Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,856,764 Views | 38586 Replies | Last: 33 min ago by AgCzar
the dude10
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Oh there are a few bottles of weller 12 in there. Not my favorite but good trade bait. Plus I have a buddy who loves the stuff.

So my wife works in construction and designed our house. We actually added an extra pantry for this sole function. Made the shelves at different heights for the different bottle designs and added the front trim to make sure there aren't any accidents. That plus the coded automatic door lock means this room is built for functionality and safe keeping, not display lol We couldn't decide on how we wanted to sort it so it's mostly done by distillery
CharlieBrown17
AG
I recognize some of those ECBP

Nice display and stock
Sazerac
AG
Pretty crazy collection.

Showed it to my wife to make sure she never gives me crap about any purchases.
Sazerac
AG
Pretty crazy collection.

Showed it to my wife to make sure she never gives me crap about any purchases.
Sazerac
AG
the dude10
AG
Glad I could be of assistance haha. My wife used to give me crap until I finally had her try it enough times that it clicked for her and now she's worse than I am. She loves to cook so I attacked it from the angle of trying to pick out subtle nuances and flavors in the bourbon, almost like cooking.

And you definitely should recognize a bottle or 2 of those EC haha, though those might have already met their fate
MW03
AG
The San Francisco World Spirits Competition awards for 2020 are out.

https://www.sfspiritscomp.com/results/

In case you were curious, Weller SR got a gold medal in the straight bourbon category, while Weller OWA got a bronze in the same category.

In other news, I have an unopened 1.75 Weller SR that I will happily trade for two OWAs.

Bunk Moreland
that's actually probably how I'd land too. I have a bottle of 107 and enjoy it but I think I prefer SR more.
aggielostinETX
AG
MW03 said:

The San Francisco World Spirits Competition awards for 2020 are out.

https://www.sfspiritscomp.com/results/

In case you were curious, Weller SR got a gold medal in the straight bourbon category, while Weller OWA got a bronze in the same category.

In other news, I have an unopened 1.75 Weller SR that I will happily trade for two OWAs.

Insanity
“A republic, if you can keep it”

AggieKatie2 said:
ETX is honestly starting to scare me a bit as someone who may be trigger happy.
mazag08
AG
It's not all trash.. they got some right..

Quote:

Best Distillers' Single Malt Scotch No Age Statement
Aberlour A'bunadh Single Malt Scotch, Highlands, Scotland
ALCOHOL: 61% RETAIL PRICE: $100
Quote:

BEST BOURBON BEST SMALL BATCH BOURBON BEST SMALL BATCH BOURBON - 6 TO 10 YEARS
Barrell Bourbon Batch 021 10 Year Old Cask Strength,
ALCOHOL: 53.1% RETAIL PRICE: $90
Quote:

Best Small Batch Bourbon - 11 Years and Older
Eagle Rare 17 Year Old Kentucky Straight Bourbon, Kentucky, USA
ALCOHOL: 50.5% RETAIL PRICE: $100
mazag08
AG
Here's the list of all straight bourbons from the SF awards.

Buck Compton
AG
mazag08 said:

Here's the list of all straight bourbons from the SF awards.

Damn it, take OF1920 off the list! It's my daily and **** like this will make it fall victim to hoarding. My local twin liquors always has a bottle on hand.
CharlieBrown17
AG
Absolutely bizarre that a bar entered their pick of makers mark
mazag08
AG
I stand by OF 100 proof being the best bang for the buck, period.
Bunk Moreland
It's very good.
Sazerac
AG
What does that retail for?

$40 out the door for a handle of wild turkey 101 is my best "Daily drinker bang for the buck and readily available in Houston".
AgDev01
AG
22 bucks for a 750, so cheaper than WT101 at that size. only the 86 comes in 1.75

never tried it before but tempted to go grab a bottle of the Filibuster after work
MJ20/20
AG
AT 232 proof you better buckle up.
CharlieBrown17
AG
https://www.totalwine.com/spirits/bourbon/wild-turkey-101/p/1862175-1

Unless you meant old Forrester only comes in an 86 1.75.

Either way turkey beats the hell outta OF
AgDev01
AG
Of course i meant the Old forester, I was adding that to context as to why i was comparing the price at the 750 size.
mazag08
AG
CharlieBrown17 said:

https://www.totalwine.com/spirits/bourbon/wild-turkey-101/p/1862175-1

Unless you meant old Forrester only comes in an 86 1.75.

Either way turkey beats the hell outta OF

No doubt, but at $20-$25 bucks, for that price point, not much else can compete in my mind.
trouble
AG
Looks like maybe Peche isn't closing?

https://instagr.am/p/CAyEsFAlbAz
RenoAg
austinag1997 said:

Have any of you tried the Van Winkle Rye? If so, how does it compare to Boss Hog or THH?

I've only had one pour of van winkle rye. It was very light and delicate. Honestly I'd tell you it's the best of the van winkle line. I love me some THH but I usually prefer higher proof bourbons/ryes. Can't go wrong on either of these. THH is definitely more affordable relatively speaking. Easily the better value. Can't compare to Boss Hog as I've not tried it. Although I do have a bottle of BH III the Independent. Just haven't opened it. BH does have somewhat mixed reviews in the past. Love or hate kind of thing.
CharlieBrown17
AG
Honestly THH is my favorite whiskey.

The only thing I've enjoyed anywhere near as much is some of the older PHC releases.
MOCO9
AG
mazag08 said:

I stand by OF 100 proof being the best bang for the buck, period.

It's great. Early Times is also a great value.
the dude10
AG
At one point I thought GTS was my favorite but I have changed my opinion to THH. It's really freaking good. Never tried boss Hogg but I know I have a bunch of specs pick 10 year whistlepig that is pretty awesome stuff.
CharlieBrown17
AG
I think most boss hogs are finished in something so not necessarily my jam for rye

I'll buy pretty much any WP10 pick I find. Waiting to get home from a temp duty right now to pick up two bottles of a barrel I picked
SpiderDude
AG
trouble said:

Looks like maybe Peche isn't closing?

https://instagr.am/p/CAyEsFAlbAz

They can't have their OWA barrel pick back. That **** is already on lockdown.
SpiderDude
AG
CharlieBrown17 said:

Honestly THH is my favorite whiskey.

The only thing I've enjoyed anywhere near as much is some of the older PHC releases.

Wish I knew. That's probably bottle #1 on my wish list. If I could grab one BTAC that's what I'd go with. Austin's a ****ty town to stumble onto that bottle.
CharlieBrown17
AG
I originally tried it in bars a few times, mostly comped for the poor college kid with the gift of gab and a knowledge of bourbon/rye

The bottle I have I paid between retail and secondary and have only drank out of the day I got my wings. I'll probably have another pour when I get done with C-17 school in a few weeks
jh0400
AG
I'm not sure what it's going to be like going forward, but most of the WP10 picks have been the Alberta barrels, and BH is MGP. I've got a Black Prince, and while good it's no THH.
the dude10
AG
CharlieBrown17 said:

I think most boss hogs are finished in something so not necessarily my jam for rye

I'll buy pretty much any WP10 pick I find. Waiting to get home from a temp duty right now to pick up two bottles of a barrel I picked

Any more of these Charliebrown17 bottles available for us common folk?
the dude10
AG
I grabbed all of my THH bottles in the Austin area, but all were close to secondary price. Since handy is for some reason priced the lowest on secondary of the BTAC, I don't feel too bad paying up a bit for my favorite whiskey. Not sure what secondary is anymore, but I got all of mine for $200-$250, might have paid $300 for one. It's a lot for a single bottle but with bourbon/rye prices creeping up across the board it's not totally outlandish to me if it means securing my absolute favorite thing to drink.
CactusThomas
AG
I have a THH that I would like to trade. Willing to sell but interested in a trade for bourbon
CharlieBrown17
AG
I'll text the owner to see if he has any left he can put back for me
First Page Last Page
Page 458 of 1103

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.