Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,836,532 Views | 38393 Replies | Last: 5 min ago by Aggie Therapist
austinag1997
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
MarathonAg12
Droptine's 12 point buck?

Yay or Nay
the dude10
AG
MarathonAg12 said:

Droptine's 12 point buck?

Yay or Nay

Umm is that a bourbon? Never heard of it so unless it's got a quality source I would pass.
MarathonAg12

It's new and just hit the shelves at Specs here in Texas. Looks like they are going for the Stagg look lol
CactusThomas
AG
Move over GTS
Post removed:
by user
62strat
AG
MarathonAg12 said:

It's new and just hit the shelves at Specs here in Texas. Looks like they are going for the Stagg look lol
a tine drop of droptine
tlfw378
AG
MarathonAg12 said:

First run from a California maker, non distiller and undisclosed source. I think I'm going to sit this one out. I hate non transparency.
MarathonAg12
CactusThomas said:

Move over GTS

Gunner33
Local Specs tried pushing this on me too. I passed until I know more about it.
62strat
AG
Interesting reactions.
What more does a whiskey drinker need to know aside from does it taste good to him? Only one way to find that out.

Now, justifying a high price is one thing.. but if it's an average price point?? Worst that could happen is you're out $35 or whatever this is. I have 15 year old bottles because I bought it and it's just not high on my 'like' list.

Meanwhile, a store near me just put up a random lottery for Pappy 15; all you gotta do is like their FB page and tag a name in the comments. randomly picked name gets opportunity to buy at MSRP, $120.

Drawing in 1 week from today.. only 180 entrants so far lol.
strohag
AG
Funny thing is a lot of primo bottles all started out as $35 bottles on the shelf you could buy daily. Last thing I do is run to a message board to talk about how great some new bottle is that I found. I've got some personal favorites that have grown in price 10 to 15 bucks each over the last few years. Point being try it out. If it's to your taste enjoy it. If not you're only out 35 bucks.
kappmeyer
Quote:

Funny thing is a lot of primo bottles all started out as $35 bottles on the shelf you could buy daily.

I feel this way about KC12 and MM46.

When I'm drinking those 2, I think to myself: Do folks know how good these are? Bc if they did, I wouldn't be able to walk in a buy em so easily.
proc
AG
If it's good, word will get out.

So yeah, KC12, WR double oaked, ECBP, 1792 FP, Woodinville are all amazing and will be impossible to find in 6 months. Enjoy the hunt.
MarathonAg12
I've never even seen ECBP or 1792 FP in my neck of the woods.....so it begins.
CharlieBrown17
AG
proc said:

If it's good, word will get out.

So yeah, KC12, WR double oaked, ECBP, 1792 FP, Woodinville are all amazing and will be impossible to find in 6 months. Enjoy the hunt.

ECBP won whiskey of the year in 2017 and is still almost a shelfie in some markets. I'd count that as the word being out.
MarathonAg12
I haven't been to a liquor store in a few days....I'm wondering if they are even getting in shipments. Going to a few when the roads thaw out
Post removed:
by user
Ornithopter
AG
I think Japan gets some Four Roses styles they don't distribute in the US.

They also might not distribute them in the US because it doesn't appeal to American palates.
Post removed:
by user
CTGilley
AG
1792 FP all drops at the same time and for a month or so it is in all the major stores. There is a store in Austin that keeps a 1792 FPSP in stock 365 days a year at retail.
AGBrewer512
MarathonAg12 said:

Like Gilley said, Austin is really good for 1792 FP. I think that ECBP is difficult all over Texas from what I understand.

If you aren't too far from Austin Area, I've got an extra 1792 FP if you are interested. Tell me what you are trying to trade/unload and let's see if we can make a deal.
MarathonAg12
AGBrewer512 said:

MarathonAg12 said:

Like Gilley said, Austin is really good for 1792 FP. I think that ECBP is difficult all over Texas from what I understand.

If you aren't too far from Austin Area, I've got an extra 1792 FP if you are interested. Tell me what you are trying to trade/unload and let's see if we can make a deal.

I'm in Killeen. I've got an extra McKenna 10 year (2010) if you are into that.
AGBrewer512
MarathonAg12 said:

AGBrewer512 said:

MarathonAg12 said:

McKenna is good, but not sure that I'm interested in that right now.

Anything else you're interested in trading?
CTGilley
AG
What is the bottle date? I had a couple events in 2010 that would be cool to have a matching date.
MarathonAg12
CTGilley said:

What is the bottle date? I had a couple events in 2010 that would be cool to have a matching date.

I have two bottles. Both bottled on March 17th 2010
MarathonAg12
AGBrewer512 said:

MarathonAg12 said:

AGBrewer512 said:

MarathonAg12 said:

I've got ER, WT Rare Breed Rye, bowman brothers port finish, JD SBBP, Weller Special Reserve, Jefferson's Reserve Twin Oak
CTGilley
AG
May would have been perfect.

I was drinking a '08 bottle with a buddy last year and we realized it was his graduation date
AGBrewer512
MarathonAg12 said:

AGBrewer512 said:

MarathonAg12 said:

AGBrewer512 said:

MarathonAg12 said:

I've got ER, WT Rare Breed Rye, bowman brothers port finish, JD SBBP, Weller Special Reserve, Jefferson's Reserve Twin Oak

What is the ABV on that JD SBBP?
MarathonAg12
65.25, bottled on 10.30.20, barrel no. 20-06784, Rick no. L-3, 130.5 proof
AGBrewer512
MarathonAg12 said:

65.25, bottled on 10.30.20, barrel no. 20-06784, Rick no. L-3, 130.5 proof

I'm torn between the WT RB and the JD SBBP. What are your thoughts on each one?
CTGilley
AG
I like both. JDSBBP is much harder to find for me. WT RB is always in my house.
MarathonAg12
I love the banana caramel flavor from the JD BP. Goes down great for 130.5 proof. Shockingly, it's one of my more favorite whiskies. Rye has a little spice to it , as expected, but a clean heat.

Overall, I would recommend the JD.
979ag
AG
Not sure who all has tried this, but I picked this Knob Creek Quarter Oak up from a random liquor store in Lewisville last week purely out of curiosity.

It might be my favorite bottle I've every purchased. For $40, it would be a regular grab during any bourbon run. Sadly, since it's a limited release, I can't find it anywhere. And it was the only bottle at the store haha.
AGBrewer512
CTGilley said:

I like both. JDSBBP is much harder to find for me. WT RB is always in my house.

JDSBBP is typically available at either TL or Specs in CP or RR. At least that is what I have seen. If I see another one, I can give you a heads up on location if you would like.
First Page Last Page
Page 591 of 1097

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.