Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,847,844 Views | 38480 Replies | Last: 8 hrs ago by rca21978
FlyFish95
How long do you want to ignore this user?
How much are y'all seeing the EC 21 go for? I've seen two bottles in Houston in the $130 range.
Señor Chang
AG
I want to say the cash price for EC 21 was in the low 120s at Specs.
schmellba99
AG
Where did you see the EC bottles at in Houston?

It's not cheap, but I'd love to pick one up.
austinag1997
AG
I have a spare one I'm still willing to trade!
aggiederelict
Helped a friend move this weekend and gives me a bottle of bourbon as thanks. To my surprise it was a bottle of PVW 12 YR lot b. She got it as a gift over 10 years ago but doesn't like bourbon. Best move ever.

[This message has been edited by aggiederelict (edited 2/5/2014 8:38p).]
schmellba99
AG
What do you want to trade Austin?

Unfortunately I don't have a whole lot of spare to trade, but maybe we could work something out. The EC 21 is possibly the best bourbon I've ever had, and that's saying something.
joshwayne330
Anybody looking for a Stagg '13? Have an extra.
Hudson2508
AG
I'd love a bottle of Stagg. You selling or looking for a trade?
joshwayne330
Either way would work, depends on what you have to trade. Shot me an email - username@yahoo
austinag1997
AG
schmel,

Just let me know what you have. You can PM me or email me. I don't drink the EC21 enough to justify two bottles of it.

pointventureag AT gmail account
Kid A
AG
Anybody interested in trading for a Pappy 20 (must include a bottle of 15) or a Stagg '13? Prefer to deal locally in Dallas.
ka
Kid A,

I have Stagg and some other stuff to offer. Shoot me an email kurt.amend at gmail.
HTownAg98
Is there a list somewhere of all the abbreviations and what they stand for? I've got no clue what you guys are talking about half the time.
austinag1997
AG
These are the one most prevalently seen in this thread... that come to mind:

BTAC - Buffalo Trace Antique Collection
TH - Thomas Handy
GTS - George T. Stagg
WLW - William Larue Weller
ER17 - Eagle Rare 17

PVW - Pappy Van Winkle

AECS - Angel's Envy Cask Strength
EC21 - Elijah Craig 21 y/o
FR - Four Roses

I'll add more as I think of them.
Mathguy64
AG
Couple of others.

FRSmB Four Roses Small Batch
FRSB Four Roses Single Barrel
FR125. Four Roses 125th Anniversary
JPS. Jefferson Presidential Select
HH. Generic Heaven Hill juice
agmatt06
AG
Purchased Willet Pot Still Reserve. Anybody else have it before?
austinag1997
AG
Yep... it's a pretty good value.
agmatt06
AG
Yeah..I'm becoming more of a fan of the different Willet options. Each one has been pretty solid.
austinag1997
AG
Noah's Mill is really good.
wadd96
AG

"It's not revenge... It's a reckoning." - Marcus Luttrell, USN Retired.

[This message has been edited by wadd96 (edited 2/11/2014 10:56a).]
htxag09
AG
I was out at Cedar Creek last weekend and they had Old Forester Birthday Bourbon so I gave it a shot. I was very pleased, will be adding it to my collection when I find a bottle.
joshwayne330
^^^ Good luck finding that at retail. It lasted about 4 days when it was released this past Fall.
joshwayne330
quote:
Purchased Willet Pot Still Reserve. Anybody else have it before?

The coolest part about the Willett Pot Still is the bottle, tastes very young/green to me.
joshwayne330
quote:
Yeah..I'm becoming more of a fan of the different Willet options. Each one has been pretty solid.

Might as well save some money and buy Heaven Hill products. My guess is that's where they source a majority of their bourbon for their regular shelf products.
austinag1997
AG
I'm not so sure about that. Geographically, that makes the most sense. However, I didn't get that impression when I asked them directly about that. Admittedly, they weren't real forthcoming about the origin... but I got the impression Heaven Hill wasn't the source. Of course, I may have read the tea leaves wrong!
Ducks4brkfast
AG
Booker's 25th Anniversary.

Excited about this, or gimmick?
joshwayne330
quote:
I'm not so sure about that. Geographically, that makes the most sense. However, I didn't get that impression when I asked them directly about that. Admittedly, they weren't real forthcoming about the origin... but I got the impression Heaven Hill wasn't the source. Of course, I may have read the tea leaves wrong!

You basically have to buy your own barrel from Willett to find out what's in your bottle. Yes, they source from every major distillery besides MM. With the shortages though, HH is probably the only viable candidate to source the majority of their product line due to the fact that HH has over a million barrels aging. They actually probably blend barrels from multiple distilleries to hit the profiles they want. I have heard of private retailers getting Willett to bottle from single barrels sourced from Brown Foreman, WT, and BT. But those are all from their Family Estate line. I am actually receiving a 9 year barrel proof wheater from Willett that is supposedly from BT and drinks as good as WLW. Only time will tell...
austinag1997
AG
I have one of those now... bought it from Willett in October. Haven't gotten around to trying it.

121 proof.
tx4guns
AG
I have an extra bottle of Yellow Spot that I'd like to trade. Email or PM offers. Looking for Pappy 15 or FR 125 or something in that quality range.
bonfiresmoke
Quote from Echoes97
quote:
Holy crap, not to derail the PVW discussion, but one of my good Ag buddies gave my wife and I one of those Deep South 1.75L aging barrels for a wedding gift and it is pretty awesome!

I aged a 1.75L of Eagle Rare for 6 weeks, and it is pretty amazing how it changes the character of the bourbon that quickly. It adds significant flavor depth, and takes a little of the burn off. Don't get me wrong I LOVE Eagle Rare as is, but just was pretty impressed w/ the extra barrel aging version also.

Thought y'all might be interested...

http://www.deepsouthbarrels.com/

I did this several years ago and it worked out fantastic. I matured a bottle of Old Charter 8 yr old and made a very nice drink.

I had a larger barrel that I used to make a Port blend. That barrel is still going today.

Here is a link to my blog that has not been updated in forever. http://backroombourbonhome.blogspot.com

I recently found a new source for barrels. http://oakbarrelsltd.com/ They have pretty good prices.

The process turned a below average 8 yr old bourbon into something that was plesent to drink.

Bonfiresmoke - Gig 'em Aggies!
Atty_Ag
Just bottled at Garrison for the spring 2014 release. Not my favorite batch - much drier. I also picked up a couple bottles of their new single barrel.
schmellba99
AG
I've been small barrel aging whiskey for about 9 months or so now. I have a 2L barrel and a 3L barrel that I play around with.

Lots of fun, and you can take a middle of the pack bourbon like Maker's or Buffalo Trace and make it a very smooth and enjoyable daily drinker. If anything, it's fun just playing around to see what the results are.
Oknows
AG
Is $55 for a George T stag barrel blend a good price?
Mathguy64
AG
2013 GTS (and all BTAC for that matter) retails for $70. Stagg Jr was $52-55 If I recall.
joshwayne330
quote:
Is $55 for a George T stag barrel blend a good price?

HUH?!?!?
First Page Last Page
Page 53 of 1100

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.