 people picking JD. Probably didn't like the high proof). 2nd round it edged out Buffalo Trace 13 to 11.
Sazerac
AG
Is your peat lovin' ass lost?

https://texags.com/forums/67/topics/2337704/last
Ducks4brkfast
AG
Tuesday fresh neck pour
Sazerac
AG
The logo is a nice touch
CactusThomas
AG
What dojo is that?
Gunner33
Thisguy1 said:

DubFalls said:

We went to The Republic about a week and a half ago and I did their Mash Madness. For those that may not be aware, they make a bracket, bring you glass A and glass B. They told me it was a 2 seed vs a 3 seed that night. Tasted glass A first and could tell it was a high proof bourbon but it was phenomenal. Glass B was good. Smooth but very obviously not near the proof as B.

I chose A. It was ECBP. B was Whistle Pig Old World. They show you the route each has taken to get there. This was the Sweet 16. ECBP beat Jack Daniels 24 to 5 in the first round (lol at 5 people picking JD. Probably didn't like the high proof). 2nd round it edged out Buffalo Trace 13 to 11.

I love the idea of Mash Madness. I have participated a few times this year. I have gone with the majority each time I've participated.
jetch17
AG
I've been rationing my ECBP for a while now, but had a pour tonight ... I need a backup fo sho
superunknown
AG
Rare (if ever) poster, occasional reader on this thread. I'm in for a bottle. jetch17 can vouch for my existence as a real person. I can sort out payment/shipping info whenever needed.
jetch17
AG
Who?
First Page Last Page
Page 601 of 1073

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.