Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,861,877 Views | 38636 Replies | Last: 2 sec ago by Aggie Therapist
Ornithopter
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
What's the story on the PRCA belt buckle?
Aggie Hunter
AG
Stock contractor of the year.
LPHA
AG
jetch17 said:

And with nothing but 95% smokewagonnnnnnnn
Lol bruh lol. Check out all my awesome guns too lol
MarathonAg12
Tell me about Walking Stick.

The guys at my Specs try pushing it to me whenever I walk in because they know I'm looking for buff trace products. From what I gather it's got some sort of claim to be a Buffalo Trace Product, but it also might be a Barton product.

I think it's a Sazerac product sitting at $39.99 collecting dust. Probably why the guys keep trying to sell it to me.
proc
AG
I finally found some Smoke Wagon straight bourbon and small batch last month. No crotch shots or fresh crack photos were posted. I may actually open them this month.
HouseDivided06
AG
Wasn't a fan personally. I thought it had an overwhelming banana flavor to it, and for the money, there are just way too many other things I would rather buy.
Pac1698
AG
My coworker went to look for some bourbon during the lunch break and the guy had a bottle of Eagle Rare that he was trying to sale for $79, I thought it was usually $40-50. Is that right?
jetch17
AG
its usually $30.
Pac1698
AG
Appreciate it!! I'm glad he didn't pick it up.
AGBrewer512
I tried some of the Smoke Wagon Unfiltered Uncut. It really reminds me of Michter's Bourbon Small Batch, just cranked up on all the flavors. Big time toasted oak and sweet. Pretty good stuff, but at $70, a bit pricey for what you get. Not a bad bourbon, just a bit overpriced for what it is...IMO.
07fta07
AG
TW has recently gone up to $35 but yea it should definitely be under $40.
MarathonAg12
Pac1698 said:

My coworker went to look for some bourbon during the lunch break and the guy had a bottle of Eagle Rare that he was trying to sale for $79, I thought it was usually $40-50. Is that right?

Store owner at a mom and pop liquor store sold me the standard 10 yr Eagle Rare for $48.

"Now I'm not like some people that will charge you $90 or a $100"....

I've never tried it and I know how popular it is. The guys on bourbon junkies have it as there everyday bourbon because there is racks of it on the shelves in Michigan!
TThom
MarathonAg12 said:

Pac1698 said:

Store owner at a mom and pop liquor store sold me the standard 10 yr Eagle Rare for $48.

"Now I'm not like some people that will charge you $90 or a $100"....

I've never tried it and I know how popular it is. The guys on bourbon junkies have it as there everyday bourbon because there is racks of it on the shelves in Michigan!

My mom and pop shop has EHT SB on the shelf at $150 and Blantons and W12 at $199. Ridiculous

Unfortunate for them they also had GTS 20 at $199. Helped myself to that one
Sazerac
AG
Nice!
txags92
AG
ER 10 used to be my usual bottle, but not if i have to beg the store manager/owner and pay $50+.
MarathonAg12
I agree, I just wanted to finally be in possession above the bottle.

I just entered a raffle at another place for EH Taylor Small Batch, EH Taylor Single Barrel and EH taylor straight Rye. I do have to pay $395 for the basket if selected. But I'd be more than happy to!

07fta07
AG
If you're willing to pay $395 for that, I've got plenty of stuff I'll sell you.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
07fta07 said:

Right? Entering a raffle for the chance to pay secondary prices?
Sazerac
AG
That's one of the funnier ones I've heard.
Double retail
Avocado Toast
AG
12 year single barrel store pick. $29.99 seems crazy for something this old. First sip is really good.
Bunk Moreland
Unfortunately I think EC SB will be one of the next bottles to have a run. I know that's also a single barrel but any SB in general. It's a top 5 'always available' bottle for me.

Maybe I should treat bourbon like the stock market and start buying it up now before the boom. Only problem is my earnings won't be in dollar form but liquid form
AlaskanAg99
AG
Avocado Toast said:

12 year single barrel store pick. $29.99 seems crazy for something this old. First sip is really good.

I'd be all over that. Too bad it's Denver.
aTm '99
TThom
Nice. I much prefer the EC12 over EC18
MarathonAg12
07fta07 said:

Okay, maybe it was something else then. I'll snag a photo of the entry basket and share the details.

It was at a Twin Liquors and the gentlemen behind the counter said that one of the bottles in the basket alone was worth more than $395 on the secondary market.

I apologize, busy week. More to follow.
Wheatables02
AG
Avocado Toast said:

Welcome back to the good ol years of 2012-2017.
Post removed:
by user
Ducks4brkfast
AG
If it's TW I'm sure there's more to it - I don't think they charge over retail for stuff.
jh0400
AG
That place is a beating, but I hang around to see the random release I might be interested in. I was also able to pick up some good deals on HWE before it was overrun.
AGBrewer512
TamuKid said:

Anyone in Austin area have a lead on Stagg Jr? Don't care on batch. Can't find a bottle at/near retail anywhere. Been wanting to grab one to try for a while. Don't find a lot of time to get to bars (work/kids/wife) so normally can only try by buying.

Also, if anyone's looking to re-supply, Costco (WB Liquors) in Pville had three EHT SmB's on the shelf as of about 1:30pm today.

You been able to find one yet?
TamuKid
AG
Yessir, picked a couple up in trades, and was able to snag one in a TL package a few months back.
AGBrewer512
TamuKid said:

Yessir, picked a couple up in trades, and was able to snag one in a TL package a few months back.
What batch # was it?
schmellba99
AG
third coast.. said:

jetch17 said:

Reading HBS today, I've never seen so many people jack each other off about Eagle Rare hitting town than today ... but then again that's anything that drops in Houston.

But JFC, crotch shots and 'found in the wild!' on ER!?

That place was the absolute worst a year ago, and the new people just kept getting worse and worse. Why are you torturing yourself.
Yep, I finally left the group a year or so ago because it just got annoying AF at all the stupid sht posted all of the time and the constant jacking off over whatever was coming next.
MarathonAg12
Picked up a bottle of Henry McKenna Single Barrel 10 Year, Bottled in Bond.

Interestingly enough, it was gift wrapped with $4 wine, $41 for them both.
Daytona22
AG
Is cured oak really $3500 now???
AGBrewer512
Those are pretty solid. And you were fortunate enough to find it around MSRP. Few years back everyone went crazy on that and it was so hard to find at MSRP. Still got a little bit from a bottle I bought 3 years ago. Probably need to finish that off this weekend.
First Page Last Page
Page 583 of 1104

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.