Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,867,203 Views | 38675 Replies | Last: 4 min ago by SydB92
betadawg1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Saw a Blanton's for $79.99 +tax and as much EHT Small Batch as anyone could want.
Tyrone_The_Tuna
AG
betadawg1 said:

Saw a Blanton's for $79.99 +tax and as much EHT Small Batch as anyone could want.
jetch17
AG
Go up 3 posts. NYC.
Naveronski
AG
Good haul today!
Outdoorag011
How many back up bottles does everyone like to have before opening a harder to find bottle? Me personally.... 0 haha. I gave up looking for allocated stuff 6 months ago so all my back ups are gone but I'm interested in some of yalls answers. A guy I know likes to have 5. He has 4 blantons gold and still hasn't opened a bottle. Pretty stupid if you ask me but what do I know.
Johnsy3
AG
Honestly 0 for me too. I'd love to have a few but I'm no BMA and I've got a decent collection of around 20-25 bottles so I can find something to tickle my fancy.

I'm also half expecting there to be plenty of BT products in 3-4 years. I know they recently expanded and I'm just waiting for it to finish aging. And maybe this bourbon craze will die down a bit and leave some good bottles for us regular folk
Sazerac
AG

I have 3 labels unopened: Blantons, EHT SiB, LittleBook
I have 3 opened with backup(s): THH, ER, EHT Rye
Everything else is single bottles opened.
jetch17
AG
Dumb. I'm not extensive in collection but keep 5-6 bottles open and enjoy accordingly. I love regular ol ER's and EHTs among others, and will pick em up if I see em for drinking, but not multiples at a time.

Otherwise, whatever I can get, it's getting opened, enjoyed, shared and put down! Hoarding and flipping ain't my bag
CharlieBrown17
AG
I'm probably up to around 100 bottles with 55 or so open. Backups of some and some I just haven't got to yet. Nothing currently being "saved" for anything.
CactusThomas
AG
Zero.

I might hold back a bottle for a special occasion but I'll open it when I find an excuse without a backup.
Daytona22
AG
For the really hard to find... I like to have one back up. If there's no way I'll ever get another one then go ahead and open it up on a special occasion. Won't live forever.
CharlieBrown17
AG
Daytona22 said:

For the really hard to find... I like to have one back up. If there's no way I'll ever get another one then go ahead and open it up on a special occasion. Won't live forever.

I waited til I graduated pilot training to crack my THH. And my birthday for the Belle Mead SiB I have barreled the same date.

I like to set short term goals
07fta07
AG
I don't wait for backups, but I might wait for a reason/occasion to open a good bottle. I don't buy it to look at it - I buy it to drink it.
SpiderDude
AG
62strat
AG
I was able to go through 4-5 bottles of blanton's with always finding another before my current one was empty.

Last bottle, emptied last xmas party, and haven't found one since (only really 'hunted' for a few months, since then it's been very casual looking)

They are definitely harder to find here now then they have been in the last few years.
TRD-Ferguson
AG
I was doing the same thing with Blanton's. Now down to my last half bottle with no re-supply in sight.
kdawg
Hey guys if y'all are looking for Blanton's I'm here in BCS and I have or can get as much as you need! I have distributors in most of the countries that Buffalo Trace ships it to. Canada, Japan, France, Australia, etc... If your interested in 2020 SIB I have bottles for $125.00 and premiums for up from there. Let me know. I can ship as well. I have most all Buffalo Trace products as well such as Wellers OWA, etc..
Copp
What is your price for blanton's sftb?
tlfw378
AG
Do you have a price sheet you can text or email.?
Cowboy Curtis
AG
Kdawg is the hardest working man in bourbon.
DDSO
AG
What about ETL?
Bigfootisreal
I'd be interested in the EH Taylor line- Single Barrel, Barrel Proof, etc.
Sazerac
AG
So Sazerac Inc is sending bottles across the globe, where they are being purchased locally, shipped back to the USA, and resold at huge markup.

Middlemen and shipping companies profit more than the bourbon companies!

Hope with increased production they can flood the market in a few years and end this madness...
jetch17
AG
DDSO said:

What about ETL?

It's alot.
DDSO
AG
Yeah I would imagine but it doesn't hurt to ask. I am cheap and don't over pay bourbon, but I might make an exception for ETL. I wish I would have stocked up on it when it was easy to find.
the dude10
AG
I know it's frowned upon here but if I find something at MSRP that is somewhat difficult to obtain and the store allows me to purchase more than one bottle I am going to, every single time. I don't get out to the stores often so my chances of coming across it again are very low these days. Never sold a bottle, traded just a few times. I will sit a few bottles deep in something though if I happen to come across it multiple times within a couple months. Rest assured, it's going to be enjoyed though.
62strat
AG
i don't think I've ever seen something difficult to obtain that wasn't limit 1.

Heck even a store by my work, they may get a blanton's, a colonel, and a stagg jr in, and it's limit 1 total.. not even of each.
CharlieBrown17
AG
**** it man I do the same. Ended up with a case of michters barrel strength rye that way
Sazerac
AG
everyone here would do the same
FriedTex
AG
I would flip the hell out of any Pappy Van Winkle
Superdave1993
AG
FriedTex said:

I would flip the hell out of any Pappy Van Winkle
I was finally able to try Pappy 15 last week, and I would honestly keep a bottle of it around if it was available at retail. I really enjoyed it, but I think I would agree with you that in the current market I would flip it. The only bottle that I have "flipped" was a Makers 46 with the blue and silver Cowboys dip. I swapped it for two bottles of regular 46, and everyone was happy with that. It would be hard to pass up the secondary profit for Pappy.
jh0400
AG
I have had all of the Van Winkle line, and the only one I'd be tempted not to flip would be the VWFRR. I think I've come to realize that watered down wheaters aren't my thing.

ETA: Last year I was in a small town liquor store near my parent's house, and there were a few OWAs on the shelf. I bought one for my stepdad and left the others even though the store had no issue selling me all of them.
FriedTex
AG
If PVW tasted like WLW, that would be a different story
kdawg
Thank you I try my best to find whatever anyone is after!
kdawg
Coop I'm in the process of trying to negotiate for more SFTB, it sold quickly and I will be able to quote a price as soon as I have a purchase made. I have plenty of SIB at $125, Black at 350, Green label special reserve 225, gold at 450, and Red at 350. Let me know
First Page Last Page
Page 525 of 1106

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.