Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,852,476 Views | 38543 Replies | Last: 37 min ago by TexAgs1992
Hudson2508
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I love my bottle of Lot B but it's really hard for me to ever drink knowing it's likely the last bottle of Pappy I'll ever own unless I get really lucky.

I've had a pour of the 15 and thought it was better than Lot B but they are both amazing.

If anyone ever wants to help a fellow Ag out I'd be willing to pay whatever you ask for a 15+ PVW or any of the BT antique collections that were released this year.
Señor Chang
AG
Jim Beam has been sold to the Japanese company Suntory.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_BEAM_ACQUISITION?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2014-01-13-07-19-30
joshwayne330
quote:
I love my bottle of Lot B but it's really hard for me to ever drink knowing it's likely the last bottle of Pappy I'll ever own unless I get really lucky.

I've had a pour of the 15 and thought it was better than Lot B but they are both amazing.

If anyone ever wants to help a fellow Ag out I'd be willing to pay whatever you ask for a 15+ PVW or any of the BT antique collections that were released this year.

At this point, we ALL have to get lucky to find any Old Rip Van Winkle products. So put a little effort into it next Fall and finding the 10 or 12 year is really not that difficult. Send me an email at username@yahoo.com and we can discuss your inquiry.
ballchain
austinag1997
AG
I have a bottle of ER17 that i would like to trade for any of the other BTAC. I am in the Austin area. PM me if interested.
dmart90
AG
Tried Garrison Brothers at Opal Devine's in Austin Saturday night, after the Singing Cadets concert (scored an RC signed football in the silent auction ). The Garrison was twice the price of the Blantons (which I also had) and half the bourbon, in my opinion. The Garrison had a nice nose, but it was very rough. As the ice melted, it got a little smoother. But for the price, I was disappointed.
showtime
AG
For anyone interested, I have several bottles of 10 year (some 90, some 107) and the 12-year Van Winkle(s) I'm open to parting with for the right trade. PM if interested.
Hudson2508
AG
Lot B? No stars but email me at my username @ gmail.com when you have a chance.
Señor Chang
AG
Willing to sell instead of trade?
agmatt06
AG
Had my first glass of Stagg Jr today. O wow does that kick back.
austinag1997
AG
That Lot B is good stuff. I'll buy or trade for it. If you get down to me on the list, let me know what you are looking for.
austinag1997
AG
For the price, Stagg Jr is a pretty good value. I have consumed 3 bottles already. Lots of fudge in it.
Mathguy64
AG
This made me get my Stagg Jr out of the cabinet. That first sip is a brute but it settles in with that great Stagg nose and flavor. I really get lots of notes of dark chocolate.
Post removed:
by user
Quantum ace
AG
Has anyone seen Elmer T Lee in the Houston area recently? My regular store is out, and I haven't had a chance to start looking around for it yet.
joshwayne330
quote:
Has anyone seen Elmer T Lee in the Houston area recently? My regular store is out, and I haven't had a chance to start looking around for it yet.

Best bet is to go to any Specs and have them look up the inventory for all local stores.
Kid A
AG
I've done bottle searches on their website, and it's usually accurate. Just make sure to call the store to double check.
Kid A
AG
Specs website says the downtown Houston, College Station and San Antonio stores have limited availability.
ka
Spec's downtown is out of ETL, but the newest dump is coming sometime soon. They bumped up the proof to 93 in tribute of Mr. Lee. I have seen pics online of it showing up in other places. TX is usually a week or so behind.

[This message has been edited by ka (edited 1/16/2014 9:47a).]
MAROON
AG
Taste tested Pappy 23 yr last night up against Pappy 15 yr at a store. Actually preferred the 15yr. Both were nice. Also tasted a Glenrothes 25 year old scotch - amazingly smooth.
joshwayne330
quote:
Taste tested Pappy 23 yr last night up against Pappy 15 yr at a store. Actually preferred the 15yr. Both were nice. Also tasted a Glenrothes 25 year old scotch - amazingly smooth.

What store does 'tastings' of PVW?!?
austinag1997
AG
Same one that does tastings of Screaming Eagle.
schmellba99
AG
I had some Four Roses 125 last night. It may well be my favorite bourbon ever, and that includes other distills like Pappy 20, 15, etc.
joshwayne330
quote:
I had some Four Roses 125 last night. It may well be my favorite bourbon ever, and that includes other distills like Pappy 20, 15, etc.

I can't argue with that! Have you tried the 2012 FR LESmB? It's equally as good. Wish I would have stockpiled more than 3 bottles of each...
FlyFish95
The 2013 Eagle Rare 17 is towards the very top of my list.
Mr. McGibblets
AG
I have a BTAC-ER for sale if anyone is interested. My email is mr mcgibblets03 at gmail

SOLD

[This message has been edited by Mr. McGibblets (edited 1/22/2014 7:53p).]
chadclay
AG
Email sent.
Mr. McGibblets
AG
Nothing received...There are no dots or spaces in the email name.
coachallout
AG
EMAIL SENT
Ducks4brkfast
AG
Just don't leggo that GTS before I've made it over there. Lunchtime is not looking good for me now.
austinag1997
AG
I have an EC21 that I would be willing to trade off. Taking offers... preference would be GTS or Handy. With the cost of the EC21, not a 1 for 1 trade.
ka
EC21 is still on shelves. I feel like it would have to be a 1:1 trade regardless of retail price.
Señor Chang
AG
The Specs in San Antonio on De Zavala has an EC 121 left. They also have one Angel's Envy Cask Strength.
austinag1997
AG
Ka,

Fair enough. I would consider a 1 for 1 trade for Handy or Lot B.
The Silverback
AG
Not sure if that has been mentioned or discussed but Morels Steakhouse in the Palazzo has the 10, 15, 20, 23 and Rye Pappys.

Think the 20 goes for about $46 a glass, which seems about standard.
First Page Last Page
Page 52 of 1102

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.