Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,836,972 Views | 38397 Replies | Last: 1 min ago by AugustusGloop
John Francis Donaghy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
CactusThomas said:

That looks delicious

I dunno. Looks a little oaky to me.
Sazerac
AG
just curious how many people are you splitting the barrel with / how many bottles will each be buying?
CactusThomas
AG
I hope to get to do that someday.
What kind of barrel were yall picking?
Sazerac
AG
looks like standard BT
Ducks4brkfast
AG
Sazerac said:

just curious how many people are you splitting the barrel with / how many bottles will each be buying?

There are 51 members in this group.
Sazerac
AG
so about 4 bottles @ $25+tax each on average
Avocado Toast
AG
Has anyone had EH Taylor single barrel before? I have a store near me, but they are asking $100 for it. Worth it or nah?
07fta07
AG
I like the small batch better in most cases. I wouldn't pay $100 for it, but a lot of people would/do.
tlfw378
AG
Admittedly...I've dropped a C note on EHT Single Barrel...
CTGilley
AG
I would. It is $60 msrp but it was $80 at Specs 8 years ago.
Sazerac
AG
I also like small batch better.
I wouldn't pay $100, but if you are dying to try it. That's not outrageous. I just saw the small batch for $150 at the overpriced small local.

I did pay $79 or $89 for the EHT Straight Rye from Twin this summer.
LPHA
AG
The EH Taylor SiB I have is one of the best bottles I've ever had. It was much better than the 18 year marriage sample, and barrel proof sample I had. Side by side with the small batch made me consider dumping the small batch or at least using it as a mixer. I don't know if I got incredibly lucky with it or what, but I'd probably pay 2-300 if I could buy that specific single barrel without thinking twice.
lazuras_dc
AG
I've paid 100 for worse whiskeys
Avocado Toast
AG
Thanks for the feedback, if it's there tomorrow after work I'm gonna grab it. If anything it will be a nice bottle to try with my dad and brothers sometime.
Bourbon Junkie
Avocado Toast said:

Thanks for the feedback, if it's there tomorrow after work I'm gonna grab it. If anything it will be a nice bottle to try with my dad and brothers sometime.
If they have an extra or two, what would you need to make it worth your while to hook me up?

I'll be between Dallas and Houston the rest of 2020.
AGdent07
AG
Tomorrow is the official single barrel selection for buffalo trace. Barrel selections begin at 11 am. I have spoke with a couple of you who are members of the single barrel select program. If anyone else is a member please try to login and help us select a barrel. In 2019 and 2020 all barrels immediately sold out. So you need to be logged in and ready to select/purchase at the moment it starts. There is about a 3% chance of getting a barrel so we need all the help we can get. I know we have discussed several different barrels (Weller full proof, Weller antique, EHT single barrel, blantons). They are also doing the first Stagg jr barrel. If we have enough people we can try to select different barrels (coordination would be nice so each person can try to select their barrel). Please message me if you are a member of single barrel select and would like to help. Being a member is free and only requires a registration. Thanks and feel free to PM me
Baby Billy
AG
Fairly new to Bourbon. Like a lot of others, I got hooked in the height of "quarantine" this past spring as something to while everything was closed.

OF 1920 is mentioned on this thread a lot. Finally picked some up this weekend and tried it. I get all the hype now
stroodles
AG
Bourbon Junkie
Dent,

I just signed up and will give it a shot tomorrow. My email is tatum75204@yahoo.com.

That Stagg Jr is calling my name.

RenoAg
First off - my apologies to those who wanted a ECBP. My mule had to cancel his trip. I'll let yall know when I get back through Mississippi again. I'll be making a stop for myself.

Anyone have an opinion on WhistlePig10? Saw one today for $80. Also anyone try High West double rye? Seemed worth a try at $37. Wouldn't expect anything special at this price point. But figured I'd ask. I've not ever tried either.
AGdent07
AG
Bourbon Junkie said:

Dent,

I just signed up and will give it a shot tomorrow. My email is tatum75204@yahoo.com.

That Stagg Jr is calling my name.

Yeah that would be really awesome to get a barrel from the first barrel release of Stagg Jr. Jump on that if you get a chance. I would suggest looking for that first and then just placing an order for what is available next.

We have decided our order of interest is Weller FP, EHT SiB, Stagg Jr, Weller Antique, Blantons
Sazerac
AG
to be fair, YOU decided that's the order of preference
Stagg JR, WFP, OWA, EHT, Blantons, ER would be my choice...but I think we all will feel fortunate to get one of anything...and probably kinda perplexed if we end up with 8 of them.
AGdent07
AG
Sazerac said:

Stagg JR, WFP, OWA, EHT, Blantons, ER would be my choice...but I think we all will feel fortunate to get one of anything...and probably kinda perplexed if we end up with 8 of them.
I based our preferences on the previous poll. At the time there was no Stagg Jr. Im good with any of the above. To me it's about just trying to secure our first barrel. Then we can get the joy of naming our inaugural bottle.

Im dreaming about securing a barrel and the Ags making it into the CFP.
Sazerac
AG
Anyone see Old Ezra 7 on a shelf recently?

I never see it, but got a bottle this summer and really like it at 117 proof if priced under $40
tlfw378
AG
Is that 11:00AM central time?
07fta07
AG
Yes
Bourbon Junkie
Just got an email from Buffalo Trace and they don't list Stagg Jr or EHT SiB as an option. OWA, WFP, ER & Blanton's are still available though.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
FWIW the very first barrel of Stagg Jr is being picked today at the distillery. A charity barrel that went for $70k+. Would make the bottles ~$600 each.
Jdrexgman
AG
AGdent07 said:

Sazerac said:

I based our preferences on the previous poll. At the time there was no Stagg Jr. Im good with any of the above. To me it's about just trying to secure our first barrel. Then we can get the joy of naming our inaugural bottle.

Im dreaming about securing a barrel and the Ags making it into the CFP.
I've signed up and will try and get a barrel in order of the preference you listed. Figure a few of us working this would increase our chances!
AGdent07
AG
Thank you for those of you who have signed up and are willing to help secure a barrel. I'll try to send out a reminder as we get close to 11 am.
kappmeyer
How does this work if someone secured a barrel? Dividing up amongst multiple folks? Just curious incase I end up with one in my basket.
MJ20/20
AG
I signed up and will give it a shot as well.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
Heaven Hill barrel pick underway
MJ20/20
AG
Ya'll doing Elijah Craig at HH?
SpiderDude
AG
Elijah Craig or Larceny?
First Page Last Page
Page 557 of 1098

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.