Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,861,002 Views | 38622 Replies | Last: 5 min ago by Tom Cardy
the dude10
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Awesome, thanks!
austinag1997
AG
CactusThomas said:

I have a THH that I would like to trade. Willing to sell but interested in a trade for bourbon

Sure I got something worth trading. Will be home Monday evening, and check the cabinet.
CactusThomas
AG
OWA, blanton's and eagle rare are in stock at total wine in Corpus this morning
austinag1997
AG
So I may be willing to part with one of these 25 yr old bottles (Barrel #2876). Retail was $500; secondary in the $2,000 range. Would take something of equivalent value and desire to me. A single THH probably wouldn't do it and I love THH.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
Bernheim?
Goodest Poster
AG
CactusThomas said:

I have a THH that I would like to trade. Willing to sell but interested in a trade for bourbon

Throw me in the convo too
Sazerac
AG
Is THH the Tom Handy Rye it something else?
CactusThomas
AG
Correct. Thomas H Handy rye.
Sazerac
AG
Also my fave. Have a couple unopened bottles. Might trade one for something special.
austinag1997
AG
third coast.. said:

what else would you be interested in? I am probably game to trade.

I have no clue when I throw stuff out there. I'm just thinking this board needs more trades than chases. I always just look for offers. May take them, may not.
Baby Billy
AG
Found Eagle Rare at Owl's Liquor in Santa Fe, NM
Ducks4brkfast
AG
Looks like Heaven Hill. I'm on the hunt for Bernheim wheat if anyone wants to sell/trade.
austinag1997
AG
They always were mysterious about the source of their distillate. Most figure much of it came from HH. Willett was very successful (tastewise) in their aging.
Bunk Moreland
Oh look at me. I'm having fun in Santa Fe!
MW03
AG
Never had the boss hogg, but I do have the 15 year and it's really good. I grabbed an early times bib today. Excited to try it.
Wheatables02
AG
Ducks4brkfast said:

Bernheim?

Probably HH
austinag1997
AG
MW03 said:

Never had the boss hogg, but I do have the 15 year and it's really good. I grabbed an early times bib today. Excited to try it.

I finished a BH about 3 months ago. Its really good, but it better be for $400 - $500.
RGRAg1/75
AG
Anyone care to do a rundown of all the acronyms in this thread? I'd love to be on the lookout for some things listed here to try, but I can only identify a handful of the labels listed as acronyms here. TIA!
jh0400
AG
https://whiskeyid.com/abbreviation-glossary/
HouseDivided06
AG

austinag1997
AG
We generally do a poor job keeping folks abreast of abbreviations. Heck, I have to figure out a few.
austinag1997
AG
Nice list HD06!
austinag1997
AG
Thirdcoast and jft:

PM me with what you are thinking. I quit chasing bourbon a couple of years ago. These were the result of my last KY trip.
RGRAg1/75
AG
HouseDivided06 said:

Johnsy3
AG
I usually see SB for small batch and SiB for single barrel
CharlieBrown17
AG
Johnsy3 said:

I usually see SB for small batch and SiB for single barrel

Yeah that list isn't terrible but it's definitely old and getting worse over time
StEdsCOOG
Anyone ever had Smoke Wagon Desert Jewel? I didn't realize that it had been discontinued and I have an opportunity to buy a couple of bottles. I cant wait for Spec's to start selling the other Smoke Wagon products.
CharlieBrown17
AG
Don't know how spread distro is yet, but saw the return of 9 year Knob Creek SmB this weekend for the first time
WreckitRalph90
AG
Was hunting for random finds and found a few knob creek CS Rye from 2018. Kind surprised still around.

Came across a GTS and wanted to ask. What's fair pricing on that?
Cowboy Curtis
AG
Fair? MSRP: ~$120. Reasonable secondary:~$450
WreckitRalph90
AG
$650
AGdent07
AG
Trying to complete my set of 1792. Looking for high rye, 12 year, port, and 225th anniversary. I'd be willing to trade or buy if you are interested. I plan on opening it up and drinking it. Not just trying to collect a picture set here or flip it. Thanks in advance.
Bluecat_Aggie94
AG
I don't understand how people remember all the details that many of y'all do on bourbon. I had two friends over on Friday night and they had three prime bourbons (according to them) to taste, and I can't even recall what they are on Monday. It's dizzying what y'all remember.

I have the same observation on golf. Some friends can recall every round, almost every shot, for years. I remember that I played golf last weekend, but I can't replay every shot like some people can.

I guess I'm just not wired for it. (and to respect that, knowing I wouldn't appreciate it, I refrained from drinking their expensive bourbon and just had some cheap beers!)
mazag08
AG
Time, experience, passion..

To most people, whiskey is whiskey. You throw it down your throat, wince, make some joke about being tough because you stomached whiskey, then you go drink your hop flavored piss water.

Most of us, at some point, realized that when sipped at the right temperature and at the right pace, there were flavors beyond the standard "whiskey" flavor that we were tasting. Then we got curious. We started reading about the different types. We starting buying. Then we compare them. The we read more, engage our friends and family, taste more, but more. On and on.

Whiskey is unrivaled except for wine in the nuances and variety of flavors you can get. The whiskey world is crazy, but once you learn the basics of bourbon, irish, scotch, Canadian, etc it really isn't hard to form the knowledge.
First Page Last Page
Page 459 of 1104

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.