Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,859,974 Views | 38613 Replies | Last: 26 min ago by Bulldog73
GarlandAg2012
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I have an ECBP at home so I can compare to that but need to grab a KC120.

the_batman26: I guess yall need this, its something to take pride in. At least the Feds trusted us with the Space Center; and I seem to recall the Feds not having the best time in Dallas.
CharlieBrown17
AG
Bumping the discussion thread above the trading thread
Cowboy Curtis
AG
Feliz Navidad!
Outdoorag011
Drinking some EHT Straight Rye and Willet Rye. A good rye is hard to beat around the holidays!
LPHA
AG
Got a Redbreast Lustau edition for Christmas. Not a bourbon, but it's damn ass good
Bourbon Junkie
Next time you're in Waco and thirsty, check out Barnett's. That's a world-class inventory. I've never seen Double Eagle Very Rare offered anywhere (I didn't say it was cheap).

https://www.barnettspublichouse.com/drink
MW03
AG
Wow. Early Times BiB going for $20 for a 2oz pour?
AggBock
AG
For real? That is the cost of the bottle
Bourbon Junkie
MW03 said:

Wow. Early Times BiB going for $20 for a 2oz pour?
$10 for that 2oz

More than a few crappy prices. I'll probably go with the ETL ($11), W12 ($8.25) or Michter's 10 year bourbon ($18) 1 oz pours.
lazuras_dc
AG
Bourbon Junkie said:

Next time you're in Waco and thirsty, check out Barnett's. That's a world-class inventory. I've never seen Double Eagle Very Rare offered anywhere (I didn't say it was cheap).

That's a legit menu
mazag08
AG
LPHA said:

Got a Redbreast Lustau edition for Christmas. Not a bourbon, but it's damn ass good

For our annual whiskey tasting we had Redbreast 15 and Redbreast 12 in the lineup along with all the Spots and Jameson 18. All amazing stuff. Love Irish whiskey.
txaggie05
AG
In New Orleans and this happened. I had already ordered an OWA pick they had before I saw this. Got the GTS...it was so freaking good.

LPHA
AG
I don't have much Irish whiskey. I think only the Knappogue Castle 16 year actually, which is also incredible. I need to dive into that world. Not really a scotch fan, especially the peated *****
Bulldog73
AG
See, not everything in Waco is completely God forsaken and useless.
kappmeyer
Did a few blind tastings this weekend.

The dark horse winners that no one thought would win...

Buffalo Trace and Makers 46

Either high dollar stuff is over rated, our tasting capabilities suck, or there is just some really good stuff for under $50 that can be had on the shelf.
AggieBarstool
kappmeyer said:

there is just some really good stuff for under $50 that can be had on the shelf.
Yep!
Sazerac
AG
What else was in the line up?
kappmeyer
Buffalo Trace
Makers 46
Eagle Rare
Blade and Bow
Russell's SB
Russell's 10
Weller SR
Milam and Greene
mazag08
AG
kappmeyer said:

Did a few blind tastings this weekend.

The dark horse winners that no one thought would win...

Buffalo Trace and Makers 46

Either high dollar stuff is over rated, our tasting capabilities suck, or there is just some really good stuff for under $50 that can be had on the shelf.

High dollar stuff is good. That's why it's sought after. But there is PLENTY on the shelves that is top notch. You just won't get the same amount of pats on the back for buying it.
mazag08
AG
Blade and Bow is very underrated. It has amazing flavor comparable to a lot of higher priced stuff. But the weak proof keeps it from reaching its potential. I wish they would offer a barrel proof version. I'd spend $75 easy.
CrottyKid
AG
Buffalo Trace is hard to beat.
Gladiator 96
AG
New to thread. Trying Knob Creek 90 Smoked Maple.
SpiderDude
AG
Bourbon Junkie said:

Moonshine in Avery Ranch has it behind the bar. That is a crazy menu tho. Reminds me of Whiskey House in San Diego's menu.
mazag08
AG
Tried Knob Creek 9 year single barrel.

Amazing bourbon. I consider it a half notch below Bookers, but at half the price, I might never buy Bookers again. It's decently complex with notes of vanilla, peanut, and a heavy dash of charred oak. 120 proof and I wouldn't add any water. It's perfect how it is.

Those of you dead set on overspending for the hard to find stuff. You have this at your fingertips.
txaggie05
AG
mazag08 said:

Tried Knob Creek 9 year single barrel.

Amazing bourbon. I consider it a half notch below Bookers, but at half the price, I might never buy Bookers again. It's decently complex with notes of vanilla, peanut, and a heavy dash of charred oak. 120 proof and I wouldn't add any water. It's perfect how it is.

Those of you dead set on overspending for the hard to find stuff. You have this at your fingertips.

Shhhhhhh
Phat32
AG
New to thread. Currently stocking:

Angel Envy
Eagle Rare
10th Mountain
Woodford
Pappy 10

What should I try next? What is the current list of hard but not obscenely hard stuff to find in TX?
RebelE Infantry
AG
Not hard to find but I am a huge fan of Old Forester 1920. Highly recommend!
The flames of the Imperium burn brightly in the hearts of men repulsed by degenerate modernity. Souls aflame with love of goodness, truth, beauty, justice, and order.
kappmeyer
Quote:

What is the current list of hard but not obscenely hard stuff to find in TX?

Anything that comes out of Buffalo Trace brand of offerings. Including BT.

For some reason, my local small shop just started allocating BT. Yellow sign on the shelf. "Allocated - 1 P/P"

Dumb.

lazuras_dc
AG
RebelE Infantry said:

Big fan of the OF1920, last night just blinded it against a Makers Mark Private Select (from Spec's... not sure if considered a store pick?) and Makers surprisingly stood up really well. It had a little more spice to it and seemed to hit as more proofy even though its 110 vs. OF 115 but could be my OF has been opened for a few months and the MM is new
SpiderDude
AG
kappmeyer said:

Quote:

For some reason, my local small shop just started allocating BT. Yellow sign on the shelf. "Allocated - 1 P/P"

Dumb.

That's it. I'm out!
CrottyKid
AG
Buffalo Trace is 1 per customer at Liquor Barn in Lexington, Kentucky.
kappmeyer
Is there any way to know how long An offering will be on the shelf?

Like a special run. Anyway to know?
62strat
AG
yukmonkey said:

New to thread. Currently stocking:

Angel Envy
Eagle Rare
10th Mountain
Woodford
Pappy 10

What should I try next? What is the current list of hard but not obscenely hard stuff to find in TX?
The elusive pappy 10.

Must be new here!
mazag08
AG
kappmeyer said:

Quote:

Dumb.

Allocating Buffalo Trace is so insane. It's good for bottom shelf whiskey and that's about it, in my opinion.
mazag08
AG
lazuras_dc said:

RebelE Infantry said:

Big fan of the OF1920, last night just blinded it against a Makers Mark Private Select (from Spec's... not sure if considered a store pick?) and Makers surprisingly stood up really well. It had a little more spice to it and seemed to hit as more proofy even though its 110 vs. OF 115 but could be my OF has been opened for a few months and the MM is new

Even with the decently high proof OF1920 is a softer whiskey than most of the standard heavily oaked bourbons out there. What I love about it is the distinctly cherry flavor that comes through. It's a hard flavor to get without a cask finishing. It's also hard to balance that flavor and still have it taste distinctly like the bourbons we all know and love. It's an impressive offering.
First Page Last Page
Page 567 of 1104

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.