Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,861,842 Views | 38633 Replies | Last: 44 sec ago by ConfidentAg
agcrock2005
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Was checking out a new shopping center in Coppell and went in store called Applejacks. Wasn't expecting much but left with Makers RC6 and ECBP. Not sure what market is on ECBP but I had never seen it before so I paid $69 for it. They had several bottles each of OF 1910 and 1920 as well as one more of the ECBP and RC6.
EastTexAg14
AG
Send me a PM if interested in parting with it!
austinag1997
AG
SpiderDude said:

CactusThomas said:

austinag1997 said:

jwhitlock3 said:

I wish CS had a store like the Oak Liquor Cabinet. Suppose I'll swing through there this weekend and see what they've got.

Knob Creek Barrel Proof
Pinhook
Several picks of Barrell barrrel proof
Larceny

Are these all store picks that they have in stock??

Oak is easily my favorite liquor store. As mentioned... tons of store picks. That Pinhook may be the best of the bunch! I just bought another 4 bottles of it to share with friends and there's still plenty left. It's MGP juice and super smooth. The Herman Marshall he just got in is is 118+ proof at $40. You can't beat that. He's got both a Knob Creek bourbon and rye SB pick (the bourbon is almost gone tho). He had a Russell's Reserve SB but I think he's out now. Multiple Barrel Whiskey picks as well.

I'll have to try the Pinhook again. Wasn't sold the first bottle round.
austinag1997
AG
Alright, I do this rarely, but...

I have a GTS from this year that I am willing to trade for a WLW or THH. Any interest?
MJ20/20
AG
I love both of those. That's a nice score. RC6 is great.
SpiderDude
AG
agcrock2005 said:

Was checking out a new shopping center in Coppell and went in store called Applejacks. Wasn't expecting much but left with Makers RC6 and ECBP. Not sure what market is on ECBP but I had never seen it before so I paid $69 for it. They had several bottles each of OF 1910 and 1920 as well as one more of the ECBP and RC6.

$69 for ECBP isn't bad. I think I paid $65ish for mine. I've seen as low as $59 or so on Overpriced Bourbon IG account.
SpiderDude
AG
Picked up my first Pikesville Rye today. This one had been on my bucket list for awhile. Looking forward to trying it later.
TamuKid
AG
Have some bottles I'd like to trade for something I don't have. I'm in the Austin/RR area. PM me if your interested in any of these.

Looking for RHF, ETL, Stagg Jr, Weller FP, Blanton's Gold, Blanton's SFTB, Old Fitz decanter BiB's, OFBB, etc etc.

V8Aggie
AG
TamuKid said:

Have some bottles I'd like to trade for something I don't have. I'm in the Austin/RR area. PM me if your interested in any of these.

Looking for RHF, ETL, Stagg Jr, Weller FP, Blanton's Gold, Blanton's SFTB, Old Fitz decanter BiB's, OFBB, etc etc.

I'd love to get my hands on a MWND but don't really have anything to trade other than a McKenna Henry BIB + cash Also I am in houston so there's that too.
Fall92
AG
Picked up a WSR 1.75l today for $34. I normally wouldn't post about WSR but I've never seen a 1.75 before. I have a 1L WSR and OWA but have never seen a 1.75L Weller product before.
Post removed:
by user
Fall92
AG
Edit for reading comprehension. I have two of those ER 1.75s (WTT one) Not quite 3 feet but have to put on the shelf without a top for sure.
CactusThomas
AG
Willet pot still 1.75 takes up some space
Sazerac
AG
Don't have to worry about seeing one of those again in Houston....

I see Weller in 1.75 all the time. Previously was my go to for daily.

CharlieBrown17
AG
third coast.. said:

Wait till you find the 3 foot tall ER 1.75

The 1.75 baby saz is a trip too
agcrock2005
AG
third coast.. said:

Wait till you find the 3 foot tall ER 1.75
I saw one of those last year for $65 and didn't get it because I didn't know wtf I would do with it. Hard to hide that one from the wife. Wish I had gotten it though. Crazy big.
agcrock2005
AG
CactusThomas said:

Willet pot still 1.75 takes up some space
And tastes like dog *****..lol. Have had that sitting out for 2 years. Can't give it away. Really cool bottle though.
Post removed:
by user
agcrock2005
AG
Don't have to, but I do.
Post removed:
by user
Ducks4brkfast
AG
third coast.. said:

That's alcoholism brother
agcrock2005
AG
Lol. You know little about me. I rarely drink bourbon now after a serious surgery a couple years ago, but have a large bourbon collection with little room for more bottles. Thus, having a ginormous bottle of ER (have 2 unopened smaller ones in the bar) would not go over well with the wife.
TamuKid
AG
I occasionally sneak a bottle into my cabinet when the wife isn't looking too. Sometimes, it's just easier.
Post removed:
by user
FriedTex
AG
I try to hide it in Costco purchases, never works. She is good at math
mazag08
AG
If your wife gets upset with whiskey purchases perhaps you should consider the secondary market. Trading her might help you afford that next Weller.. or Pappy.. or Garrison Brothers.
agcrock2005
AG
third coast.. said:

Doesnt sound like youre ready for step 1.
Post removed:
by user
SpiderDude
AG
mazag08 said:

If your wife gets upset with whiskey purchases perhaps you should consider the secondary market. Trading her might help you afford that next Weller.. or Pappy.. or Garrison Brothers.
SpiderDude
AG
third coast.. said:

Doesnt sound like youre ready for step 1.

Said the guy on a bourbon forum...
Ducks4brkfast
AG
EastTexAg14 said:

Send me a PM if interested in parting with it!

17 year wheater, 144 proof, picked by Reid & Emerald (1789b) back in 2010.

Recently turned down an offer at $5,500.

Buy both bottles and I'll sell you to at $5,000 ea
62strat
AG
My local store (Bevy's Liquor) started doing something cool; They've had their rewards program forever, you get $5 on every $100 you spend.

Now they have an 'allocated' cabinet that you can use these Bevy reward dollars (and only reward dollars) to purchase items.

Dammit if I haven't easily racked up $200 worth of their reward dollars ($4k spent) over my 7 years of shopping there.. If I had let that ride every time, I could walk in and snag an ORWV today for free.

Looks like I'll start letting it ride again! Hopefully they keep this a while. What a great idea.

Forgot to post the pic!

Cowboy Curtis
AG
This is how you build a solid customer base
Sazerac
AG
in Houston most of the small liquor shops do something similar, or at least only sell allocated to their top customers.

Specs lets any key member put their name on the list....just for Eagle Rare it was over a thousand people.
62strat
AG
cclearman said:

in Houston most of the small liquor shops do something similar, or at least only sell allocated to their top customers.

Specs lets any key member put their name on the list....just for Eagle Rare it was over a thousand people.
But how do you determine that? Which 'top customer' gets to buy ORVW when it comes in?

Having a defined and specific goal to reach clears all that up. When I get $XX in rewards, I can 'buy' something. No lists, lines, or speculation by the owner.
First Page Last Page
Page 419 of 1104

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.