Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,868,731 Views | 38691 Replies | Last: 31 min ago by trouble
ILikeTacos
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
KyleJ2012 said:

Saw Old Tub at a Liquor Depot for $45. They must follow the hype beast Instagram accounts pretty closely.

Wtf. I bought 5 bottles at specs for $17 a bottle. It's great for my home bar well bourbon but not for that much!
GarlandAg2012
AG
I've been frequenting a place that is a little higher than normal retail but generally has some harder to find stuff in stock, and I've talked to the owner and he just bought the place 18 months ago and is really trying to step up their bourbon game. He just got his first store pick in (Its a 13 year Barrell bottle that is really good but pricey at around $100). I don't mind paying $5-10 more for good stuff but I inquired about his Cream of Kentucky 12.3 that was sitting behind the counter and his price on it was $239.99 which is well above even secondary from what I've seen.

It was his one employee who checked the price so maybe that's what he has it for in the system and he would give me a better price/be willing to negotiate, but still. I was a bit disappointed.
07fta07
AG
07fta07
AG
He told me $75 for ER and $150 for Blanton's. His normal stuff on the shelf is way overpriced also. I went once and won't go back.

He bragged about how he has 1-2 guys that he holds "the good stuff" for and they pay whatever he asks anytime he gets it in.
Tyrone_The_Tuna
AG
07fta07 said:

He told me $75 for ER and $150 for Blanton's. His normal stuff on the shelf is way overpriced also. I went once and won't go back.

He bragged about how he has 1-2 guys that he holds "the good stuff" for and they pay whatever he asks anytime he gets it in.
He told me the exact same thing.
Avocado Toast
AG
Cleaned up today
Sazerac
AG
danggggg

what city? big box or small shops?
Avocado Toast
AG
Denver, it a place called Argonaut. About as big of a box store as we have here. $63 for the ECBP $58 for the stagg.

Edit, typed $48 instead of $58
Gunner33
Nice score. Great prices
Ducks4brkfast
AG
Need more pics up in this bish
CactusThomas
AG
From deer (dove) camp a week ago.

Daytona22
AG
Some promise of hope, lone whisker, and weller 12 tonight
Daytona22
AG
That POH in the background??
CactusThomas
AG
Looks like it. Cant beat PoH
Ducks4brkfast
AG
That it is. Killing some bottles.
Buck Compton
AG
POH?
Sazerac
AG
Top shelf

AGdent07
AG
On to the next one. It was a great run.
62strat
AG
Avocado Toast said:

Cleaned up today

was there a lot of stagg? I work near argonaut.
Fall92
AG
Weekend haul. Mix of trades and purchases
"I did nothing. I did absolutely nothing, and it was everything that I thought it could be."
Avocado Toast
AG
Nah, it was the only bottle. The ECBP was one per customer, so I bought one and took it home and changed clothes and then went back for the other. The also had 2 Heaven Hill BiB, but those were gone by the time I went back.
Sazerac
AG
Avocado Toast said:

changed clothes and then went back
Saint Pablo
How are y'all liking Elijah Craig toasted barrel? I love regular ol Elijah Craig and the Barrel Proof is one of my favorite bourbons. How does the toasted barrel compare?
62strat
AG
Sazerac said:

Avocado Toast said:

changed clothes and then went back

man that's dedication. Especially in a 'mask required' culture.

I've purchased a limit item, put it in my car, then walked right back in to buy another with another cashier before lol. Much more of a lazy and higher risk approach, but that's all the effort I'm putting into it.
Orozco05
Saint Pablo said:

How are y'all liking Elijah Craig toasted barrel? I love regular ol Elijah Craig and the Barrel Proof is one of my favorite bourbons. How does the toasted barrel compare?

Personally, I was disappointed. I'm a fan of Heaven Hill products in general. Toasted barrel disappeared on the palate extremely quick, if that makes sense. No lingering flavors for me.
Naveronski
AG
I brought my wife with me to Academy to buy a second box of ammo.
austinag1997
AG
Avocado Toast said:

Nah, it was the only bottle. The ECBP was one per customer, so I bought one and took it home and changed clothes and then went back for the other. The also had 2 Heaven Hill BiB, but those were gone by the time I went back.

I bought 10 ECBP in NOLA. Tons of it on shelves. Cant find it in Austin. Weird.
Sazerac
AG
It's Texas distribution laws leading to not enough supply IMO.

Went by 5 places. Nothing tough to find available.
CharlieBrown17
AG
Sazerac said:

It's Texas distribution laws leading to not enough supply IMO.

Went by 5 places. Nothing tough to find available.

Combo of the distro and the population dispersal in Texas leading to dense areas of demand.

Mississippi has backwards ass, state controlled distro and ordering but ECBP was pretty widely available. No centralized population centers really so even if a store only got a case typically it was available for 2-3 weeks.
Sazerac
AG
I've finally cracked and had a couple pours of the EHT Single Barrel. Doesn't stand out for me. Need to try it vs the last of the Small Batch I have left, which I really like.

Maybe I'm just too into the high proof stuff and everything else tastes muted...
FTAco07
AG
Has anyone tried the various Makers Private Selections? I hit two stores in Dallas last week that each had their own wood combination, but only bought the total wine version. My first couple sips were neat and I didn't like this one at all so I added two ice cubes and it completely changed the flavor to something I enjoyed.

Would love to compare the different versions if others have a different wood combination.

CactusThomas
AG
I have had several now and really like them, generally. Some better than others of course. I think it's very interesting how the preparation of the staves has such a big impact.
CactusThomas
AG
Pretty damn delicious.
CharlieBrown17
AG
I have 2/3rds of a SiB and won't buy it again, doesn't justify the price increase over the small batch
Avocado Toast
AG
62strat if you work near downtown you can grab some ECBP
First Page Last Page
Page 528 of 1106

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.