Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,868,739 Views | 38691 Replies | Last: 33 min ago by trouble
kdawg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I will find and see what they are asking and get back with you. Have plenty of Blanton's if your interested
kdawg
Just sold my last bottle and looking to restock I will let you know what I get!
kdawg
It's really hard to keep a price list as I sell just about as quickly as I get it. I can quote prices currently on Blanton's as I was able to get cases. SIB is 125, Black 350, green label 225, gold 450, red 350
Outdoorag011
Is ECBP worth picking up for $70? It's C919
Bunk Moreland
Don't mean to take away from your business operation here, but we can try to keep this thread more about bourbon as a hobby/personal enjoyment and not a marketplace? General conversation about cost/pricing is fine but you've got 6 posts on this page alone trying to promote what you can sell/get for people.

You all have stars. Take it to DM for that stuff.

Ducks4brkfast
AG
kdawg said:

Have plenty of Blanton's if your interested
Because you're asking more than secondary.
the dude10
AG
Outdoorag011 said:

Yes. That's the kinda bottle I'm talking about buying more than one of... pretty much all buffalo trace stuff is limit one but when you find ECBP many times you can get more than one.
HouseDivided06
AG
I'd say yes to ECBP at $70. I had that batch and enjoyed it but I've liked all batches I've had of theirs. That's assuming you like barrel proof bourbon of course
Sazerac
AG
I'd buy ECBP @$70 Buy it and sell it to me
One of the bottles I'm always hunting.

Picked up an OF 1920 based on y'all a recos.
Also grabbed a KC Rye Cask. Not rare, but thought I'd treat myself.
Elsjuan
AG
Sazerac said:

I'd buy ECBP @$70 Buy it and sell it to me
One of the bottles I'm always hunting.

Picked up an OF 1920 based on y'all a recos.
Also grabbed a KC Rye Cask. Not rare, but thought I'd treat myself.

i have two extra ECBP A120, id be willing to sell. I'm still working on the A119 bottles i traded for.
DDSO
AG
Seeing what Blantons sells for. I am going to pass. Thanks thought.
Sazerac
AG
I'm in Houston, let me know what you want for it
Elsjuan
AG
Sazerac said:

I'm in Houston, let me know what you want for it
email me at elsjuan10@gmail
ill be in houston sometime this week.
Sazerac
AG
emailed. can remove if you want.
MW03
AG
Since we can upload pics now, I was thinking it might be interesting for the thread to show what we're seeing on the shelves. Then people can check out the pics and make suggestions about what is available in the pictures, comment on pricing, etc. I know some people are loathe to point out their favorite spots, so no worries. Still, might be a good way to get trying new stuff. I know I'm better remembering the look of the bottle than the name 90% of the time when I'm out shopping.
Superdave1993
AG
Outdoorag011 said:

I have never had a bad ECBP. $70 is more than I find it for but I would pay that if I needed another bottle.
SpiderDude
AG
Outdoorag011 said:

ALL DAY EVERY DAY.
SpiderDude
AG
Just to show you relationships matter...I went to check out a new store (for me). I watched the store manager sell a guy a GT Stagg. I was "creepin'" and they thought I was out of earshot but I wasn't and saw the bottle as well. He proceeded to tell the same guy they had Larceny BP and ECBP. I didn't get the same offer but I was polite and talked with said manager a bit about what I was looking for. I plan on going back regularly to build a rapport and hopefully score future deals. You could tell the guy that purchased was a regular and they were comfortable talking. And no, I won't disclose the store. ;P
Avocado Toast
AG
Toasted barrel went quick, finishing it off with two of my brothers in Breckenridge. I would definitely buy again for $45.

Ducks4brkfast
AG
FriYay pours
MW03
AG
Anyone have makers 101 before?
betadawg1
AG
I picked it up when it was a duty free exclusive. Never could acquire a taste for it and gave it away.
Pasquale Liucci
AG
Grabbed a Balcones Rye Sib Specs Pick today and was super excited to check it out (I'm a rye hound and had heard good things). Pretty disappointed honestly. Going to give it another shot tomorrow and hope it improves but man...

Lots of oak and chocolate up front, middle of the tongue tastes very young, almost like the wheaty notes of the Treaty Oak Ghost Hill single barrel, and the finish has mint and then the 120 proof shows up.

At this point, I am kicking myself for not grabbing the KC Specs Pick SiB Rye. It's about 126 proof and one of the top three ryes I have ever had. Wanted to try something new but alas
Sixdrakes
AG
Outdoorag011 said:

yes
SpiderDude
AG
MW03 said:

No and why would I when I can buy the cask strength?!
Maker's cask strength >>> Maker's 101 just like
WT Rare Breed >>> WT 101.
Just another marketing gimmick to make people buy another bottle. *sips on Blanton's Gold
SpiderDude
AG
Yeah, Ryes my whiskey of choice but not been a fan of the Balcones Rye. Too much green pepper on the pallet. They need to stick with what they're good at... Texas Single Malt. It's what put them on the map and has kept them there.

You should buy the Treaty Oak 10 year rye. It's on clearance at Twin for $35. Find me another 10 year Rye at 100 proof for that much. Go ahead, I'll be here waiting.
Pasquale Liucci
AG
I've only seen that one at TW Woodlands before. I'll check it out if I get the chance again. Thanks for the tip
SpiderDude
AG
Lester Freamon said:

At this point, I am kicking myself for not grabbing the KC Specs Pick SiB Rye. It's about 126 proof and one of the top three ryes I have ever had. Wanted to try something new but alas

I thought the KC SiB Ryes were all 115 proof?!
MW03
AG
SpiderDude said:

MW03 said:

No and why would I when I can buy the cask strength?!
Maker's cask strength >>> Maker's 101 just like
WT Rare Breed >>> WT 101.
Just another marketing gimmick to make people buy another bottle. *sips on Blanton's Gold

Lol. You're alight, spider. I don't care what Tommy says.

MW03
AG
i bought one, and i'm ready to declare it an underrated wheater. i know higher proof will garner more love, but this is so very well balanced. at at $35? double endorsement. very enjoyable drink.
SpiderDude
AG
Nm.
SpiderDude
AG
And if you did mean the Ghost Hill... yes, I personally like it tho some on here don't. I have a 120 proof pick off it in fact.
MW03
AG
Now I'm confused. I'm taking about this one.
Pasquale Liucci
AG
Mm could be that I'm misremembering, I'll try to snap a picture on my way home later when I'm running errands. My wife is really going to be proud if I come home with a bottle to replace the one I bought yesterday
SpiderDude
AG
Gotcha... thought you were referring to my Treaty Oak post. Carry on.
First Page Last Page
Page 526 of 1106

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.