Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,835,008 Views | 38375 Replies | Last: 2 min ago by AgCzar
MW03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
MW03 said:

Back to bourbon, I typically drink mine neat these days. Some pours just taste better with a little water, or on the rocks. Case in point: Dickel BiB. Tried it neat and thought it was decent enough. Trying it on the rocks now, and it mutes the "vitamin" flavor and I'm really enjoying the peanut taste. Totally different booze on ice.

Halfway through this Dickel BiB, and I like it more and more with each glass. It's different for sure, but it's surprising.
MJ20/20
AG
I like it as well. Very nice change of pace.
RenoAg
Specs on hwy 6 at williams trace has buffalo trace and 3 bottles of four roses small batch select if any you degenerates lookin for it.
jetch17
agcrock2005
AG
I just traded a W12 for a RHF. Hard to believe that a screw top bottle of Weller is equal to a bottle that I've been searching for for 3 years and have never seen. Saw an ETL trade for 2 OWA's the other day as well. Crazy.
SpiderDude
AG
agcrock2005 said:

I just traded a W12 for a RHF. Hard to believe that a screw top bottle of Weller is equal to a bottle that I've been searching for for 3 years and have never seen. Saw an ETL trade for 2 OWA's the other day as well. Crazy.

Yes. I buy W12 and OWA anytime I can for this reason. I don't drink Weller (much) myself.
AGdent07
AG
Got a call and picked up an Elijah Craig Barrel Proof yesterday. Talked with the Specs rep and Stagg Jr dropped. They had a single case (6 bottles) but all went out to people they called. I knew it had dropped because my buddy was one of the lucky few to get the phone call. Were any of you guys lucky enough to score one?
jetch17
AG
By the looks of all the Tater pages, everyone's been beating off on the EHT, ER & Stagg jr drops this week - quite a bit of Blantons being crotch shotted too
lazuras_dc
AG
RenoAg said:

Specs on hwy 6 at williams trace has buffalo trace and 3 bottles of four roses small batch select if any you degenerates lookin for it.

Are those hard to find for folks ? Liquor store here in corpus had several bottles of 4roses single barrel and small batch and I'm pretty sure BT is almost everywhere I've been.
jetch17
AG
No.
RenoAg
Seems like I've seen posts about these sometimes being hard to find for some. But my recollections could've been influenced by imbibing varying amounts of sweet nectar from distilled grains like corn, wheat and rye. I also haven't been in hunt mode for a few years so I could certainly be incorrect. Won't be the last time.
Superdave1993
AG
Ok guys, I am mostly a lurker, but need harness some honest knowledge from the group. I lost my dad 21 years ago, and was going through his old small stock a couple of years ago and this was the only unopened bottle. He received it as a gift and has his name on the label. Not sure that I will ever have a reason good enough to crack it open, but Would like to know a rough date of this. I have not had much luck finding dates or value online. Thanks in advance.

Wheatables02
AG
Can you post a pic of the other side of the tax strip and bottom of the bottle?

BTW it's an awesome bottle. My guess is '62
mazag08
AG
That's really cool.

I was going through my dads cabinet yesterday. Found a bottle of Cognac from 1968. Can't fin anything about it anywhere. Name is escaping me now.. but it's a very basic label with cursive writing. Will try to post a pic later.
Superdave1993
AG
I'll get the bottom. The ones I have are not clear.

MJ20/20
AG
That's awesome. What a cool memento to have. I'd have a hard time drinking it as well. It would be cool to have a drink every year on your Dad's birthday.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
That's a 61-77 tax strip.
Superdave1993
AG
The bottom reads " federal law prevent sale or redemption of this bottle"

"Liquor bottle"

And "750ml"

AgDev01
AG
Here is some info:

http://www.lawhiskeysociety.com/pages/Value-of-Very-Old-Fitzgerald
Superdave1993
AG
Thank you for the link. I had stumbled on that one while searching, but not much out there on this thing.
AgDev01
AG
This was the thing i noticed:

" On all expressions through 1972, the front label (and sometimes back) will list Barreled and Bottled years."

So if the tax stamp is was used to 77 as stated above, then my guess is somewhere between the two.
Sixdrakes
AG
I was able to grab a couple. Did you pick up the ECBP A120 batch or an older batch?
the dude10
AG
Need opinions on a few ryes I saw today:
Wild turkey masters keep rye
Knob creek single barrel specs pick
Barrell Canadian rye 13yr 126.5 proof

I love rye and am picturing the barrell tasting like the store pick whistle pigs which I love. No idea on the others but really want to try the other two as well
CactusThomas
AG
Where are you seeing the masters keep?
the dude10
AG
Just one left at an Austin area specs. If I don't grab it I will pm you
MW03
AG
https://whiskeyid.com/old-fitzgerald-1849-10yr-1972/

https://www.whiskyauctioneer.com/lot/70719/old-fitzgerald-1849-circa-1987

https://www.drinksplanet.com/old-fitzgerald-90477.html
Superdave1993
AG
Thank you! That third one helped a ton. I'll pull the bottle out again and see if I can make out the date. I had found the first link, but the last two were new.
MW03
AG
Very cool. Glad I could help. I think you can make out 72 on that photo.
TamuKid
AG
agcrock2005 said:

Dang. Good trade. I've tried to make the same several times and couldn't. I'd like to get RHF to do a full flight comparison of Blanton's, Hancocks, ETL, and RHF.
AGdent07
AG
Sixdrakes said:

I was able to grab a couple. Did you pick up the ECBP A120 batch or an older batch?
The bottle I picked up was batch C919. You snagged a couple Stagg Jr?
betadawg1
AG
Anyone need Bourbon Cream? 6 bottles on the shelf here in Memphis. Looks to be about $30 after taxes. I'm in CS but can meet in NW Houston. Need to know by noon if interested.
Texas_Aggie91
AG
I would take a bottle. I am located in CS.
Cowboy Curtis
AG
Anyone in Austin want to trade a VW Lot B for a '17 GTS? I'm donating a bottle for charity auction in deep SETX and think the Van Winkle name will fetch more than BTAC. Thanks!
Sixdrakes
AG
Yes, I did. I'm surprised your Specs still had some C919 in stock.
austinag1997
AG
Cowboy Curtis said:

Anyone in Austin want to trade a VW Lot B for a '17 GTS? I'm donating a bottle for charity auction in deep SETX and think the Van Winkle name will fetch more than BTAC. Thanks!

Just curious... what charity?
First Page Last Page
Page 426 of 1097

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.