Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,869,274 Views | 38692 Replies | Last: 41 min ago by Bulldog73
Cowboy Curtis
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I guess "charity" isn't the most appropriate word. Without getting into too much detail it's for a family member that's had a few major medical episodes and a venue is hosting a benefit to help offset expenses.
AGdent07
AG
Have any of you created an infinity bottle? One of my friends created one. You can really pick out some of the stronger bourbon flavors. We finished up a bottle of Michter's 20 year this weekend and I thought about recycling the bottle.
austinag1997
AG
Cowboy Curtis said:

I guess "charity" isn't the most appropriate word. Without getting into too much detail it's for a family member that's had a few major medical episodes and a venue is hosting a benefit to help offset expenses.

Love to be able to help you, but I don't have a Lot B
austinag1997
AG
AGdent07 said:

Have any of you created an infinity bottle? One of my friends created one. You can really pick out some of the stronger bourbon flavors. We finished up a bottle of Michter's 20 year this weekend and I thought about recycling the bottle.

What is an Infinity bottle?
SpiderDude
AG
austinag1997 said:

AGdent07 said:

https://punchdrink.com/articles/how-infinity-bottle-blend-became-whiskey-nerd-obsession/
FriedTex
AG
SpiderDude said:

austinag1997 said:

AGdent07 said:

https://punchdrink.com/articles/how-infinity-bottle-blend-became-whiskey-nerd-obsession/

It's a good way to make room for more bottles
SpiderDude
AG
A buddy of mine removes his old labels and places them in a memory book. It's pretty cool actually. I've considered doing the same.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
Lol what?
Wheatables02
AG
SpiderDude said:

A buddy of mine removes his old labels and places them in a memory book. It's pretty cool actually. I've considered doing the same.
I just take 2 ounces from each bottle, put it in a boston round, and print a basic text label to revisit it later. I also keep the corks because you never know when you need a backup.
WES2006AG
AG
SpiderDude said:

So he...scrapbooks?
Fall92
AG
I made an infinity bottle of only barrel proofs. Pretty damn good.
"I did nothing. I did absolutely nothing, and it was everything that I thought it could be."
austinag1997
AG
My bourbon stock is comprised largely of barrel proof selections. I have a crystal decanter that sits empty much of the time. Perhaps I will try this.
John Francis Donaghy
austinag1997 said:

My bourbon stock is comprised largely of barrel proof selections. I have a crystal decanter that sits empty much of the time. Perhaps I will try this.

Never store liquor in crystal for more than a couple days at a time. The lead from the crystal can leach into the liquor, and can reach significant levels over time.
agcrock2005
AG
Just when I thought I had seen it all...W12 for $299 in Fort Worth.
SpiderDude
AG
agcrock2005 said:

750 or handle?
austinag1997
AG
John Francis Donaghy said:

austinag1997 said:

Never store liquor in crystal for more than a couple days at a time. The lead from the crystal can leach into the liquor, and can reach significant levels over time.

Sir, I should be dead then.
Buck Compton
AG
John Francis Donaghy said:

austinag1997 said:

Exactly right.

But only if it truly is leaded glass (a.k.a. "crystal"). Many decanters today are made from thick lead-free glass (a.k.a. "crystalline") for this exact reason. Waterford for one still focuses on leaded glass. If it's still made of leaded crystal, it'll likely call it out or even say something like "not suggested for storage".

Both of my decanters are lead-free glass because not being able to store it ruins the use for me. I don't host often enough to use one only for serving. Our fancy stemware is leaded glass, but you don't store liquid in those.

If someone can't find their model online or find the specs, a good rule of thumb for these days is if it's below $100, it probably isn't leaded.
Sazerac
AG
This is only for leaded glass, but many nice decanters are.
agcrock2005
AG
SpiderDude said:

agcrock2005 said:

750 or handle?
It's ridiculous either way, but 750.
MW03
AG
Same here.
TamuKid
AG
In San Diego for a week just for a fun trip. Went to Albertsons near downtown for some breakfast, three Eagle Rare just sitting on the shelf. Weird seeing liquor in a grocery store. Let alone, something you can't even get at a liquor store with massive selection like a Texas Total Wine regularly.
mazag08
AG
TamuKid said:

In San Diego for a week just for a fun trip. Went to Albertsons near downtown for some breakfast, three Eagle Rare just sitting on the shelf. Weird seeing liquor in a grocery store. Let alone, something you can't even get at a liquor store with massive selection like a Texas Total Wine regularly.

I can almost always find Eagle Rare in Houston.
OutdoorAg2010
AG
Me too....
Sazerac
AG
I call BS.
I've gotten one bottle in Houston in 2 yrs. And it wasn't on the shelf, was allocated.
Mr07Ag
AG
I've seen Eagle Rare plenty of times on the shelves at Costco liquor stores over the past 6 months or so.
jetch17
AG
yes it is plentiful in the Houston spots ive seen. Ill pick it up at $27 just to have on hand when i see it. Definitely dont get the tater hunt and white hot boners over it recently

Ran into full shelves of ER and EHT at downtown specs last week and grabbed 2 of each
LPHA
AG
Found an Old Fitzgerald BiB 15 last night. Pretty cool bottle.
StEdsCOOG
Spec's is releasing a ER store pick on Saturday. I believe it will be available at a handful of stores along with a few other hard to find bottles.
SpiderDude
AG
LPHA said:

Found an Old Fitzgerald BiB 15 last night. Pretty cool bottle.

What would you take in trade?!
Agman
AG
Moved to Kentucky and been buying faster than I can drink.

MJ20/20
AG
Can we get a full shot of your college station eatery pic?
Agman
AG
MJ20/20 said:

Can we get a full shot of your college station eatery pic?

Here you go!

MJ20/20
AG
Awesome. Thanks. That's a cool pic.
agcrock2005
AG
My best friend lost his wife 3.5 years ago to breast cancer (she was 36 with one year old son...awful situation) and every March 5th (their anniversary) we get together to have a toast to her and drink 4R single barrel because that's what he wants to do. I forgot how tasty that stuff was. Hopefully it won't be bought up after all of the Wellers are gone.
MW03
AG
Any of yall ever made "Poorer Man's Pappy"? Apparently it's a blend of Larceny and Maker's Cask.

First Page Last Page
Page 427 of 1106

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.