Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,927,385 Views | 39310 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by AgDev01
SpiderDude
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Daytona22 said:

How's that Muckety Muck? Haven't opened mine up yet.

Good but not $200 good. Fair amount of peat. I'm wondering if it was an Islay.
SpiderDude
AG
lazuras_dc said:

How's that old forester 150? Is that something anyone sees "out in the wild" ?

This one was a fruit bomb. Stone fruit, red apple, raisins. It's not something you'll see just sitting around. My buddy got a call from a store clerk connection.
muleshoe
AG
Not sure if this is the exact place/forum to post. If not please let me know...

I have a handful of collectible bottles I've accumulated over the years, and looking to possibly sell.

Makers Mark Keeneland Bottles (numbered) - going back to 1997, which I am pretty sure was the first issue. All of them are signed. Signatures vary depending on the year; except for 2000, which is empty. They had no bourbon.

Also have a couple of Woodford Reserve Kentucky Derby Bottles, oldest is 1999. These are not signed.

Lastly...not a collectible.....a Woodford Reserve VIP bottle, Batch No. 1. It is in a small wood box, open window in front/back.

If interested, drop me a note......Thanks!
TamuKid
AG
Cheers!
txag2008
AG
Not exactly bourbon, but got to try this last night at a neighbor's house.

Great smell & finish
CactusThomas
AG
Not exactly bourbon but was able to score some June Bug's in Wells Branch, TX. Better than scotch.
Sazerac
AG
This is a great - and relatively available - pour
SpiderDude
AG
TamuKid said:

Cheers!

15 year.
CharlieBrown17
AG
RIP well aged KC picks
EastTexAg14
AG
Allegedly there is only one KC pick coming to Texas next year.
GarlandAg2012
AG
Goody Goody allocated raffle is today I think. Anyone get the call?
the_batman26: I guess yall need this, its something to take pride in. At least the Feds trusted us with the Space Center; and I seem to recall the Feds not having the best time in Dallas.
Robert C. Christian
AG
GarlandAg2012 said:

Goody Goody allocated raffle is today I think. Anyone get the call?

No but will pay attention to my phone now that I know.
lazuras_dc
AG
Got a bottle of Blade and Bow today just to try. Don't think I've seen it mentioned on here.

Nose is stronnng and proofy at first. Once it airs it a bit you get a nice honey caramel nose that's very pleasant.

First sip was pretty oaky and spice caught me a little off guard. Second one could taste the caramel/vanilla come through. Over all not bad !
jsn1986
AG
is/has Costco liquor stores already handled the allocated stuff? I assume no in person raffle this year but i hadn't actually heard.
Sazerac
AG
Houston Costco last wednesday....seems other cities hadn't got it yet
CTGilley
AG
The one in Pflugerville said they were told they will not be getting BTAC.

I did walk in and get a bottle of EHS SmB. The flavor is good with some sentimental attachment. It has been my old roommate and I's "nice" bottle since it was released. I always kept one on hand for when we got together. I had no idea it was allocated until last year when I went to replace the one we had finished.

I find it taste different then just about anything else. It is hard to place in a blind because I can always pick it out right away.
Daytona22
AG
Few pages back but they put it out on the shelves for first come first served. No raffle. Houston already done. Dallas hadn't seen it yet. My buddy checked in LA Thursday with no luck yet there either.
showtime
AG
txag2008 said:

Not exactly bourbon, but got to try this last night at a neighbor's house.

Great smell & finish

Friend of mine was living in Taiwan and brought me back a bottle of that Kavalan in 2016. One of the greatest whiskies I've ever had.
kappmeyer
How does one go about finding a replacement for their favorite whiskey that can no longer be found?

Love me some Eagle Rare.

Can't find it.

Suggestions for a similar replacement that can be had on the shelves?
Sazerac
AG
It comes in stock but places like specs keep in the back and you have to ask.

Elijah Craig small batch is the most similar IMO and always in stock.
CTGilley
AG
Early Times BiB would be a good replacement but I hear it will not be around for too long.
MJ20/20
AG
Now is a good time to look for Eagle Rare. Picked up several bottles last week. As mentioned above, ask at Spec's and hit up a couple total wines.
MJ20/20
AG
**if you're in Houston.
CactusThomas
AG
kappmeyer said:

How does one go about finding a replacement for their favorite whiskey that can no longer be found?

Love me some Eagle Rare.

Can't find it.

Russell's Reserve 10 year. Same age statement, same proof, similar price and readily available.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
Just come here and get one.
CTGilley
AG
CactusThomas said:

kappmeyer said:

Love me some Eagle Rare.

Can't find it.

Russell's Reserve 10 year. Same age statement, same proof, similar price and readily available.
... and better whiskey
CactusThomas
AG
I like it better. Most of the time.
CTGilley
AG
CactusThomas said:

I like it better. Most of the time.
The only thing I truly enjoy from Buffalo Trace is EHT. There are several more from Heaven Hill and Turkey.
SpiderDude
AG
CTGilley said:

Early Times BiB would be a good replacement but I hear it will not be around for too long.

Sazerac bought the label from Brown-Forman. I've not heard that they're getting rid of it. I'll be pissed if so. It's about as good of a daily drinker as you can find for the price and proof.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
Picking barrels at Buffalo Trace
Ducks4brkfast
AG
Winner winner chicken dinner
MJ20/20
AG
I know its a bourbon thread, but with the extensive liquor store experiences of the congregation here, I have a gin question. Besides Smith St. Specs what liquor stores in Houston have the best gin selection? I'm looking for a small batch gin that I used to have shipped to my house, but all of my online sources are now refusing shipments to Texas. Any help is appreciated.
CactusThomas
AG
That looks delicious
CTGilley
AG
SpiderDude said:

CTGilley said:

Sazerac bought the label from Brown-Forman. I've not heard that they're getting rid of it. I'll be pissed if so. It's about as good of a daily drinker as you can find for the price and proof.
I have had several store managers tell me Sazerac plans to discontinue the line but that could just he hear say. I am not sure what benefit it would be to Sazerac. Google told me nothing.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
CactusThomas said:

That looks delicious

Can confirm. Nothing better than drinking bourbon literally straight from the barrel.
First Page Last Page
Page 556 of 1124

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.