Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,863,733 Views | 38665 Replies | Last: 43 min ago by Pac1698
Sazerac
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Low proof swill
Ducks4brkfast
AG
Sazerac said:

Low proof swill

Better?
Sazerac
AG
Much
jetch17
AG
tlfw378
AG
I'd like a bottle.
62strat
AG
Ducks4brkfast said:

Sazerac said:

Low proof swill

Tonight's pour better?

Is that a Hank 5 glass?
Ducks4brkfast
AG
Never heard of Hank 5

Edit: wrong emoji lol
62strat
AG
Ducks4brkfast said:

Never heard of Hank 5

Edit: wrong emoji lol
me neither. Thought maybe I was outta the loop.
SpiderDude
AG
Anybody tried this? Just picked up a bottle... I'm excited to get into it!
the dude10
AG
Saw my first BTAC of the year in Austin area. Passed on GTS for $450. This place has typically been ~$100 cheaper than other stores on this stuff but has crept up in price along with secondary.
Bourbon Junkie
the dude10 said:

Saw my first BTAC of the year in Austin area. Passed on GTS for $450. This place has typically been ~$100 cheaper than other stores on this stuff but has crept up in price along with secondary.

2019 GTS or 2020? 2019 is def not worth $450.

Anyone had the 2020 GTS yet? If so, how does it compare to the 2019?
the dude10
AG
Pretty sure it was 2020, though I suppose the distributor could have given them an old bottle. I think it was 130.? proof
CTGilley
AG
It was 2020. They had 4 bottles and only one left after 30 minutes
GarlandAg2012
AG
2020 is going for 600-650 right now on secondary I think. Not sure if its a lot better than 2019 or just initial hype
the_batman26: I guess yall need this, its something to take pride in. At least the Feds trusted us with the Space Center; and I seem to recall the Feds not having the best time in Dallas.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
It's better (has to be) according to what I've been told.
jsn1986
AG
I've really liked the MGPI Old Scout and really disliked the Dickle sourced stuff.
GarlandAg2012
AG
Cracked this open tonight, my first foray into Woodford Double Oaked. I like it a lot.
the_batman26: I guess yall need this, its something to take pride in. At least the Feds trusted us with the Space Center; and I seem to recall the Feds not having the best time in Dallas.
GarlandAg2012
AG
Next on deck. Picked this up today, like it a lot more than their offering that was finished in The Prisoner Barrels, but it's still quite unique and probably not everyone's taste. Distinct orange flavor.
dmart90
AG
Ducks4brkfast said:

Sazerac said:

Low proof swill

Better?

Jealous...
CTGilley
AG
They went back to MGP this year.
BlackLab
AG
New to bourbon...has anyone tried Still Austin? Pretty tasty.
TamuKid
AG
My kid's Elf is about to lose his magic.
trouble
AG
Yep. Joined their Order of Nancy for free samples. The monster mash was different but not my thing. I've got the new sherry finished rye but I haven't tried it yet.
BlackLab
AG
I'm a fan of this musician straight bourbon whiskey. I normally don't like it neat either but this stuff is good.
trouble
AG
Yes, we got a bottle of that when they were doing the online tasting events. It's not bad.
RenoAg
Tonight's lineup: Blantons Bourbon Street store pick from 2016 that I just opened up, regular Makers Mark, Rare Breed Rye. Very underwhelmed on the Blantons. Been a long while since I've had Blantons and I had high hopes for this store pick. Slightly sweet. One note of caramel. Bland. Very smooth but I prefer a punch in the mouth instead of smooth anyway. MM was decent. Nothing special. Actually liked it better than the Blantons. Rare Breed Rye on another level. Much more flavorful and flavors linger long after it leaves the mouth versus Blantons flavor disappearing practically immediately after it left the mouth. Feels thicker. Blantons seemed almost watery.

I'm not a Blantons hater entirely. I've had worse. Once upon a time I really liked it. Not anymore. I'm definitely over ever thinking of it as something to be highly desired despite difficulty obtaining it around Htown. I actually usually really like their SFTB. Maybe I've morphed into a proof snob. If I have any more unopened regular Blantons in my shrinking bunker I might need to offer it up to any Htown folks chasing it. Does nothing for me anymore.
MJ20/20
AG
Rare breed rye is a national treasure.
trouble
AG
Trying the Treaty Oak Old Fashioned tonight. It's a bit sweeter than I prefer but it's damn tasty for a premixed cocktail.
CharlieBrown17
AG
CTGilley said:

They went back to MGP this year.

My understanding is that's it's MGP distilled but aged in house by old scout
SpiderDude
AG
MJ20/20 said:

STFU... worst Rye I've ever had... if you have it throw it out... but not in the trash... leave it on your porch and pm me your address and I'll come ensure it's disposed of properly.
SpiderDude
AG
SpiderDude said:

Anybody tried this? Just picked up a bottle... I'm excited to get into it!

I think it lived up to my self imposed hype. You get the pear and rum sweetness up front and more of the bitter Amaro on the finish. There are other notes there but I'm too drunk now to give them meaning. Nose is rich with vanilla and light oak. 9/10 would buy again. Moved onto this...

RenoAg
SpiderDude said:

MJ20/20 said:

STFU... worst Rye I've ever had... if you have it throw it out... but not in the trash... leave it on your porch and pm me your address and I'll come ensure it's disposed of properly.

Probably the best semi-readily available rye at a liquor store to be had these days. Michters barrel strength rye is still probably the best value in my mind even at 200ish secondary. But that's just my personal palate and fortunate financial status talkin. Wouldn't say it's over 2-3 times as good as Rare Breed. Just that the price for what my palate prefers is worth it to me for special occasions.
MJ20/20
AG
I got a Ryan's liquor saggamore rye pick that is awesome. Just a solid spicy rye that is perfect for a late fall / winter evening.
Latrobe
AG
I finally found my first bottle of rare breed last week! Been looking for about 4 months. Excellent Rye!
SpiderDude
AG
Agreed. I just hope it doesn't get added to the permanent list of tater bait like so many others.
First Page Last Page
Page 549 of 1105

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.