Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

******************* BOURBON *******************

4,833,144 Views | 38363 Replies | Last: 33 sec ago by ConfidentAg
AlaskanAg99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
third coast.. said:

You serious Clark? There were HUNDREDS of people lined up for store picks st downtown specs for a couple of Houston bourbon society picks. Dudes lined up at 0230. That's ****ing absurd.

Totally kick myself for not going to that.
jwhitlock3
I wish CS had a store like the Oak Liquor Cabinet. Suppose I'll swing through there this weekend and see what they've got.
Vade281
AG
The bourbon craze is out of hand. I blame the Facebook people hoarding to resell.

On a serious note, is the NASA liquor store still a good place? I had a friend buy me a few store picks of 4 roses there that were amazing.

TamuKid
AG
Raju is the man! He has 7+ store picks at any given time. Great bourbon selection, reasonable prices, tasting events all the time, doesn't make asking about allocates bottles make you feel like a beggar, etc etc. He runs a damn near perfect mom and pop liquor store, IMO.
MW03
AG
if anyone gets a line on Stagg Jr in DFW, I've been looking for a while. Doesn't have to be any particular batch.
agcrock2005
AG
Just picked up an Eagle Rare and Weller Antique at Goody Goody on Oak Lawn (Dallas).Can't believe I have to share information like this for people to be able to find it...but I wouldn't have known if someone didn't post on a FB Bourbon group about an hour ago.
jetch17
AG
i just went to kill time at lunch at the Downtown Spec's today and picked up an ER just because it was on the shelf and had a guy almost jump my sh*t while i browsed the rest of the aisle with a "WHERE DID YOU FIND THAT!"
Vade281
AG
MW03 said:

if anyone gets a line on Stagg Jr in DFW, I've been looking for a while. Doesn't have to be any particular batch.
Are you looking for a fresh bottle? I've got an open bottle that I've taken maybe 2 oz out of. I'm also willing to do sample trades if people were interested. I'm also in DFW.
Fall92
AG
Vade281 said:

The bourbon craze is out of hand. I blame the Facebook people hoarding to resell.

On a serious note, is the NASA liquor store still a good place? I had a friend buy me a few store picks of 4 roses there that were amazing.

It's still good but if you're down that way you should also head to Flak's.
"I did nothing. I did absolutely nothing, and it was everything that I thought it could be."
Rockdoc
AG
Looking for Weller Antique in CS if anybody happens on it.
Johnsy3
AG
Just picked up a bottle of Eagle Rare at Spec's in Spring (grand parkway). Literally just got the shipment in as I stepped inside. I think there's 3 cases.
Farmer1906
AG
The one on Louetta or Sawdust?

Or maybe you meant Stubner near 99 and Kuykendahl.
Johnsy3
AG
Grand Parkway and Spring Stuebner
austinag1997
AG
The Eagle Rare store pick sold out in 2 hrs 10 min. The next quickest was 5 hrs. He was stunned.
austinag1997
AG
TamuKid said:

Raju is the man! He has 7+ store picks at any given time. Great bourbon selection, reasonable prices, tasting events all the time, doesn't make asking about allocates bottles make you feel like a beggar, etc etc. He runs a damn near perfect mom and pop liquor store, IMO.

Yeah, I agree. I have known him for some time as a customer. Great guy and he takes care of me.
austinag1997
AG
jwhitlock3 said:

I wish CS had a store like the Oak Liquor Cabinet. Suppose I'll swing through there this weekend and see what they've got.

Knob Creek Barrel Proof
Pinhook
Several picks of Barrell barrrel proof
Larceny
GarlandAg2012
AG
agcrock2005 said:

Just picked up an Eagle Rare and Weller Antique at Goody Goody on Oak Lawn (Dallas).Can't believe I have to share information like this for people to be able to find it...but I wouldn't have known if someone didn't post on a FB Bourbon group about an hour ago.

OWA is already gone (they had one case), they have 1 or 2 ERs left. They also have a store pick of 1792 Full Proof I grabbed. They're even keeping BT and WSR in the back /eyeroll
agcrock2005
AG
Yeah, did a quick walk through and saw no BT products so I asked what they had in back. They must have just gotten the shipment because one of the guys said "how did you know". Told him Facebook and he said "oh God...here they all come". Guess they/we did. Lol.
CactusThomas
AG
austinag1997 said:

jwhitlock3 said:

Knob Creek Barrel Proof
Pinhook
Larceny

Are these all store picks that they have in stock??
TamuKid
AG
Yes, along with 1792 Single Barrel and 1792 Bottled in Bond, Herman Marshall, Makers Private Select, and probably several more I'm forgetting.
CactusThomas
AG
Damn
CharlieBrown17
AG
Always has really good regular bottles on the shelf as well

Great store
austinag1997
AG
Store picks.
austinag1997
AG
I knew I would forget some.
CactusThomas
AG
I'll make a stop on my cross country drive from Corpus to Abilene.

I'm not a big wheated bourbon fan but those makers private selects can be incredible. I also stock up on Barrell picks. I'm not going to pretend they are a good value but I've had several that were all delicious. Of course I'll get a knob creek pick as well.
austinag1997
AG
CactusThomas said:

I'm not a big wheated bourbon fan but those makers private selects can be incredible. I also stock up on Barrell picks. I'm not going to pretend they are a good value but I've had several that were all delicious. Of course I'll get a knob creek pick as well.

I struggle to pull the trigger on $80+ bourbon unless I know what I am getting, The Barrell bourbons fall in that category, but some are quite tasty. The 1792 barrel proof is a better value.
SpiderDude
AG
CactusThomas said:

austinag1997 said:

jwhitlock3 said:

Knob Creek Barrel Proof
Pinhook
Larceny

Are these all store picks that they have in stock??

Oak is easily my favorite liquor store. As mentioned... tons of store picks. That Pinhook may be the best of the bunch! I just bought another 4 bottles of it to share with friends and there's still plenty left. It's MGP juice and super smooth. The Herman Marshall he just got in is is 118+ proof at $40. You can't beat that. He's got both a Knob Creek bourbon and rye SB pick (the bourbon is almost gone tho). He had a Russell's Reserve SB but I think he's out now. Multiple Barrel Whiskey picks as well.
CactusThomas
AG
austinag1997 said:

CactusThomas said:

I struggle to pull the trigger on $80+ bourbon unless I know what I am getting, The Barrell bourbons fall in that category, but some are quite tasty. The 1792 barrel proof is a better value.

Yeah I'm not here to try to convince anyone that it's a good value. Its Dickel for crying out loud. I drink it because I like it a lot.
SpiderDude
AG
Agreed. I'm all about value (what you're getting vs. What you're paying for it). I don't own a Barrel bottle for this reason. I do how ever take every opportunity to drink my friends' when offered!
SpiderDude
AG
But don't you know... Dickel was World Whiskey of the Year!
MW03
AG
What's the difference between a "barrel pick" and a "store pick", or are those terms for the same thing?
Ducks4brkfast
AG
yes
EastTexAg14
AG
Anybody have any Willet Family Estate Bourbon sitting around?
TamuKid
AG
MW03 said:

What's the difference between a "barrel pick" and a "store pick", or are those terms for the same thing?
The Barrell picks people are talking about recently are about a brand, called Barrell Bourbon, though.

It's a Barrell Bourbon "store pick".

Ducks4brkfast
AG
yes
First Page Last Page
Page 418 of 1097

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.