Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,863,611 Views | 38665 Replies | Last: 26 min ago by Pac1698
Sazerac
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Msrp is $30 but they should have been charging $40 this whole time. Great aged - but lower proof bottle.
MW03
AG
I'm drinking early Times neat. This is the best value in bourbon right now. Hands down.
CactusThomas
AG
Nah.
MarathonAg12
Sazerac said:

Msrp is $30 but they should have been charging $40 this whole time. Great aged - but lower proof bottle.

So TL just throws on another $10?
MarathonAg12
MW03 said:

I'm drinking early Times neat. This is the best value in bourbon right now. Hands down.

Benchmark 8 or GTFO
CTGilley
AG
DubFalls said:

Are you guys drinking Stagg Jr. Doing so neat or with water/ice?

I found it way too hot neat.

Neat. If it is too hot to drink neat please leave it on the shelf for me. Or I will trade you a Blanton's for it.
aggiecouch
Nothing wrong with a few drops of water to open up high proof bourbons. That being said, I prefer neat the vast majority of the time, though on the rocks is nice sometimes as a refreshing change of pace.
Gunner33
Definitely neat
austinag1997
AG
I have bought 3 Stagg Jr's in the last few months. All at $90. I like to add 1 cube to it just to cool it a bit.

Both that one and ECBP B520 are very good pours. Think I was paying $75 to $80 for the ECBP. Went through about 10 of those.
proc
AG
MarathonAg12 said:

MW03 said:

SAOS or gtfo.

Benchmark 8 or GTFO
MarathonAg12
Visited 3 stores today and pick up a bottle of ER at each.

I think I'm good for a while.
Sazerac
AG
Curious, They all charging $40?
CharlieBrown17
AG
AGBrewer512
Anyone ever done this raffle? Looks like a good cause in addition to having the chance to get some pretty good bourbons.

https://give.bourboncharity.org/roses4kids2021
MarathonAg12
Sazerac said:

Yes sir. And all were Twin Liquors. One location had it prominently displayed on the top shelf behind the cash register, another location I had to ask. (They had it in boxes on the floor behind the cash register).
AggieBarstool
MarathonAg12 said:

Sazerac said:

Yes sir. And all were Twin Liquors. One location had it prominently displayed on the top shelf behind the cash register, another location I had to ask. (They had it in boxes on the floor behind the cash register).

Which is a huge pet peeve for me.
CFTXAG10
AG
Was thinking about making a TW run but the mom and pop shop down the street called me to let me know he had a bottle of EC barrel proof C920 in with my name on it. Excellent timing!
Pac1698
AG
Just picked up a bottle of Eagle Rare for $28 at specs. Also got the 4 Roses single barrel since it's Valentine's (you know Roses and all)! Going to enjoy my last night as a 40 year old! 41, let's go!!
MarathonAg12
Great find! Let me know how the 4R Single is.

I've been waiting to open it for a bachelor party.
Ornithopter
AG
I got a bottle the other day. The flavors are more intense, and the rye spice is way more present. It's really good, just not as well balanced or as smooth as the Small batch select.

If you like 4 roses you'll like it.
SnyderAg02
Enjoy! I turn 41 this Friday. Given 2020, it doesn't count, right? Extra year of 40-year old eligibility?
Post removed:
by user
AlaskanAg99
AG
I'm starting g to think the "tax" of the local mom and pop and just dumping a bottle into a 5gal keg might be worth it to be a loyal customer.

Wife never looks at kegs (I have a ton) buy she's sees every bottle and judges.
aTm '99
Post removed:
by user
MarathonAg12
Happy Valentines Day my bourbon fanatics.

Four Roses and chill?
lazuras_dc
AG
MarathonAg12 said:

Happy Valentines Day my bourbon fanatics.

Four Roses and chill?

Good idea !
Daytona22
AG
Sad day. Finished off some ECBP. Hopefully can secure a C in the next few weeks.
6.5 Swede
Hi y'all I'm on my father's account but here's bio of me real quick. I worked at my local barn called "The Barn The Whiskey Bar" for 2 1/2 years and tried close to 400 differ whiskeys in that time. From Scotch single malts, a few Japanese single malts, Irish, Kentucky, Tennessee, Texas, Canadian whiskeys. I haven't read every posts on this forum but I would like to recommend Woodford Reserve Double Oak neat or on a single small cube of ice. I only say on a cube of ice depending on the weather or mood you're in. Garrison Brothers Balmorhea kind of falls in that subject also with a cube of ice or neat. Only saying that because I drink outside and a semi chilled Whiskey is nice on a hot summer day. I could go on and on about Whiskey I prefer on the time of day, weather, mood. Hope y'all have tried Whitmeyer's bourbon and rye or single barrel.

Have a great drinking experience my fellow Whiskey connoisseurs.
MarathonAg12
Has anyone been to the Balcones Distillery?

They have a distillery only HIGH RYE BOURBON that looks pretty good. I'm only 40 mins away so I figured why not. Just got to wait for this weather to clear up.
Aggie Hunter
AG
Just finished another bottle of EC. One of my favorites!!
AGBrewer512
MarathonAg12 said:

Has anyone been to the Balcones Distillery?

They have a distillery only HIGH RYE BOURBON that looks pretty good. I'm only 40 mins away so I figured why not. Just got to wait for this weather to clear up.

Go for it, I'll bet it will be fun.

There are a few distilleries that are on my Texas list (Garrison, Crowded Barrel, Milam & Greene, Iron Root, etc.) and Balcones is definitely in the top 3 of that list. Being a proof hound, I always kinda liked that they put most of their stuff out there at close to Barrel Proof. That's a double edged sword as there stuff costs more due to barrels producing fewer bottles the higher the proof you bottle at.

On a similar note, they make a wheater that I've never seen it in the wild. Apparently it is one of those annual releases. Hope I can get my hands on one someday.

https://balconesdistilling.com/spirit/texas-wheated-bourbon/
MarathonAg12
Yes! I saw that too, I'm hoping it's the Texas Weller!
wessimo
AG
Drinking some Four Roses SB by the fireplace and hoping the house doesn't get too cold tonight without power.
Sazerac
AG
Dang, you bros without power bundle up and stay warm.
austinag1997
AG
third coast.. said:

Your wife over looks KEGS but you get the side eye over a bottle of bourbon

Sideeye over 1 bourbon...nah. sideye over 3 bourbons. Yeppers. Turns into an argument 25% of the time. My wifexis a nurse, so preservation is an issue I guess.
First Page Last Page
Page 590 of 1105

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.