Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,869,258 Views | 38692 Replies | Last: 39 min ago by Bulldog73
Kid A
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anybody interested in trading a 4 Roses LE Small Batch from 2012 for a 4 Roses LE Small Batch from 2013 (125 anniversary)? I'm in Dallas.
Aggiejue
AG
Just picked up 2013 4R Single Barrel but still looking for the 125th Small Batch. Hopefully, someone can help me out. Also, if you are close to Richmond Tx, the Specs has a single THH. Was available about an hour ago.
chadclay
AG
Aggiejue, nice meeting you today. I'll let you know if I find anything during my search.
Aggiejue
AG
Chadclay,

Good meeting you as well! The hunt continues and I will keep you updated.
FlyFish95
Aggiejue,

The store at 762 and 59? I didn't see anything here. Did you have to ask about it or was it sitting out?
TxKng82
AG
quote:
Got my Saz 18 today! 5/5!

Jealous! Good find
chadclay
AG
DryFly,
I know you didn't ask me, but Aggiejue wasn't at the store in Richmond. I was standing next to Aggiejue in a San Antonio Spec's when the Spec's associate found a bottle in their system at the Richmond store. He also mentioned one bottle in Sugarland, but he said it was in a warehouse and wouldn't be available. I wouldn't expect them to display the bottle. When I got my Sazerac 18 a couple weeks back, they were holding it in the back. Good luck!
FlyFish95
I got 2 bottles of George T. Stagg at that Richmond store. Thy bad them displayed in the locked, glass case. The database may have showed that bottle in Richmond, but it wasnt there. There databases are never accurate or they are accurate and they just lie to you when you show up.
Aggiejue
AG
Sorry for the confusion. As stated, the Republic salesperson here in San Antonio provided the information. There seems to be a lot of shady people not being truthful in the Houston area.
austinag1997
AG
Only in the Houston area? That's happening all over.

I have actually found a store that is telling me when their shipment is coming in. He knows in advance. I'm sure they all do, but most won't tell you for some reason.

He knows I'm looking for a WLW, but isn't sure he can get it for me. We'll see... at least I'm dealing with a straight-shooter.
FlyFish95
I have a few stores in Houston that I deal with that are honest. Unfortunately, one of my spots got ONE bottle of ORVW 10, which is far less than what they normally get. I'm still waiting for a few other stores to get theirs. One of my stores got nothing this year.

Supply is much lower this year than in years past it seems.
proudaggie02
AG
I'm glad the "Pappy Season" is almost over. It's always fun though, and I'm sure I will be looking forward to it next Fall.

Over the last two days, I've added a PVW 15, WL Weller, Eagle Rare 17, and Stagg Jr. If I could've made it to Eagle, CO last night.... it would have been another 3 bottles each of Van Winkle 12 and George T Stagg. The store I was at this morning allowed 1 bottle of PVW and 1 bottle of BTAC. It was tough looking at 3 bottles of Stagg, 3 bottles of Thomas H Handy Sazerac, and 2 bottle of Eagle Rare 17.... and only getting 1 bottle.
htxag09
AG
Well that game was rough, but just got texted and when I get back to Houston Monday I'll have this waiting for me at the store.
joshwayne330
^^^^ No PVW15? I would pass on that set then, j/k...
tx4guns
AG
My score from tonight!

htxag09
AG
Tx4guns, do you like the high west? The main store I go to bought a specific barrel so I got a bottle.
tx4guns
AG
Never had it, but I've heard good things about it.
FlyFish95
ProudAggie,

At least you've seen that much. I live in Houston and as big as this city is, the supply here sucks.
FlyFish95
htexag09,

What store is that?
Quantum ace
AG
Houston also sucks for private barrel selections. Over the past few years I have seen bottles of Pappy sitting on shelves more often.

It has me seriously thinking about doing a Four Roses myself. I just need to convince my wife I have developed a coke habit, and a one week rehab facility in Kentucky is the only way to kick it.
FlyFish95
You've seen Pappy sitting on shelves?????
Quantum ace
AG
In the past few years, none in the last year or so.
Aggiejue
AG
Still searching for a 125th Four Roses. Email in profile.
schmellba99
AG
I had some Elmer T. Lee last night for the first time.

I'll be honest - I was expecting something fairly harsh and unfinished because it's not a long aged bourbon.

But I was very pleasantly surprised by a mellow and smooth bourbon. I normally like a little more robust oak and spice in my bourbon, but this was a refreshing change. Neat at room temp, and I let the bourbon sit for a few minutes after pouring it into my favorite sipping glass. I will be keeping this one in stock with my regular bourbons.
FlyFish95
Elmer T. Lee is a great sipping bourbon. No ice or water needed. However, if you do add and ice cube and let it sit for 5-10 min, the flavor profile changes dramatically and in a good way. I got lots of melon out of it. At low $30's its definitely a good buy...and readily available.
TxKng82
AG
quote:
Elmer T. Lee is a great sipping bourbon. No ice or water needed. However, if you do add and ice cube and let it sit for 5-10 min, the flavor profile changes dramatically and in a good way. I got lots of melon out of it. At low $30's its definitely a good buy...and readily available.

Elmer t. Lee is a very good bourbon for the price. I you like it grab up a couple bottles now. Elmer hand picked all the barrels himself and now that he's dead, his hand picked selections will be gone soon.
htxag09
AG

I may be sleeping out in the rain tonight but here's my score today..
htxag09
AG
And I picked it up at ISW at the corner of magnum and 34th. I work with the owners brother so asked him to find me what he could.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Anything good left? Looks like you cleaned them out. Nice score tho.
htxag09
AG
Pappy 23 year and George t Stagg for sure. Not sure of anything else...
Head Ninja In Charge
schmellba99
AG
htxag - can I sweet talk you into picking up that Stagg for me? I can paypal you the money, or give you cash when I pick it up from you.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Just left there. Wasn't able to get any because of a waiting list. Search continues.

Thanks for the tip, htxag.
Atty_Ag
I stopped in two places in Louisville today and didn't find anything. Everything is long gone here.

We went to Kroger and I checked out the adjacent Kroger liquor store and decided to try the Single Barrel Reserve 9 year old Knob Creek, hand-picked by the nice lady working the counter at Kroger. She was quite proud that she had picked it out herself for her store. How could I resist? At 120 proof, it makes spending time with the in-laws tolerable.
GregZeppelin
AG
Sorry to interrupt the Pappy thread, but can someone tell me more about this blending of Weller 12 and Weller Antique?

Weller 12 is my new favorite everyday sipper, but I have found myself wishing it had a little more oomph. I haven't tried the Antique yet. If I like the overall flavor profile of the 12, what proportions should I shoot for? Is there really a difference between mixing and drinking immediately, and letting them mingle for a while?

Thanks in advance for any help. I've honestly never even thought about blending up my own sipper, but I'm excited to give it a go.
First Page Last Page
Page 42 of 1106

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.