Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,870,508 Views | 38711 Replies | Last: 2 min ago by Hornbeck
mazag08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
postman56 said:

I've got one last Blantons I can sell for $100 if you want it

$50 juice for $100
SnyderAg02
Thanks. I've heard good things but haven't seen it in Fort Worth. Found some in Nashville.
lazuras_dc
AG
mazag08 said:

postman56 said:

I've got one last Blantons I can sell for $100 if you want it

$50 juice for $100

Considering secondary, this price is not terrible. IF you can find it I've seen retailers sell for $70. Some people are happy to pay $30 markup for not having to drive store to store and buy lunch and give handys.

That being said I wouldn't pay more than 50-60 for the bottle but I have one or two already. For my first one, $100 ain't bad.
CactusThomas
AG
Blanton's is $90 at Twin. $75ish at other places. This isn't 2012. $100 secondary is a very fair price.
djmeen95
AG
CactusThomas said:

Blanton's is $90 at Twin. $75ish at other places. This isn't 2012. $100 secondary is a very fair price.

Scored some Blanton's at WB earlier this year and it retailed for about $70. So yeah - $100 isn't exactly a huge markup.
jetch17
AG
The Specs pick last week was $70 total
Pasquale Liucci
AG
$90 at retail? That is absurd. I can think of 10 whiskeys that retail at or under $50 that are better drinkers than Blantons
schwack schwack
AG
Ready for the Orange Bowl...

TamuKid
AG
Swung by OLC a couple hours ago and they had about 20 left. They had received 32 cases (6 per). So around 192 total combos to sell and they're almost out. Pretty strong demand, even bundled.
djmeen95
AG
Heads up for those of y'all in Houston or wherever there's a Total Wine store - deadline for registrations for Grand Reserve members into their bourbon allocation lotto ends Dec 31st!

They sent an email out to grand reserve members on October 14 (or at least that's when I got mine).

Here's the link to the lotto info:

https://www.totalwine.com/rare-whiskies-and-bourbons-grand-reserve

Merry Christmas all!

AlaskanAg99
AG
A friend of mine visited Japan a few years back. Picked up a few Blanton Black. Decided a year ago ge didn't want his extra, so I paid him for it at cost nearly a year ago thinking id be traveling to bring it home with me. Temps are low, so he shipped it. Arrived in perfect condition.

Now I just need a red.
lazuras_dc
AG
djmeen95 said:

Heads up for those of y'all in Houston or wherever there's a Total Wine store - deadline for registrations for Grand Reserve members into their bourbon allocation lotto ends Dec 31st!

They sent an email out to grand reserve members on October 14 (or at least that's when I got mine).

Here's the link to the lotto info:

https://www.totalwine.com/rare-whiskies-and-bourbons-grand-reserve

Merry Christmas all!

Only need 15,000 more points. What do I buy this week
Ducks4brkfast
AG
I've never understood Blantons black. Why take an already low 94 proof bourbon and offer it at 80 proof? Terrible.
FTAco07
AG
Anybody know what the cutoff is for grand reserve status? I always delete all the total wine spam emails and never had any idea what level of status I had, but apparently it's grand reserve since I could sign up for the raffle.

It looks like I have about 35k points so is that closer to "barely qualifies and you aren't getting anything" or "you should expect to get something"?

Is it based on a single year's worth of buying or is it cumulative since you signed up?
Sazerac
AG

I earned it In 2019 because I made a huge party purchase. I guess it was still active for 2020 but I'm not close to getting enough points to retain again. It did let me register for the '21 drawing.

I didn't get anything in the Feb '20
SnyderAg02
Success!
stroodles
AG
25k is where you get grand reserve status. I'll never get there if it's a yearly accumulation of points. If it's lifetime point then I'll get there eventually.
djmeen95
AG
Grand Reserve is 25K annually. Once you hit you get 25% bonus points so it gets easier to maintain status.

If ya got that status then you're entered into the drawing for a shot to buy an allocation bourbon.
CharlieBrown17
AG
Pretty easy to game the system a bit, they usually do a 5x points on direct to them wine or spirits a few times a year. That is if you're serious about getting Grand Reserve
FTAco07
AG
Thanks all. Sounds like 1) I buy too much booze and 2) I should start paying attention to their spam emails
Sazerac
AG
A pour of THH and the final round of wrapping.

Hohoho!
AlaskanAg99
AG
Ducks4brkfast said:

I've never understood Blantons black. Why take an already low 94 proof bourbon and offer it at 80 proof? Terrible.

I wouldn't say 94 proof is low, given the standard is 80p.

Its just a different expression that used to be a longer age than the US standard. And I picked it up at cost, given how crazy anything is these days, I wasn't going to say no. If not your jam, thats OK.
GarlandAg2012
AG
Merry Christmas to me! Lady friend nailed it.
the_batman26: I guess yall need this, its something to take pride in. At least the Feds trusted us with the Space Center; and I seem to recall the Feds not having the best time in Dallas.
SpiderDude
AG
stroodles said:

25k is where you get grand reserve status. I'll never get there if it's a yearly accumulation of points. If it's lifetime point then I'll get there eventually.

**** points. Just walk into OLC Christmas Eve, get handed a shot of GTS, and walk out with The World Whiskey of the Year (according to Jim Murray)... it is really ****ing good!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! Remember... this year Christmas is on Fryeday.

Cowboy Curtis
AG
Merry Christmas! -Raju
John Francis Donaghy
FTAco07 said:

Thanks all. Sounds like 1) I buy too much booze and 2) I should start paying attention to their spam emails

No need to pay attention to the spam emails. Just set up your account on their website, and you can log in whenever you want to check your status. There is no redeeming qualities to the Total Wine email barage. Best left to the spam folder.
Aggie Hunter
AG
What's your bourbon of choice for a smoked old fashion?
MOCO9
AG
Merry Christmas, y'all. Wife did well!
SpiderDude
AG
Aggie Hunter said:

What's your bourbon of choice for a smoked old fashion?

Smoke wagon.
SpiderDude
AG
Merry Christmas ladies and gents!!!
Sazerac
AG
Nice lineup.

I really like blown glass, wife got me these little sippin cups. And here I thought she wasn't supportive of this hobby!

GarlandAg2012
AG
Gf continues to nail it. Sad she had to pay secondary to get it but thrilled to try it.
the_batman26: I guess yall need this, its something to take pride in. At least the Feds trusted us with the Space Center; and I seem to recall the Feds not having the best time in Dallas.
SpiderDude
AG
Sazerac said:

Nice lineup.

I really like blown glass, wife got me these little sippin cups. And here I thought she wasn't supportive of this hobby!

Very nice! Venetian? Venice has some amazing blown glass... that's why I ask.
SpiderDude
AG
GarlandAg2012 said:

Gf continues to nail it. Sad she had to pay secondary to get it but thrilled to try it.

Stagg Jr is excellent and actually beat GTS in a blind I did recently with my BiL. I'd be curious to hear how you'd compare it to a good KC120.
Sazerac
AG
I prefer KC120 and think ECBP is even better

It's not Venetian. It's from Central Texas. I have a bunch of glass. 'Majority is from Washington state but have stuff from Michigan and North Carolina as well.
First Page Last Page
Page 566 of 1107

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.